Post everytime that you buy a new game...

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Specially Cork
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Re: Post everytime that you buy a new game...

Post by Specially Cork »

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

When I set out at the beginning of the year to work through my backlog and not buy anything, this was the one exception I allowed myself. Why? Because it's still actually on my backlog. It's the only post-NES Zelda game I've never played. Not even a little in ROM form, and that's despite owning an N64 when it originally released and loving OOT. I remember seeing a few screenshots in Nintendo Official Magazine and that's it. I'm really looking forward to this one as it's basically a brand new Zelda for me.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Matisfaction »

Captain Toad Treasure Tracker £24.00. Good deal
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

Slowly working my way through Majora's Mask 3D, really nicely done port; just like WInd Waker HD, the improvements are small but make a big difference.
I never really fell in love with this when I played it at about 15 years old, I wanted more Ocarina of Time and the idea of the 3 day loop and my work being undone seemed such a strange departure from anything I'd played before. I'm still finding the concept challenging now- I take my time with games too so that sense of urgency to finish a task in 3 days is out of my comfort zone.
MM and TP are the only two proper Zeldas I never finished, so I'm looking forward to cutting down that list by one more.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

I like how Nintendo seem to port these old games so that they feel like how you remember them being and not how they actually were/are.
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

I need to choose between the N64 version or the 3DS version of Majora's Mask.

Mostly looking for it because I have Ocarina of Time N64 and want to complete the collection, even if getting the original cart (+ Expansion pack) would cost just a little more. Meanwhile, I only got through maybe 1/4 of the game on N64 before losing interest and the 3DS remake is probably much more enjoyable to play in this day and age.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

I'm finding the three day thing a bit awkward on the 3DS, more because of how I tend to play portables (on the go, in 10-30 minute bursts). Zelda is never the best kind of game for this anyway, but now I've completely lost the luxury of rediscovering where I left off. I'm now stalled outside a dungeon just waiting for a clear opportunity to play through it in one sitting (which is scarily more difficult than you'd think unless I don't bother with sleep and do it in the wee hours of the morning)
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

Same, I've split it up a bit by heading to the entrance and using the save point, but it does mean I'm a bit lost and confused when I come back to play again.
I just finished Snowhead temple and the final 5 minute countdown was going on as I was fighting the boss so it's definitely not the best way of doing it.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Not new, but I've been buying up a ton of NES games. Around 40 in the past month. Mostly B-list games that are fun but lesser known, as well as some titles for historical interest (Mach Rider). Ninja Crusaders and Monster in My Pocket are fun, for those that have never tried them.

The rising values the past two years (several games I own are now worth over $100) have made me decide to finally buy everything I think I'm likely to ever want - have around 200 titles left to get out of the US set. Several I will probably never get (Little Samson, Zombie Nation, Bubble Bobble 2) as they are $100+. I expect my "finished" NES collection will be around 400 games, around half the US released set. After that, I'll pick up the occasional homebrew (Mad Wizard looks cool), but not much else.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Man, that's awesome. I would really love full sets of NES and Dreamcast.

Money has been really tight, so I have stopped collecting. I have like 30 NES games from my childhood and I bought like 15 more NES games when I started collecting vintage gaming stuff, but they were all good titles (including all the Mega Man titles). I have a lot more Dreamcast, though, including some rare/expensive titles. And I have most of the Dreamcast hardware.

With the huge rise in value in NES games, I doubt I'll try to start collecting it again. I use my EverDrive to play games and I can buy or repro any titles that are not playable on it. I don't even bother to use the cartridges I do own. I just leave the EverDrive in the NES forever and my cartridges are in a box now. :(

I'll probably continue collecting Dreamcast when I get done with paying off loans.
It's thinking...
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

Got a 20GB PS3 (CIB, 250 GB HDD upgrade). Now is the time to scour Gamestop for used last-gen stuff.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

|darc| wrote:Man, that's awesome. I would really love full sets of NES and Dreamcast.

Money has been really tight, so I have stopped collecting. I have like 30 NES games from my childhood and I bought like 15 more NES games when I started collecting vintage gaming stuff, but they were all good titles (including all the Mega Man titles). I have a lot more Dreamcast, though, including some rare/expensive titles. And I have most of the Dreamcast hardware.

With the huge rise in value in NES games, I doubt I'll try to start collecting it again. I use my EverDrive to play games and I can buy or repro any titles that are not playable on it. I don't even bother to use the cartridges I do own. I just leave the EverDrive in the NES forever and my cartridges are in a box now. :(

I'll probably continue collecting Dreamcast when I get done with paying off loans.
Yeah, an EverDrive is another thing I need to get at some point. If just for hacks and stuff, be fun to tinker with. I really do love owning the carts though. I really regret not buying more earlier - I never sold my NES carts, I just never really stepped up my buying like I should have. I could have gotten a nearly complete set for around what I am looking at to get about 200 more titles. FYI, fair market value for the 200ish titles I'm looking at is close to $6000. Ugh. Minus the handful over $100, it's still like $4500. Blah.

Also, as contribution, I just ordered Young Indiana Jones Chronicles for NES. I'm also going to a Toy Show this weekend, expect to pick up 4 or 5 more carts there if I'm lucky. NES stuff gets picked through much quicker these days.
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

Sniper Elite V2, Tomb Raider - 360 (Free Xbox Live Gold Rewards)
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

|darc| wrote:(including all the Mega Man titles)
How was it finding Mega Man 5?
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Eviltaco64X wrote:
I paid $70 for it, perfect condition, cartridge only, shipped, on eBay.

I wasn't a very good collector. I'm not the type to spend a bunch of time going around to different places looking for deals in real life. And I'm too impatient to wait on eBay and various other auction sites constantly looking for the auctions ending at lower than normal prices. I usually decide that I want a game, and I look for it around the web for a few days, then I get impatient and buy it at the cheapest price I could find in that short time. :lol:
It's thinking...
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

|darc| wrote:
Eviltaco64X wrote:

I wasn't a very good collector. I'm not the type to spend a bunch of time going around to different places looking for deals in real life. And I'm too impatient to wait on eBay and various other auction sites constantly looking for the auctions ending at lower than normal prices. I usually decide that I want a game, and I look for it around the web for a few days, then I get impatient and buy it at the cheapest price I could find in that short time. :lol:
That's not too bad. It usually floats around $90.

I used to hold out for deals and the like, but it's a lot harder now than it was say 10 years ago. Even yard sales try to reflect eBay inflation + $5 for convenience.

My next bigger ticket purchase is probably going to be Conker's BFD. Similar price range, similar ZOMG HOLY GRAIL RARE !! type of appeal that makes people jack up the price even more but definitely worth it just for the multiplayer alone. It may cost a little more than buying a brand new game at full retail, but unlike most new games, it is an investment that actually appreciates over time.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Unfortunately I don't think I have much that has appreciated considerably.

Biggest appreciator is probably Earthbound. I bought it for like $35 used, cart-only in the late 90s. Selling for like over $200 now on eBay.
It's thinking...
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

Just bought Vib Ribbon off of PSN out of love (PS3) and started digging up CDs for it.

That was a lucky move |darc|. Give anything enough time, and it will appreciate. I got the Xbox version of Star Wars Battlefront 2 for free, Gamecube Twilight Princess for $5, and Gamecube Component cables for $5, if that says anything.

I once had the opportunity to buy Earthbound, cart in hand, at a game convention for $100 (back in 2009 if I'm remember things right) but I skipped out on it in favor of a $45 Sega Sports Dreamcast (now at least double that) that I had to sell off a few years back to pay bills. I'm still kicking myself for it. I was 16 and working for minimum wage at the time but still... After I get Conker, I'm getting an Earthbound cart. Again, it's worth it's value.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Now I want to play Earthbound again. Thanks lads.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

|darc| wrote:
Eviltaco64X wrote:

Mega Man 5 is interesting as it has gone up a bit, but nothing too crazy, in the past few years. Just been $50+ for over five years.

I just got Mega Man in the mail. It's the most I have EVER spent on a NES game by a significant margin, at about $60. There's only three games I'm seriously looking at that I expect to pay more for (SCAT, Bucky O'Hare, and Die Hard as of now) in my NES quest. A bit sad, as Mega Man is one I passed up numerous times in the past for way less - most recently, a local shop had it for around $20 3 or 4 years ago, but I always figured someday I'd see it for less. I also beat it, and it is indeed pretty tough. I beat it on a rental in my youth, probably around 1991 or 1992, and remember thinking the difficulty was overstated. Not sure if I agree with my original assessment any longer. Waaaay harder than Mega Man 2, and not just harder, it's also more frustrating (like the jump block puzzles with an invincible moving enemy below them).

I also ordered Mega Man 3 for about $20. Already have 2. That'll complete the NES trilogy as far as I'm concerned. Someday I may try to get 4-6, but they are definitely lower priority than some 100 other games for me.

One other recent arrival - Final Fantasy for the NES. There's a save on there. I bet people here can guess one of the party character's names with three guesses. :lol:
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

Spotted Metro Last Light Ltd Edition for 360 in Asda for £6.00, had to pick it up.

OutRun 3D - 3DS