Post everytime that you buy a new game...

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Post everytime that you buy a new game...

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Fucking Steam sale.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

It's been a while since I posted anything I've bought.

The Unfinished Swan PS4
I was always intrigued by this but never picked it up for one reason or another, glad I finally did, it's great.

Retro City Rampage PS4
I picked up the physical copy of this because it was only $25 and limited to 2000 copies, so it's one of the rarest PS4 games out there. It's pretty fun.

Peggle 2 PS4
It's Peggle and it's only £3.50 on sale. Nice.

Bayonetta 1/2 Wii U
I bought it based on the good reviews, haven't really spent any time with it though. Slightly embarrassed to play it around my wife if I'm perfectly honest. The orgasmic noises she makes as her clothes fall off are a bit much really. The game I mean.

The Evil Within PS4
Got this as a Christmas gift, only about 2 hours into this but liking it so far, it's clearly got a Resident Evil 4 vibe about it, but seems a lot less forgiving.

GTA 5 PS4
Another Christmas gift, not started it yet.

Retron 5
Ignoring the fact that it's over a year late in the UK and there's some shadiness of it using Retroarch without the proper license, I'm happy with it. It looks great on my TV, I like being able to use original controllers, I like that I use my real cartridges (with their original saves on them) and I like that I only have to have this hooked up to play multiple consoles. The UI is polished and it generally does what it should. The included wireless controller is a bit cheap-feeling but not too offensive. I've also seen that people are already looking into hacking it to play ROMS from an SD card (and emulating the other consoles Retroarch can) which would make this even more killer. I'm impressed with it.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

not just souLLy now wrote: Retro City Rampage PS4
I picked up the physical copy of this because it was only $25 and limited to 2000 copies, so it's one of the rarest PS4 games out there. It's pretty fun.
:o I didn't know they did a physical release of that. Is it PS4 only? It's a shame the original build never actually made it onto an NES cartridge....
Bayonetta 1/2 Wii U
I bought it based on the good reviews, haven't really spent any time with it though. Slightly embarrassed to play it around my wife if I'm perfectly honest. The orgasmic noises she makes as her clothes fall off are a bit much really. The game I mean.
Funny--we got this for Christmas, but it was actually my wife who requested it. The game is deliberately, gloriously over the top. It feels about like what you'd get if Robert Rodriguez directed Underworld.
Retron 5
Ignoring the fact that it's over a year late in the UK and there's some shadiness of it using Retroarch without the proper license, I'm happy with it. It looks great on my TV, I like being able to use original controllers, I like that I use my real cartridges (with their original saves on them) and I like that I only have to have this hooked up to play multiple consoles. The UI is polished and it generally does what it should. The included wireless controller is a bit cheap-feeling but not too offensive. I've also seen that people are already looking into hacking it to play ROMS from an SD card (and emulating the other consoles Retroarch can) which would make this even more killer. I'm impressed with it.
I was initially very excited about this, but (production delays and PR issues aside) I've heard very bad things about the build quality of the cartridge slots--lots of people reporting dead connectors after a few weeks of use. And after the license debacle, I'm even more concerned about whether there will be any long-term support. Any word? One feature I'd definitely love to see added: .ips patch support.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

I can't stand Bayonetta. The gameplay seems fine, but the whole tone of it just does nothing for me. I get that it's deliberately over the top, but it just comes across as really cringey to me rather than genuinely amusing. Shame.

What did I get for Christmas? Not a lot gamewise. I still don't own any of the new consoles and I'm really not sure when I'll pick one up. I have a huge backlog and have decided I need to chip away at that somewhat before making another big console purchase, plus I'm happy playing through indie stuff and Final Fantasy XIV on PC.

I did get a small TV for myself to help out. With a wife and kid fighting over the main TV, or just generally doing stuff in the living room I decided to just stick all my consoles on my desk and spend less time pissing about on the internet.
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

DaMadFiddler wrote:
not just souLLy now wrote: Retro City Rampage PS4
:o I didn't know they did a physical release of that. Is it PS4 only? It's a shame the original build never actually made it onto an NES cartridge....
I think it's only ever had this release, pics here.
DaMadFiddler wrote:
not just souLLy now wrote:Retron 5
I was initially very excited about this, but (production delays and PR issues aside) I've heard very bad things about the build quality of the cartridge slots--lots of people reporting dead connectors after a few weeks of use. And after the license debacle, I'm even more concerned about whether there will be any long-term support. Any word? One feature I'd definitely love to see added: .ips patch support.
Can't say much about the build quality as I've only had it a few days, but in their manual they say to lift the cartridge from one side first rather than brute rip it out- I'm the only person using it so I can be careful.
I know what you mean about long-term support, I was more concerned before I had it in my hands though. It already seems really fully-featured, so going forward I'm imagining minor, mostly compatibility updates- I'm also glad people are hacking in support for new features, this may extend it's life even further if official support ever stops.
I *think* IPS support is already in there, in fact that's one way people are hacking in rom support already, creating IPS patches that completely alter the cart you have to another rom entirely. Although more convenient methods are coming.
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

Paper Mario (N64)
Grand Knights History (PSP import)
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

Smash Bros - Wii U
Afterburner II 3D - 3DS
Metroid Prime Trilogy - Wii U eShop £8.99
Bioshock Infinite - 360 (It was £3.00 in the Xbox new year sale)

Akumajo Dracula (Castlevania) - Famicom £2.00

SWOS - GOG

Amiibos:

Yoshi
DK
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Marth.
Last edited by Matisfaction on Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Matisfaction wrote:Afterburner II 3D - 3DS
That looks like it has an absolutely insane feature set. Tilting screen? Environmental sounds (button clicks, etc.) recorded from the actual arcade cabinet? New game modes? I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I actually cared at all about Afterburner.

I've been very impressed with the SEGA 3D classics I have bought--Sonic, Shinobi, and Streets of Rage. Sonic honestly rivals Taxman's iOS remake as the definitive version of the game; I still can't decide which is better. And it can't have been an easy task to make SoR's fakey isometric art work in real 3D, but the game actually feels and plays much better in 3D; you have a better sense of where your character is lined up.

Here's a fun series of articles about the insane contortions the development team went through for the 3DS ports:

http://blogs.sega.com/2015/01/23/sega-3 ... nterviews/

In order to implement the new features, they basically created a new virtual revision of the MD/Genesis, which handles 3D positioning natively and is referred to internally as the "GigaDrive." It only gets nuttier from there.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

It's pretty spectacular, especially if you remember the Arcade. I'm looking forward to OutRun as well.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

Bought a nvidia shield.

Another xbox 360 to replace the 4gb one that I traded in several months ago. This time the 500 gb one.

Also bought shadows of the damned and batman arkham asylum.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

amiibo - Toon Link
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

I find that about 90 percent of the amiibos are hard to find. I hate scalpers. You know they are the ones buying five or six if them and then selling them on ebay for an inflated price. But then again nintendo is to blame for not realizing the demand of these things.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

I also meant to buy metroid prime trilogy for wii u while it's on sale since I loved the ones for gamecube.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

Edited cause of a double post. Let me also take this time to sat that I hate how modern games are mostly cinematic.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

SEGA 3D Classics - Shinobi III
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

If you don't already have it, you should really get 3D Streets of Rage. The 3D makes a more significant difference in that than in any of the rest of the 3D Classics series, IMO.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

Cool I'll check it out, I was kind of disappointed that SEGA didn't release SOR 2 instead, the 3D classics range is pretty awesome though. I wasn't hot on the first couple of releases but the last few releases have been awesome. I also like how SEGA added the "spin dash" in Sonic 1.
Smiley wrote:I also meant to buy metroid prime trilogy for wii u while it's on sale since I loved the ones for gamecube.
Best £8.99 I've ever spent.

Link's Awakening DX - Club Nintendo Reward (200 coins)
RECCA: Summer Carnival '92 - Famicom (£5.00)
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles (PSP)
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions (PSP)
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Got a New 3DS XL today, as much as I dislike the form factor of the XL Nintendo systems.

Now I have the problem of I can't transfer my Nintendo Network ID from my old one without updating the old 3DS I have (which I don't want to do due to Ninjhax).
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

It still bugs the hell out of me that Nintendo handles its accounts and content management by system, rather than through centralized, portable accounts.

How hard is it to let your customers use one account across all their systems? Sony's been doing it since the PSP, Microsoft's been doing it since the Xbox, and PCs have been doing it basically forever.

This is especially clear with something like the New 3DS, which is specifically being marketed as an upgrade for current 3DS owners. Oh, you're not going to throw in a power cord, because I already have a 3DS and don't need it? But I also can't keep my stuff on both systems that clearly assume I'll continue owning?

It's even more bothersome with something like Smash 3DS. My wife and I both have 3DSes, but the game (which--let's be honest--is really ONLY for multiplayer) requires each system to have a local copy for multiplayer. If this were a Sony game, we could just buy the download with one of our accounts and make sure both systems were authorized for that account. But since it's Nintendo, we need to buy the game twice in order to actually use it.

What a load of crap.

I wish I could quit Nintendo, but they still make the best games :lol: