Ship Palmacosta

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Re: Ship Palmacosta

Post by BlueCrab »

There's definitely something wrong with Palmacosta. Didi, you need to fix it. Please do not bring it back up until it is up-to-date and you are able to log in and out properly at least.

For the time being, I'm forcing it down to prevent any further problems.

PS: I couldn't even get the block list when I tried to shut it down properly, so I simply took it out of the ship list at the database level and cleared anyone who was online from it.
Didi
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
Has thanked: 0

Post by Didi »

Thank you very much Blue!!!
I restarted it now, also log in and out, is working.
Probably was the conection, cause the ship is new compilation.

PS: Can you test the conection for all platforms?
Passatempo favorito: Jogar os diversos PSOs
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Didi wrote:Thank you very much Blue!!!
I restarted it now, also log in and out, is working.
Probably was the conection, cause the ship is new compilation.

PS: Can you test the conection for all platforms?
The ship is still not up-to-date. The SVN repository is no longer updated (since Google Code is now effectively closed). You need to pull from the Git repository on Sourceforge or GitHub.

Code: Select all

git clone git://git.code.sf.net/p/sylverant/libsylverant
git clone git://git.code.sf.net/p/sylverant/libpsoarchive
git clone git://git.code.sf.net/p/sylverant/ship_server
Then build each:

cd libsylverant
./autogen.sh
./configure --without-mysql
make
sudo make install

cd ../libpsoarchive
./autogen.sh
./configure
make
sudo make install

cd ../ship_server
./autogen.sh
./configure
make
sudo make install
henkus
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
Been thanked: 0

Post by henkus »

Wanted to say I played some nice games this evening, so it works again!
Don't really know what you guys did but i'm thankfull.
Didi
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Didi »

Hi blue! Thanks for this new information.

I tried to do all these codes in same order, but in ship_server, with command "./configure", the following error occurs:

checking for sylverant_read_config in -lsylverant... no
configure: error: libsylverant is required!
And so stoped, what I can do?
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

First of all, make sure you did the "sudo make install" step for libsylverant (and libpsoarchive). That error implies that the library isn't installed or cannot be found in the normal install path, which means either you didn't build it correctly or it isn't installed in the system library path.

Second, what OS are you running on? On some OSes /usr/local/lib isn't in the system library path, so you might need to do something like this for the configure step of ship_server:

CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib" ./configure
Didi
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Didi »

I had done all those commands, sudo is only required one time, because after the cyngwin already confirms the authentication, making sudo an absentee command the second time, like what happens in ubuntu

And above the OS, is an XP

But with the command flag could rebuild and put the ship back, hopefully now is completely updated, any problem tell me, okay?
mautheus
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by mautheus »

BlueCrab a dumb question - How to download the entire repository at once?

PS.: And please, if possible, update the Wiki and so we will avoid stupid questions ... kkkkk
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Each part of the server is in its own repository now, so there is no way to check it all out with one fell swoop. You have to do a few git clone commands. Considering that the libraries are either shared (libsylverant) or also are usable outside of sylverant (libpsoarchive), it's only sensible to not combine them into one monster repository. Also, Git and Subversion are much different systems for doing SCM. It's unavoidable that there will be differences between how they work. In the end Git works much better from a development standpoint, which is why I'm using it.

As for the Wiki page on Cygwin (which is the only part that ever gave compilation instructions), I didn't write it. I don't actually support running it on Cygwin in the first place and never have -- I've never tested it on Cygwin in the first place. The only OS that I actually can offer any technical assistance with is FreeBSD, as that's the only OS where I actually do test Sylverant. Updating a Wiki page for something that I specifically do not actually support would be somewhat... silly? It would give the appearance that it is a supported configuration that is actively tested, when (as I already said) it isn't.

Each OS has its own quirks, and the fact that in order to use Sylverant on Windows you pretty much have to emulate a more sensible OS is more than a little bit of a quirk. To be honest, I'm halfway surprised that it ever worked on Cygwin to start with, and it certainly wouldn't surprise me if it ever mysteriously stopped working one day without notice.
tueidj
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by tueidj »

You could use git submodules...
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

To me, submodules don't make sense either. As I said, the libraries are all shared, so it doesn't really make sense to be checking them out for each and every part of the server that's applicable to the person compiling.
Didi
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Didi »

Hi Blue!

I sent you a PM to let you know that GC is now connecting to the ship since we changed the OS to FreeBSD. Now we need to run the drop server and, as we don't have GC map files, we also need them. Can you send me these files?
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Patience is a virtue. That, and real life often takes me away from the Internet for random periods of time. Just sayin'. :wink:
Didi
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Didi »

Darwin777 PM to Didi wrote:
Didi wrote:Hi, the problem has already been solved, is working in multiplayer mode too, if you find a few bugs, please let me know, you can use the topic of ship Palmacosta here in the same forum.
Thank you again.
thank you is good know it , i have a qiestion , mop up tower have finish ? i do ti when i finished tower send me in pioner and no give me meseta , how i can finis it quest?
Good to know that quest is having this problem, I will test it both PSOGC as the PSOBB, so we know if there is any script conversion problem. When this check is completed, I inform you here. Thank you!
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

I've also read a report that the final room doesn't work right; every enemy spawns in the center of the room at the same time, so all the enemies are on top of each other. :oops:
"Fear the HUnewearl."
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

Aleron Ives wrote:I've also read a report that the final room doesn't work right; every enemy spawns in the center of the room at the same time, so all the enemies are on top of each other. :oops:
I'll be pretty straight forward, you are the least qualified person to report any issues with quests, your performance on that regard has been terrible.
You hold these issues to yourself only to use them as a gun to bash whatever ship admin is in charge of said quest.

From commands (/legit &/setlvl out of order) to TTF ++ (where you mentioned bugs that couldn't happen and bugs that have been fixed) your performance isn't famous, especially when these reports come up 6 months later and you have no clue if the report is accurate, but you still mention it anyway as if your quests don't have their share of issues, but those you don't really mention them now do you? And you make sure that others don't mention them either.

I already had to recheck several of your "reports" only to find out some were fixed and some issues were made up, please if your going to point your ammo at Didi this time, make reports in this lifetime, present the issue quickly but make sure said report someone made is valid, check yourself.
But i mean it, check it, i don't mean you should pretend to check them and then state them.

@Didi, carefull with ives reports ok, otherwise you will be going in circles trying to find things that could never happen in the 1st place, try and find a more reliable source, ask one of your friends to test the quests and stuff. A complete newbie is more reliable by a long shot.

I don't care if ives does the same mistakes over and over again, all i care is results, mentioning things out of time, bugs that have been fixed and even issues with quests that never happened only shows that his performance is turrible.
Turrible.
Don't even tell anyone you are a GM, that you wotk together and you talk to other ship admins to resolve issues, save yourself that shame.
Please don't be like "that issue was around the last time i logged there", i'm pretty sure Didi ins't going to like if he is the next in line to take up with bs reports.

That is all.
TulioAdriano
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by TulioAdriano »

:o
There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binaries and those who don't.
Fallingferret
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Fallingferret »

K_I_R_E_E_K wrote:
Aleron Ives wrote:I've also read a report that the final room doesn't work right; every enemy spawns in the center of the room at the same time, so all the enemies are on top of each other. :oops:
I'll be pretty straight forward, you are the least qualified person to report any issues with quests, your performance on that regard has been terrible.
You hold these issues to yourself only to use them as a gun to bash whatever ship admin is in charge of said quest.

From commands (/legit &/setlvl out of order) to TTF ++ (where you mentioned bugs that couldn't happen and bugs that have been fixed) your performance isn't famous, especially when these reports come up 6 months later and you have no clue if the report is accurate, but you still mention it anyway as if your quests don't have their share of issues, but those you don't really mention them now do you? And you make sure that others don't mention them either.

I already had to recheck several of your "reports" only to find out some were fixed and some issues were made up, please if your going to point your ammo at Didi this time, make reports in this lifetime, present the issue quickly but make sure said report someone made is valid, check yourself.
But i mean it, check it, i don't mean you should pretend to check them and then state them.

@Didi, carefull with ives reports ok, otherwise you will be going in circles trying to find things that could never happen in the 1st place, try and find a more reliable source, ask one of your friends to test the quests and stuff. A complete newbie is more reliable by a long shot.

I don't care if ives does the same mistakes over and over again, all i care is results, mentioning things out of time, bugs that have been fixed and even issues with quests that never happened only shows that his performance is turrible.
Turrible.
Don't even tell anyone you are a GM, that you wotk together and you talk to other ship admins to resolve issues, save yourself that shame.
Please don't be like "that issue was around the last time i logged there", i'm pretty sure Didi ins't going to like if he is the next in line to take up with bs reports.

That is all.
that is literally >play quest>encountered issue Y/N? okay, done.

no need to flip shit over something that simple. if i had somebody geared and leveled to blast through it, i'd check it myself
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

K_I_R_E_E_K wrote:I'll be pretty straight forward, you are the least qualified person to report any issues with quests, your performance on that regard has been terrible.
Are you so desperate in your vendetta against me that you have to resort to libel and lies? There is nobody more qualified to report quest bugs than one of the original Qedit developers, but I do not take credit for discovering that one, which is why I said that I had "read a report".

K_I_R_E_E_K wrote:You hold these issues to yourself only to use them as a gun to bash whatever ship admin is in charge of said quest.
I received the report this week, so I haven't been "holding" it at all. Palmacosta didn't even support Episode II quests at all until a few weeks ago, so there wasn't any time for anyone to "hold" any bug reports.
K_I_R_E_E_K wrote:as if your quests don't have their share of issues, but those you don't really mention them now do you?
I fix bugs in my quests when I get reports from people of clear and pressing problems that I know how to resolve immediately and without introducing additional problems.
K_I_R_E_E_K wrote:And you make sure that others don't mention them either.
People are always able to report bugs in my quests; that's why each one has its own thread in my forum. I'm certainly not going to encourage people to spread exploitation methods, and I don't enjoy it when people post spoilers for how to do thinngs in new quests, but I don't stop people from doing so.
K_I_R_E_E_K wrote:please if your going to point your ammo at Didi this time, make reports in this lifetime, present the issue quickly but make sure said report someone made is valid, check yourself.
I got the report in the last three days or so, and unless you're an insect, I don't think that qualifies as a lifetime. It is not my responsibility to verify other people's bug reports, as it isn't my quest to fix. It's up to whoever made the quest to decide if the report is valid and to fix the problem if he determines that it exists.
K_I_R_E_E_K wrote:@Didi, carefull with ives reports ok, otherwise you will be going in circles trying to find things that could never happen in the 1st place, try and find a more reliable source, ask one of your friends to test the quests and stuff. A complete newbie is more reliable by a long shot.
I think we've given you a wide berth for your inflamatory and derogatory remarks over the years, but do not try to smear my reputation when it comes to quests, especially when you have nowhere near my level of experience with Qedit.
K_I_R_E_E_K wrote:Don't even tell anyone you are a GM, that you wotk together and you talk to other ship admins to resolve issues, save yourself that shame.
I will let my fellow administrators and the people who actually play my quests for enjoyment, rather than to search for things to complain about, judge the merit of my contributions.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

@K_I_R_E_E_K:
Cool it. There's absolutely no reason for you to have posted what you just did. None whatsoever. Aleron Ives simply posted that he had received a report of a problem in the quest that was already being talked about. How in the world is that something to get so worked up over so as to start flaming him?

I don't find it at all constructive to have such comments here at all. Airing out your anger over something that is apparently completely unrelated to the topic at hand in a public forum isn't constructive. Please keep things civil.