Which version of Under Defeat to buy?

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Which version of Under Defeat to buy?

Post by cube_b3 »

PS3 VS DC?

I personally don't care as long as I can get it for the right price. I am not going to pay over 30$ for this game shipped. I will try for a month to win an auction for my price. I accidentally missed the chance to win the last auction because I was at work when it ended. It ended at a mighty fine price of 26$ for a mint copy.

I am currently searching for another one.

If it doesn't work out i'll go for the PS3 version, which will work on my giant LCD with a wireless controller.

So I think it is fair to say that the PS3 version is much better, but it is always nicer to play a Dreamcast game on DC only.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Which version of Under Defeat to buy?

Post by DaMadFiddler »

It's a decent game, and it's a pretty good looker for a Dreamcast game... but like several other sh'mups, it wouldn't be remarkable or remembered if it wasn't a postmortem Dreamcast release. You're getting it because it's a Dreamcast game; get on DC.

If you're just looking to get more into sh'mups in general, there are better options out there in general. If you want, we can bump this thread over to Gaming and turn it into a "recommend some sh'mups" discussion.
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Which version of Under Defeat to buy?

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

You aren't going to find Under Defeat for under $30 for Dreamcast. I've been through Den Den Town in Osaka and Akihabara several times, and that game along with the other late release shmups on Dreamcast still hold their value well above $30. If you are on a budget, the PS3 would be your way to go.
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....