Ship Palmacosta

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

Didi
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Re: Ship Palmacosta

Post by Didi »

Aleron Ives wrote:I guess nobody has noticed yet, but Palmacosta is numbered incorrectly. It should be 03:Palmacosta. :P
I had noticed this yes, but whithill told me the same thing as the Blue, but it still seem strange
Passatempo favorito: Jogar os diversos PSOs
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

PsO Brazilian Hunter RAmar
Didi
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Didi »

We Need to configure the quests for dreamcast, but up until now have not, try to do it the same way we did for the PC but does not work, does anyone know anything?
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

"It doesn't work," isn't a very useful description of the problem. :lol: What error(s) do you get?
"Fear the HUnewearl."
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

PSOv1 quests go in v1-[lang] (so like v1-en for English, v1-jp for Japanese, and so on) and PSOv2 quests go in v2-[lang]. They all work the same as PSOPC quests from there.
Didi
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Didi »

BlueCrab wrote:PSOv1 quests go in v1-[lang] (so like v1-en for English, v1-jp for Japanese, and so on) and PSOv2 quests go in v2-[lang]. They all work the same as PSOPC quests from there.
Thank you, now it's working, it was because he was before-pc (lang) and dc-(lang) kkkkkkkkkk
Didi
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Didi »

Really thankful
Now understood how to configure, I consulted the wiki files, now just working
Didi
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Didi »

COMUNICADO URGENTE!!!!

Devido à todos os mal entendidos a respeito do uso do programa (Bankmod), a partir de hoje o uso dele no Ship Palmacosta está estritamente proibido e quem for pego com itens feitos levará ban de uma semana, e somando 3 ocorrências levará de meses ou até permanente.
Para ler em português todas as regras, comandos e características do servidor Sylverant, acesse:
http://www.cla-nossa-lingua-pso.blogspo ... erant.html

URGENT ANNOUNCEMENT!!

Because of all the misunderstandings about the use of the program (Bankmod), starting from today the use of it in Ship Palmacosta is strictly prohibited and anyone caught with items made will ban a week, and adding three occurrences take months or until permanent.
To read all the rules in Portuguese, commands and server characteristics Sylverant, visit:
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

A few notes that i would like to add.

1 - similar to the bug report you guys did earlier, you guys have once again acted fast on this matter, you may think bug reports are always like the ones you do, but sometimes ppl see the bugs but don't report them, they try to degrade other things in the process, mention bugs that can't happen, bugs that have been fixed already and they make it clear they didn't care for months about communicating the bug, matters become worse when it's someone from the staff, so the bug report was fast and so was this issue, congrats for acting fast

2 - there are global rules and then a few exeptions for ships, that situation doesn't really fit, so i have no idea on what rule players will follow, yours or the server ones.
I am sure however that each single GM will know how things will be and what players should follow.
(i'm beeing sarcastic obviously, no one really knows)

3 - let's say that rule applies, what about the users that made items before custom quests allowed said items, like red ring, black ring, rico's earings or dreamcast mag with 3 pbs?
If it's not retroactive, some players may find it unfair, if it's retroactive you may piss the players that made the items.

I'm not going to discuss this because it already has been discussed, so i'm only interested in the ending really, my point is simply to tell you that the rule doesn't really fit into the server "state of mind" and needs some polishing, but even so, you will see many bumps on the road.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

I think the most simple rule of all should apply here: You're legit if the legit checker says you are.

The Red Ring and such should be disallowed by that check, after all. :wink:
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

Didi wrote:COMUNICADO URGENTE!!!!

Devido à todos os mal entendidos a respeito do uso do programa (Bankmod), a partir de hoje o uso dele no Ship Palmacosta está estritamente proibido e quem for pego com itens feitos levará ban de uma semana, e somando 3 ocorrências levará de meses ou até permanente.
Para ler em português todas as regras, comandos e características do servidor Sylverant, acesse:

URGENT ANNOUNCEMENT!!

Because of all the misunderstandings about the use of the program (Bankmod), starting from today the use of it in Ship Palmacosta is strictly prohibited and anyone caught with items made will ban a week, and adding three occurrences take months or until permanent.
To read all the rules in Portuguese, commands and server characteristics Sylverant, visit:
I'm happy with the you decision that the spirit of fair play and who can't play like that to me doesn't know how to play :wink:
PsO Brazilian Hunter RAmar
Didi
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Didi »

Finally the ship palmacosta been rewired!!!
I had emailed a pm to the Blue, Ago time, when our VPS changed data center, but as he did not answer me, I had than to wait for the Whithil set again, but now I do not know if it's because of the new ip, or some mistake of configuration, but on entering the ship connecting the game is falling.
What to do now?
And another thing, has as send me the status of the script sylverant, I wanted to put on the site http://www.nossa-lingua-pso.net, the status of palmacosta, but I saw that has several doors and our script can not put more than one.

Enfim o ship palmacosta foi religado!
Eu tinha enviado PM ao Blue a um tempo atrás, quando nosso VPS mudou de data center, mas como ele não me respondeu, tive que aguardar o Whithil configurar novamente, mas agora não sei se é por causa do novo ip, ou algum erro de configuração, mas ao entrar no ship a conexão do game está caindo.
O que fazer agora?
E outra coisa, tem como me mandar o script do status do sylverant, eu queria colocar no site do http://www.nossa-lingua-pso.net o status só do Palmacosta, mas vi que tem várias portas e no nosso script não dá para colocar mais que uma.
Last edited by Didi on Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Sorry, I must have missed the pm amongst all that had been going on in the past couple of months (finishing and defending my masters thesis, mostly).

As for why people would get disconnected when joining the ship, it could very likely be due to the different IP address. The ship configuration has a spot for the ship's address, which can be specified either as a DNS domain name or as an IP address. If that is configured incorrectly, it can cause a lot of issues.

As for the status script... The script itself is not actually usable (in code form) outside of my server as it requires access to the database. You can, however, get the raw data from the script pretty easily. If you want it as HTML, you can just grab the data by reading it directly from http://wsgi.sylverant.net/status.py . That will give you a fragment of an HTML page that you can use to display the ship status the same way that I do on the Sylverant website. If you would like to format it yourself, you can also get the data as a JSON document. To do that, grab the data from http://wsgi.sylverant.net/status.py?format=json . Then you can parse that pretty easily and do with it as you please. I do request that if you make your own status widget, please include all of the ships. I always want to encourage everyone to play together, so I find that pretty important.
Didi
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Didi »

BlueCrab wrote:Sorry, I must have missed the pm amongst all that had been going on in the past couple of months (finishing and defending my masters thesis, mostly).

As for why people would get disconnected when joining the ship, it could very likely be due to the different IP address. The ship configuration has a spot for the ship's address, which can be specified either as a DNS domain name or as an IP address. If that is configured incorrectly, it can cause a lot of issues.

As for the status script... The script itself is not actually usable (in code form) outside of my server as it requires access to the database. You can, however, get the raw data from the script pretty easily. If you want it as HTML, you can just grab the data by reading it directly from http://wsgi.sylverant.net/status.py . That will give you a fragment of an HTML page that you can use to display the ship status the same way that I do on the Sylverant website. If you would like to format it yourself, you can also get the data as a JSON document. To do that, grab the data from http://wsgi.sylverant.net/status.py?format=json . Then you can parse that pretty easily and do with it as you please. I do request that if you make your own status widget, please include all of the ships. I always want to encourage everyone to play together, so I find that pretty important.
ok, got it.
I thought that with the change of ip you need to change a setting in your database, but I'll see how to proceed with whithil this configuration.
thank you very much
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Nope. The database doesn't have any static IP addresses set in it. It just saves whatever the client (in this case, a ship server) tells it to. :wink:
Didi
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Didi »

BlueCrab wrote:Nope. The database doesn't have any static IP addresses set in it. It just saves whatever the client (in this case, a ship server) tells it to. :wink:
That is exactly! Whithil had forgotten to set the ship_config.xml
But I even managed to set up.
Now Palmacosta is in full swing :wink: ;)
Didi
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Didi »

Why when I use the command /gm and put on Restart does not restart and gives this error in ship log?
Ship server restart scheduled for 1 minutes by 10092
Palmacosta: Shutting down...
Restart failed: No such file or directory
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

That particular error means that it can't find the actual binary that was used to execute the ship server itself. Unfortunately, if that's happening, it's probably a bug in Cygwin.
Didi
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Didi »

BlueCrab wrote:That particular error means that it can't find the actual binary that was used to execute the ship server itself. Unfortunately, if that's happening, it's probably a bug in Cygwin.
Can this be, because we're opening for a bat file.

You have the pretension to update the topic list GMs and server rules adding that except for the site?
Same if you are not upgrading, I'm going to list here the LMs:

Whithil XBR
Didi / NªLíngua
G XBR / Cirilo / Megalow
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

What rules-related information were you looking for me to post? Also, I updated the GM list topic.