PSO Weapon and Armor Database (currently v2)

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

AmonX
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: PSO Weapon and Armor Database (currently v2)

Post by AmonX »

Also Lee not sure this would be any use to you but if you are interested in looking at the code https://sourceforge.net/projects/psodatabase/ it is ugly and needs cleaning up but feel free to check it out :D.... everything is in the file Form1.cs the mag stuff is in Class1.cs I had planned on doing more with the mags. I was going to add the ability to min max mag stats by calculating what best to feed a mag however mags are pretty straight forward in v2. There is no help or about box so I am saying my thanks to you here as well as in the first post and in one of my next commits I will add your name :) as well as the others in this thread that have helped me out.

I should really change a bunch of those if statements to a switch :P
Last edited by AmonX on Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Interesting... Lee, I'd like to thank you for posting the PMT editor in the thread. Not sure that I'll ever need to edit a PMT file for any good reason, but it's certainly nice to have additional tools in the toolbox. :grin:
AmonX
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by AmonX »

New version up :D
Lee
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Lee »

BlueCrab wrote:Interesting... Lee, I'd like to thank you for posting the PMT editor in the thread. Not sure that I'll ever need to edit a PMT file for any good reason, but it's certainly nice to have additional tools in the toolbox. :grin:
well if more people actually show an interest in it I'd probably fix it up a bit more, I still hate the sfx values, I really have to figure out what pso v2 is doing with them like really sega 0f000100 = 0 in the gc and bb versions ugh.

Ives you're not reading what I telll you, yes the id add button has it's code disabled with good reason, when you add an id the count has to be changed in the exe, example on schtserv for blueburst I would add all items after 993, which is where mag id's start, reason for this is mags don't have descriptions so in order to move as few ids as possible I would add an id there then patch the mag and description cut off pointers in the exe, look I can enable it, I can even enable the exe patch code and I probably know where the pointer is already but 2 words. pso dc, I'm not sure if I can find the id pointer counts in the console version.

I will see if I get time to enable the unitext edit and display code as well as find some way that doesn't suck to display the sfx, I'm prob just going to split it to 2 words so the example above becomes 1 / 15 in 2 edit boxes and I'll fix the shield sfx ui while I am at it, if I get the drop down boxes for data validation on certain things like specials in it will look a lot more like the more finished bb code

oh and I'll fix the file filter to say .prs

adding hex groups is prob not the best idea, it requires a lot of exe alteration to work, not saying it's impossible, I already did what people said was impossible.

I do have steam, but it's really not nessary to give me anything, a lot of things I did where to learn myself.
AmonX
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by AmonX »

Lee wrote:well if more people actually show an interest in it I'd probably fix it up a bit more, I still hate the sfx values, I really have to figure out what pso v2 is doing with them like really sega 0f000100 = 0 in the gc and bb versions ugh.
I wouldn't mind taking a like at the source but failing that count me in as an interested party :D
Lee wrote:I do have steam, but it's really not nessary to give me anything, a lot of things I did where to learn myself.
I am sure the community thanks you for this :)
Lee
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Lee »

I've just been looking briefly at the nte pmt, it has even less data for entries then the standard ones hence why my pmt program cannot open it without modification to the data arrays, example, seems barrier has no elemental defense data:

v1:
01010000020019000006FF0000140F140000050500000000 // this is barrier or something i think
nte:
FD000000050019000006FF000000000000000000

There's no real point supporting this, i barely support v1 although all v1 needs is a data length adjustment to the mag data which i prob should just add an auto detect for.
Lee
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Lee »

I've re-diverged my pmt editor code based on my latest psobb version, I've nearly got it ready for testing anyway:

tbh there's nothing really exciting other then some gui elements, unitext description stuff etc, better ui;s that should actually work for the sfx etc. If this is done it shouldn't really need updating again since i doubt anyone really wants to add new items to v2 given the limitations, well unless there are some feature requests or something anyway.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

I actually did have an idea for adding some weapons that would work pretty well within the game's limits, since we can't import models from BB or create entirely new items.

I wanted to add extra weapons to the existing Ver.1 classes, (e.g. another Saber after Durandal, another Handgun after Bravace, etc.) and then let the player select which special to give them, which would essentially be a Ver.2 implementation of the S-Rank system in GC. Since Ver.2 already has several unused Photon slots, I could use one slot to add the white "TYPE" Photon from BB to make them look different, even though they would be using the existing weapon models and textures. No new IDs would be necessary, and no new models or textures would be necessary either, but the ability to attach your own specials to each weapon (via a quest item exchange) would still make the system useful.

In order for this to work, though, there are a few problems, and it looks like you've already started working on one of them: I need a way to add new unitxt entries to name and describe the new items, as well as to give them star values and such. The other problem is with special reductions, as I need a way to disable reduction on the new weapons. GC players often say that reduction is not applied to weapons with > 9 stars, but that's actually not the case, at least in Ver.2. If you increase the star count for basic weapons, they still suffer reduction, so it's more likely that the check is based on ID, with all items after 000C00 (Wands) not getting reduced.

I could implement the new items without disabling reduction, but some of them would be really useless that way, e.g. most specials aren't worth using on Slicers, Mechguns, and Shots when they're reduced. That's not exactly related to the tool though, since I'm sure reduction is handled in pso.exe.

This wouldn't cause compatibility problems, either, as Ver.2 is already designed to treat unknown items the way Ver.1 does (by showing the base item for the animation type that your new weapon uses), e.g. if you use a new Saber, regular Ver.2 users and Ver.1 users will just see a Saber.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
Lee
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Lee »

Oh look what this does with my implemented bb code

Gimme the specific psopc exe you want me to auto patch and i'll see if i can get the exe patch section running.
Treamcaster
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Treamcaster »

This is getting interestinng...
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

:mrgreen:

This pso.exe is "standard" now since it includes the patch to fix the map 6 variants in Ultimate (not that that should influence the sections dedicated to the item counts).
"Fear the HUnewearl."
Lee
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Lee »

My first little test anyway, inserted an id just before the mags, mag names are all correct so that's a good sign
Ignore the weapon being unequipable etc for now, i set no stats, this was a name and description test.
Lee
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Lee »

the more cynical people around here will assume i have just edited the unitext and replaced an item to make fun of ives, I assure you this item occupies item hex code slot 000108 and uses an orange photon colour i added for lolz, no offense intended by the name, ives is a bit of a little dictator so lol :P

oh look another double saber:

Who's up to do some testing?
Treamcaster
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Treamcaster »

HOLY SH*T, this is truly amazing work!! I wanna test this please. So this means it's possible to make equippable matrix/ aqua weaps with sound, and basically any photon colour, black for instance? Is it possible to add GC/ BB weapon textures and possibly new mags?
Lee
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Lee »

No it's not lol, i've been able to do this for years, the only difference is i have updated my gui so much so that a trained chimp could prob click buttons and add item slots.

In psobb new models / textures are easy to do, in psopc not so much, the id's used for models / textures aren't in the pmt, I honestly don't know 100% for sure where they are, i could prob find out. Also no one is going to probably convert psogc and psox/bb gj / xj model formats.

Just thought i'd point out that photon is a simulation of light so black would be the absence of all 3 colour channels and would appear as nothing. but any other rgb colour can be done.

to sum it up it adds item slots, but it's limited, I've also disabled the ability to add mags because it would require more exe patching then i would like to do, i think i have spent enough time for now on this considering how limited the usage is, I'm sure people can still do some stuff with it each new weapon can have unique stats name and description etc. Anyway give me a while i''ll compile a new pmt builder for testing.

Ok i probably don't have to say this, but backup your pso.exe, unitext_e.prs and itempmt.prs (you'll need to replace these files to add or edit items):
https://www.mediafire.com/?xt883oqvm8b61g1
adding new items slots is on the right click in a popup menu.
Last edited by Lee on Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Treamcaster
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Treamcaster »

That's more than fine. Ok, still regarding the matrix weapons, since they have their own unique "texture", I suppose (no rgb colour), is it still possible to add them and make them equippable?
Lee
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Lee »

the matrix item isn't actually item, but a fail safe for pso. Let me explain, when a hex code does not exist, pso has a fail safe hex code that it redirects to as a way to stop the game crashing for all these items, so no i'm afraid not. without knowing where the texture id list is stored for pso items, you can't redirect it for an item, i actually think sega hardcoded each hex on psopc
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

Epic! 8-)

I thought of one more thing that I'm not sure you implemented for BB: do you have a way to patch ItemKT.afs counts in pso.exe so we can add new tekking pictures? I'm guessing if you created one of these new items as a ?SPECIAL WEAPON and then tried to tek it, the picture would show up as that blank "matrix" pattern for weapons that don't have an image. Does adding new weapons like this mean that tekker pictures for the old items will be wrong now (much as Mag names are wrong until you patch pso.exe to accept the new weapons)?
"Fear the HUnewearl."
Lee
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Lee »

Aleron Ives wrote:Epic! 8-)

I thought of one more thing that I'm not sure you implemented for BB: do you have a way to patch ItemKT.afs counts in pso.exe so we can add new tekking pictures? I'm guessing if you created one of these new items as a ?SPECIAL WEAPON and then tried to tek it, the picture would show up as that blank "matrix" pattern for weapons that don't have an image. Does adding new weapons like this mean that tekker pictures for the old items will be wrong now (much as Mag names are wrong until you patch pso.exe to accept the new weapons)?
Afs files had locked sizes on bb that where hard coded in the exe, it was disgusting badly programed, i'd imagine since bb had it then psopc probably almost certainly does, easy way to test it is to add an entry to the afs file and watch pso crash. As for any other effects on the itemkt i really don't know for sure, go test things, I have done enough myself for now, find me something to fix instead. I swear if you point out the about button does not work, I will kick a puppy.

From the decompile of the exe:

if a2 < 0 || a2 >= 277

the count of the itemkt happens to be 277,

there's only 2 277 meaningful counts in the entire exe

and one function with the text

Code: Select all

signed int __cdecl sub_4EFCC0()
{
  signed int result; // eax@1
  signed int i; // esi@2

dword_6F72E8 = sub_50F450();
  dword_6F72EC = sub_50F450();
  strncpy((char *)dword_6F72EC, "ItemKT.afs", 0x1Cu);
  result = sub_62A6E0(184, (int)"ItemKT.afs", 0, dword_6F72E8);
  if ( !result )
  {
    for ( i = 0; ; ++i )
    {
      while ( 1 )
      {
        result = sub_62A710();
        if ( result != 2 )
          break;
        sub_4CCA80();
      }
      if ( result == 3 || i >= 3 )
        break;
      sub_62A6E0(184, (int)"ItemKT.afs", 0, dword_6F72E8);
    }
  }
  return result;
}
// 4CCA80: using guessed type int sub_4CCA80(void);
// 6F72E8: using guessed type int dword_6F72E8;
// 6F72EC: using guessed type int dword_6F72EC;

Might be possible to fix, if it's a problem.
Treamcaster
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Treamcaster »

When I try to save as:
"Access violation at address 0068A07D in module 'V2ItemPmt.exe'. Read of adress 00000000."

I also got this other error where the weapon I created gets renamed to "Protist" and when I click it:
"List index out of bounds (533)"

Got it to work, hell yeah:

Edit: I still get error when I try to save. New weapon doesn't come with the stars or stats I've defined.
Last edited by Treamcaster on Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.