PSO Weapon and Armor Database (currently v2)

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Re: PSO Weapon and Armor Database (currently v2)

Post by Aleron Ives »

Ver.1 rares display in yellow, not gold; "gold" is usually reserved as the name for the flashing Ver.2 items (which as you say is probably best represented by some shade of orange).
"Fear the HUnewearl."
AmonX
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
Been thanked: 0

Post by AmonX »

Blue was easier on the eyes but sranks are now light red also known as pink. As I mentioned I had to do all the mag info by hand so if you want to list all semi-rare, rare mags and v2 mags for me :) I will set their colours to whatever you wish. I have included the list of mags below
Spoiler!

Code: Select all

Item_Mag, "Mag"
Item_Varuna, "Varuna"
Item_Mitra, "Mitra"
Item_Surya, "Surya"
Item_Vayu, "Vayu"
Item_Varaha, "Varaha"
Item_Kama, "Kama"
Item_Ushasu, "Ushasu"
Item_Apsaras, "Apsaras"
Item_Kumara, "Kumara"
Item_Kaitabha, "Kaitabha"
Item_Tapas, "Tapas"
Item_Bhirava, "Bhirava"
Item_Kalki, "Kalki"
Item_Rudra, "Rudra"
Item_Marutah, "Marutah"
Item_Yaksa, "Yaksa"
Item_Sita, "Sita"
Item_Garuda, "Garuda"
Item_Nandin, "Nandin"
Item_Ashvinau, "Ashvinau"
Item_Ribhava, "Ribhava"
Item_Soma, "Soma"
Item_Ila, "Ila"
Item_Durga, "Durga"
Item_Vritra, "Vritra"
Item_Namuci, "Namuci"
Item_Sumba, "Sumba"
Item_Naga, "Naga"
Item_Pitri, "Pitri"
Item_Kabanda, "Kabanda"
Item_Ravana, "Ravana"
Item_Marica, "Marica"
Item_Soniti, "Soniti"
Item_Preta, "Preta"
Item_Andhaka, "Andhaka"
Item_Bana, "Bana"
Item_Naraka, "Naraka"
Item_Madhu, "Madhu"
Item_Churel, "Churel"
Item_ROBOCHAO, "ROBOCHAO"
Item_OPA_OPA, "OPA-OPA"
Item_PIAN, "PIAN"
Item_CHAO, "CHAO"
Item_CHU_CHU, "CHU CHU"
Item_KAPU_KAPU, "KAPU KAPU"
Item_ANGELS_WING, "ANGEL'S WING"
Item_DEVILS_WING, "DEVIL'S WING"
Item_ELENOR, "ELENOR"
Item_MARK3, "MARK3"
Item_MASTER_SYSTEM, "MASTER SYSTEM"
Item_GENESIS, "GENESIS"
Item_SEGA_SATURN, "SEGA SATURN"
Item_DREAMCAST, "DREAMCAST"
Item_HAMBURGER, "HAMBURGER"
Item_PANZERS_TAIL, "PANZER'S TAIL"
Item_DAVILS_TAIL, "DAVIL'S TAIL"
Treamcaster
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Treamcaster »

Aleron Ives wrote:Ver.1 rares display in yellow, not gold; "gold" is usually reserved as the name for the flashing Ver.2 items (which as you say is probably best represented by some shade of orange).
Yes.
Treamcaster
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Treamcaster »

Green: Soniti; Churel; Preta; Pitri
Yellow: Pian; Opa Opa; Chao; Robo Chao
Orange: Chu Chu; Kapu Kapu; Angel Wings; Devil Wings; Mark 3; Master System; Megadrive; Saturn; Dreamcast; Hamburger; Panzer Tail; Devil Tail; Elenor

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

If you're correcting names, it should be Panther Tail and Devil Tail (unless you want 's for those and the Wings). If you want Sega's spelling, it should be Panzer and Davil. The yellow Mags should also be in capital letters, along with the orange ones.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
AmonX
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by AmonX »

At the moment I am keeping all the spellings as they are. Updated the program. Added units (uncolored). Gave the mags the requested colors but left in the type column so you can sort by evolution. I am still having no luck grabbing the mag data from the pmt file but ives has sent me everything so I will have to type that all up :P
AmonX
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by AmonX »

AmonX wrote:Added units (uncolored).
I lied. Anything with a star value of 9 or more is now yellow.
68kdude
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by 68kdude »

:cry: I want a fancy new Mag. Well, it looks like its a Mag huntin time.

I really like this Item App. Many thanks indeed for all of your efforts.
PSO Character:

Electron - lvl 172 RAcaseal - GC# 13874
Kasworon - lvl 144 HUmar - GC# 13874
Yucchan - lvl 130 FOnewearl - GC# 13874
AmonX
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by AmonX »

68kdude wrote::cry: I want a fancy new Mag. Well, it looks like its a Mag huntin time.

I really like this Item App. Many thanks indeed for all of your efforts.
I am just getting started :). If you have any suggestions let me know but for now it is time to work on unannounced feature number 1 ;)
AmonX
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by AmonX »

Well I am working away on the app I thought I would give a quick update. Thanks to Bluecrabs and Ives I now have the actual mag data from the PMT. I have the rare drop data and I am adding that as well. The mag timer in the uploaded version is broken. I have fixed it.

Note I have not uploaded anything yet.
AmonX
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by AmonX »

Okay I have uploaded a new version. I am still working on the sorting but take a look. I have a master list of drops and then drops separated by id. The drop rates are based on a rare drop dropping and not overall drop rate.

I would like to thank Bluecrabs, Ives and Saffo for all the information and help they have provided me I am sure they are sick of me asking questions :P but thank you!
AmonX
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by AmonX »

To clean up the thread a bit I will update the first page with changes and just post a reply mentioning a when a new version is posted. I should have been doing that from the start.
AmonX
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by AmonX »

updated with new drop info
AmonX
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by AmonX »

bug fix version up :)
Lee
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Lee »

why are you using text file dumps to display the weapon data or any item stat data for that matter, when the itempmt.prs file contains it all and is fairly easy to read?

Just in case anyone thinks i'm blowing hot air;

obviously my program was not designed to display information, but to actually be able to alter it. Dunno anyway maybe i am making it overly complex, later versions of my program use the unitext itself for item text the pmt for stats the magedit file for additional mag data about movement stuff etc all of which is irreverent to just showing pretty numbers to people I guess.

I get the feeling looking at some of the names of the columns in your program that the information came from my program, from ives who has a copy of it lol...
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

He's using a modified version of the code in Sylverant to parse the ItemPMT.prs and other files to make those text files. I had asked him why he'd do such a thing myself, and I believe it is basically for simplicity's sake. Beyond that, I can't really comment on it.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

You never released your program publicly or gave me permission to redistribute it, so I figured pasting the output would be the best solution that would meet with your approval when he asked for information to build his tool.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
AmonX
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by AmonX »

Lee wrote:why are you using text file dumps to display the weapon data or any item stat data for that matter, when the itempmt.prs file contains it all and is fairly easy to read?

obviously my program was not designed to display information, but to actually be able to alter it. Dunno anyway maybe i am making it overly complex, later versions of my program use the unitext itself for item text the pmt for stats the magedit file for additional mag data about movement stuff etc all of which is irreverent to just showing pretty numbers to people I guess.

I get the feeling looking at some of the names of the columns in your program that the information came from my program, from ives who has a copy of it lol...
New version isn't using text file dumps anymore and as BlueCrabs said I was using his server code to read the itempmt.prs as well as the itemRT.afs and itemPT.afs I also used Sylverant code as the basis for Column names.

Ives did provide screens of the mag data as well as mag feed tables using one of your editors. As I mentioned to him the Synch and IQ is reversed in the feed tables (at least in the version he has).

Now you are wondering why I made a program that displays everything your editors does? Newest version does more :) Click on a weapon and it shows how to obtain said item, or the mag feed table of that mag. Includes Sranks, quest items, mag cells, enemy parts etc etc etc

Also my long term goal with the program is to be able to open up the files directly. As well as adding support for Ep 1,2, and BB files. I was also planning on opening up the code and making it open source. Possibly even converting it to a asp.net website (or qt program) Or if you want to share code I could even merge your editors into a single program that can view and edit ItemRT.afs ItemPMT.prs and even the Enemy data. Let me know if that is up for discussion.

I did try using your editor "BBPMT Editor 100a" and 0.3? to verify I was getting the correct data but they weren't playing nice with the v2 files :)

One last note: This all started when I tried searching pso-world for a better item for my racaseal and after a few minutes of trying I said "F This" and started work on a viewer. That and I know the information on pso-world tends not to be correct for v2 so I wanted something that was correct :) I also did not know that your editor existed other than Ives had some magical way to edit the files. It wasn't until I was adding the mag data that I learned you had an editor. Google searches weren't turning up any v2 related and Ives did provide me with Mag Data.

Initially I had used Mag Data from pso-world and then verified that with the data Ives sent me. I spent one afternoon typing out all the mag feed tables as I couldn't find a nice OCR program to convert the images to text. Eventually BlueCrabs found the correct pointers to the Mag data and I used that information instead. I just added the feed data in the latest version hence why you now get a special thanks Lee :D
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

AmonX wrote:Eventually BlueCrabs found the correct pointers to the Mag data and I used that information instead.
Re-found would be a better term for it, since I was too lazy to search through all my backups for where I had documented it before. :wink:
AmonX
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by AmonX »

A small fix uploaded (fixed three items and added more information about another)