PSO Weapon and Armor Database (currently v2)

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

AmonX
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

PSO Weapon and Armor Database (currently v2)

Post by AmonX »

I wrote a quick program that displays PSO V2 Weapons and Armor. You can filter by class as well as by max atp of a selected weapon (with or without max grinds).
Download the file from here http://sourceforge.net/projects/psodata ... p/download Let me know if you have problems with sourceforge and I can go back to updating onedrive
Note it requires .NET 4.0 framework.

At the moment it displays the stats from original v2 game. In the future you will be able to load your own files. Let me know if you have any suggestions or issues.
Special thanks to:
BlueCrabs for Sylverant which allows me to read the item files as well as the server in general and answering all my questions about it :P
Aleron Ives for Providing me with screen shots from Lee's V2 PMT viewer as well as answering my questions about PSO v2
Lee for his PMT Viewer and all he has done for v2 and pso in general
Saffo for answering my questions about PSO v2, providing information about quest items, and verifying information
Sodaboy for his convert_unitxt program included in his tethealla source

0.25 eleriaqueen update :D
Adds colour and font style to the additional information panel see viewtopic.php?f=75&t=103385&start=120#p1046381 for example

Previous Change Logs Expand the spoiler tag below to see how I obtained the descriptions from the unitxt_e.prs
Spoiler!
0.24 Bug fixes
Rare Drops by ID -> Sorting by Actual drop percentage no longer causes an error and actually sorts correctly now
Rare Drops by ID -> Sorting by drop rate now correctly sorts
Rare Drops by ID -> Sorting by box location now correctly sorts

0.23 Added item descriptions
I modified convert_unitxt.c to exclude #ENTRY in the output .txt file. I then copied the item descriptions I needed to excel in one column and matched them up with the item names in another column and some code in another column. Saved as a CSV file. Copied the CSV contents to word and did some find and replaces :P
0.22 A few optimizations and messed around with the v1 toggle
0.21 Added a search feature (currently only searches names doesn't search drops[just click on the item instead to get drop info])
Added a V1 mode (all V2 items are hidden and the drop data is updated to match v1 [note this may not be correct yet])

Added a button that toggles between v1 and v2 (It is my understanding that the v1 items in v2 are the same as v1 all v2 items are hidden and the drop data is changed to match v1)

0.20.1 Added Yellow and White Ring information, as well as moved over to sourceforge (thought I should have used github instead)
0.20 Major update
Fixed Light Resist Column name EDT to ELT
Fixed Armor and Shield Level Requirements by added 1 to all (stored as zero-based while in game is one-based) ie lvl 0 req in game is character lvl 1

Persisting Settings
-Window Location
-Window Size
-Column Sizes note all the columns in the drops by id share the respective column sizes in the rare drop master list

Sort changes
Rare drops master list Sorting by monster number will sort first by monster number then difficulty then id

Removed armor.txt and weapons.txt all values in program now

Added "Additional Information" textbox which displays which classes can equip the selected item, information about obtaining the item, mag feed tables etc etc etc

0.11 Change log
Master drop list now displays id names
Fixed bug FOmarl was incorrectly listed as an android (thanks to saffo for pointing this out) 0.10 Change Log
Fixed a bug preventing J-Cutter and Smoking Plate from being filtered correctly
Renamed Drop Rate to ItemRT rate and added Actual Drop Percentage and Actual Drop Rate.
-Drop percentage is the ItemRT rate times the enemy drop anything rate
-Actual drop rate is the multiplicative inverse/reciprocal (rounded to the nearest integer) of the drop percentage as a decimal ie 25% -> 0.25 becomes 4

0.09 Change Log
Mag data from PMT (thank you Bluecrabs and Ives)
Added Rare Drop Data (a master list and separated by ID) - Let me know if any of the location/monsters are wrong
Fixed Mag timer reset button
Fixed Mag timer feed time

Units added
Mags recolored as requested
S-rank weapons recolored as requested

0.06 & 0.07
Mags Coloured
S-rank weapons coloured differently

0.05 Change log
Uploaded a new version with some mag info...
Missing mags

0.03 & 0.04 Change log
Fixed error message on start
Move shields into their own tab
Also fixed the sorting on the shield tab

0.02 Change log
Added missing J-cutter and White Ring
Renamed tabPage1 and tabPage2 to Weapon and Armor respectively
Added Star values
Added Colour v1 rares are yellow v2 rares are orange/red
Added item index value - I was going to hide this but you can use it to sort shields and armor
Changed Stat values to Show what they actually add (thanks to Saffo for the information)
Bugs added:
Spits out an error when starting but works fine if you hit continue will deal with that now
First release

0.01 Change log
First release
Last edited by AmonX on Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:54 am, edited 13 times in total.
Treamcaster
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Re: PSO Weapon and Armor Database (currently v2)

Post by Treamcaster »

This is pretty sweet, really.

Suggestions:
-"tabPage1" and "tabPage2" should be renamed to "Weapons" and "Armors" respectively;
-You could add an option to choose between v1 and v2/PC items;
-Would be very interesting to add drop rate and location of said items.
AmonX
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by AmonX »

I just updated it.
Change log:
Added missing J-cutter and White Ring
Renamed tabPage1 and tabPage2 to Weapon and Armor respectively
Added Star values
Added Colour v1 rares are yellow v2 rares are orange/red
Added item index value - I was going to hide this but you can use it to sort shields and armor
Changed Stat values to Show what they actually add (thanks to Saffo for the information)
Bugs added:
Spits out an error when starting but works fine if you hit continue will deal with that now
Last edited by AmonX on Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

AmonX wrote:Bugs added:
:lol:

Seriously though, glad to see you've gotten something working on this subject. :)
AmonX
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by AmonX »

New Version!
Change log:
Fixed error message on start
Move shields into their own tab
Also fixed the sorting on the shield tab (this was fixed during the writing of this post)
Treamcaster
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Treamcaster »

"STIRKER OF CHAO" - typo

Nice updates dude, also the color scheme was well thought.
AmonX
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by AmonX »

The class filters are a bit off.... according to this I shouldn't be able to wear my equipped Divinity Armor :P
68kdude
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by 68kdude »

... but I saw you in your Divinity Armour. ;)
PSO Character:

Electron - lvl 172 RAcaseal - GC# 13874
Kasworon - lvl 144 HUmar - GC# 13874
Yucchan - lvl 130 FOnewearl - GC# 13874
AmonX
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by AmonX »

so my enum flag wasn't set properly so that messed up all the filtering. I am also cleaning up my code. I reduced the filtering function from over 1000 lines down to 158 (it was a lot of copy pasta with a small change and rewrote it to include less copy pasta). I will upload it in a bit after I clean more of it up.
AmonX
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by AmonX »

Okay uploaded the fixed version. Filtering should be correct now :) let me know if something is still amiss :) and I totally forgot about the spelling mistake. If you open weapons.txt you can fix it there :) the item names are from the sylverant source code and the data is from the itempmt i had on file. Bluecrabs the spelling mistake is in items.c :D
AmonX
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by AmonX »

So saffo informed me that there are a few more spelling mistakes such as berla cannon and hanter shell
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

I spelled things exactly as they were in the game (unless I made additional typos). I think both of those are directly out of the game. :wink:
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

Berla Cannon, Hanter's Shell, Game Magazne, and other typos exist in the game. Word Select has even more of them. :lol:
"Fear the HUnewearl."
Treamcaster
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Treamcaster »

Are you adding mags/units/items?
AmonX
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by AmonX »

Treamcaster wrote:Are you adding mags/units/items?
awww you ruined the surprise :P mag feeding is on a 3 minute timer right?
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

Everybody says 3 - 5 minutes, but I have no idea if there is any variation between feeding sessions. You'd have to sit there with a stopwatch several times to be sure.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
AmonX
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by AmonX »

Uploaded a new version with some mag info... not what I was planning exactly but yeah.
Mouse over the blast for a description lol.
Oops mags are missing... time to go find them :D
Treamcaster
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Treamcaster »

AmonX wrote:Uploaded a new version with some mag info... not what I was planning exactly but yeah.
Mouse over the blast for a description lol.
Oops mags are missing... time to go find them :D
Woot, the app is shaping up nicely!! Mag section is more useful then I thought, well done, keep it up dude. Don't forget to give colors (green/gold/orange) to mags as you did for the other sections. Talking about colors, you could distinguish s-rank weapon colors from regular v2 (red/orange)?
AmonX
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by AmonX »

Treamcaster wrote:Don't forget to give colors (green/gold/orange) to mags as you did for the other sections. Talking about colors, you could distinguish s-rank weapon colors from regular v2 (red/orange)?
New version up... is this what you had in mind? Mag very light yellow, first evolve light yellow, second evolve lightish yellow, third evolve yellowish and mag cell mags blue.
S-rank weapons are blue as well.
Can someone confirm the data? I wasn't able to get the mag data from the PMT file so I had to use various guides for the information.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the mag timer tries to play both the Windows Asterisk and the Exclamation system sounds. I will add a way to define what sound is played later.
Treamcaster
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Treamcaster »

AmonX wrote:
Treamcaster wrote:Don't forget to give colors (green/gold/orange) to mags as you did for the other sections. Talking about colors, you could distinguish s-rank weapon colors from regular v2 (red/orange)?
New version up... is this what you had in mind? Mag very light yellow, first evolve light yellow, second evolve lightish yellow, third evolve yellowish and mag cell mags blue.
S-rank weapons are blue as well.
Not what I had in mind. Let me explain:
Color scheme just like in-game.
Normal weapons: white; rare weapons: gold; v2 weapons: orange; s-rank weapons: red.
For the mags: Normal mags despite being evolved or not: white; "semi-rare" mags like soniti/ churrel: green; rare mags: gold; v2 mags: orange.