What's the funniest thing people do when playing video games

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Narcissus
TAFKA Token99
TAFKA Token99
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

What's the funniest thing people do when playing video games

Post by Narcissus »

I think it's the funniest when people are playing racing games and they go around the turn on the track and actually lean over. Like leaning over is going to make you turn sharper LOL. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The only limitations we have, are the ones we set for ourselves...
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Here are some things that make me laugh:

the people who tilt the control pad depending on what way they press it.

the people who go into a total trance, and wont listen to anything anybody says.

the people who keep pressing start over and over during a cut-scene they dont want to see even though they know it doesnt do anything

the people who feel sick from playing games (like my mu/om)

the people who get pissed off while you watch them because it puts them off.

the people who play light gun games and act like James Bond all the way through.

the people who get pissed off if you choose their favourite character in multiplayer

anybody playing sega bass fishing with the fishing rod just makes me laugh

the persons reaction to getting the crappest award at the end fo Goldeneye deathmatch.

when somebody gets so excited playing a game they accidently disconnect the controller, get shot and die.
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

I think the funniest thing I've ever seen while playing a game was in college playing a UT last man standing match with my roommate. We were in that level that is like a space ship...ya know...the one that has like a basement that holds the flack cannon and the glob shooter (I don't know the real name if it) and then a main floor with a big round hallway at one end. Anyway...we were playing, with both of our computers hooked up to surround sound speakers. Well...all the bots were dead...and it was just my roommate and I. I went into the basement and hid behind a wall, in the shadows. It's really not a big level...and my roommate ran past me like two times. He was getting a little mad that he couldn't find me. He came down to the basement again, turned around, and he looked right at me. He walked over a little closer to me (remember...dead silence). I had a pulse cannon, and while he was standing there trying to decide if he was looking at me...or a box...I took aim and fired. The sound came through all 6 speakers with a thunderous boom...at which time my roommate screamed (a girly scream), and fell backwards out of his chair. It was quite funny. :D
NeonGenesis
Respected Artist
Respected Artist

Post by NeonGenesis »

Vlad, that is hilarious! Boney, I am one of those people that tilt the controller, get mad at people watching, and hit start lots in cut scenes. :P My little brother is even funnier, though. Playing stuff like Perfect Dark, when he's sitting near something over to the sides of him, he will actually tilt his entire body to the sides or down trying to see around whatever is in his way. It's really funny to see. Probably some other stuff, I just can't think of it at the moment.
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by 999 »

I used to lift my left leg every time I made Mario jump on Donkey Kong for Atari 2600.

It was the first game that actually required you to do something other than "shooting," and it required specific timing, something new to the genre back then. Anyhow, it took me a few days to kick the habit, but boy was it hard.

I just recently discovered a new "animation" people do unknowingly, they'll make the "O" face with their mouth with their bottom jaw really far down while picking their nose... Ever see that one? I've seen 5 people do it now, 3 of which were strangers in traffic... Oh the things you do to find amusement in LA traffic...
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

i think its funny when people stick there head up and try to look over a wall as if its right in front of them
anal=probe
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by anal=probe »

Sometimes I tilt the controller. More often than that though, I press the buttons harder as if this will do anything but damage my controller and my fingers (not counting pressure sensitve games).

I also make weird faces and stick my tounge out. If I play a frustrating game for a long time, this will cause my lips to get chapped.

I also get really mad at people who try and talk to me while I'm playing.
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

i get MAD if people talk to me while im playing GTA3
Full-Bodied
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Full-Bodied »

i get MAD if people talk to me while im playing GTA
Man, I do too... that game pisses me off when people talk to me
"The constitution gives me the right to bare arms, arm bears and everthing in-between!"
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

that whole game pisses me off in general, but i cannot stop playing it :P
Full-Bodied
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Full-Bodied »

I actually really like GTAIII, the driving is crazy fun, Yazuka Stingers own all!!!
"The constitution gives me the right to bare arms, arm bears and everthing in-between!"
Polymira
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Polymira »

Hey . . . my dad has all the dc fishing games, with a rod controller . . .he loves em . . although it's just sad =/

People who piss me off are ones who get pissed off at a game (pisses me off more when i'm playing too and am into it), and they throw the controller at something . . causing damage.... especially when it's my crap!

*i've had a dc controller and a vmu broken from my friend andrew . . .he is not aloud within 30 ft of my dc now....

And people who say "playstation is better then the dreamcast... you may be able to play nes games on your dc, but I have better games on my psx"

when the persons game collection consists of Driver2, some crappy plane racing games, and jett moto2...... when my DC collection includes 40 original games . . .and homebrew software including movies, games, emus, mp3 playes . . etc....
--pSyCo
jimbull
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by jimbull »

My dad puffs and blows while playing fighting games.

I remember once playing Toshinden 2 on the PS and he was giving it his all...he sounded like Rolf harris when he does his whole funny noises routine.

He also gives a mighty 'HHHUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuup' every time he jumps on a driving game as well.

:)
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Playing ESPN: Track & Field.
You're all there like normal, and then suddenly for 10 seconds you all turn into metally disturbed people hunched over a controller, whacking two buttons and pulling a really evil face at the TV screen.
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Post by -Azathoth- »

I get nauseous during sessions of Half-Life, or any FPS game. So far I've found that even if the game is super smooth, I still break out in a cold sweat and I feel like I'm turning blue or something.

I use to lean over whenever I made a sharp turn in GT3, heh.
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

-Azathoth- wrote:I get nauseous during sessions of Half-Life, or any FPS game. So far I've found that even if the game is super smooth, I still break out in a cold sweat and I feel like I'm turning blue or something.
I know of people who do that, luckily I dont and have played FPS games for 5 hours straight sometimes.
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

:lol: I think I have probably been guilty of a few of these things. The leaning mostly, and also making noises while playing beat em ups. I also used to commentate on any sports games I used to play but the funniest thing was when my mum attempted to play Bomberman with me. I told her to pick up the controller and have a go, joking of course but she did. So when it was her turn to have a go, I went to the bathroom and she said "how do you use it!?" and I shouted "just press all the buttons down". When I came back, she was holding the controller down at the floor, under the table :roll: She might be nuts but I loves my mum :mrgreen:
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

CoasterKing wrote::lol: I think I have probably been guilty of a few of these things. The leaning mostly, and also making noises while playing beat em ups. I also used to commentate on any sports games I used to play but the funniest thing was when my mum attempted to play Bomberman with me. I told her to pick up the controller and have a go, joking of course but she did. So when it was her turn to have a go, I went to the bathroom and she said "how do you use it!?" and I shouted "just press all the buttons down". When I came back, she was holding the controller down at the floor, under the table :roll: She might be nuts but I loves my mum :mrgreen:
lol
HGDC
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by HGDC »

I remember a funny thing from my early childhood... I was six or somethingplaying "Buggy boy" on C64 (it's a car game if you don't know) and I wasn't very good with it. I crashed many times, my buggy rolled over many times and it sometimes exploded. I still had fun, because my father made it a "virtuar reality driving experience": each time my car rolled he started to shake my chair, and after the explosions he took his lighter and showed it in front of me, "simulating" the flames born on explosion... :lol: He's a great guy.
And again, HGDC has left the building.
Dilbert
DC Emu IRC Dork
DC Emu IRC Dork

Post by Dilbert »

i always:

1. go into a trance
2. pound on the keyboard when i'm losing
3. When i'm playing a game like Medal of Honor, i find myself ducking beneath the monitor like thats gonna prevent me from getting shot

My friend has an annoying habbit of calling any bots or people that he's playing against, cheaters. he's like "man these TFC bots cheat so badly."
or "OH MY GOD, WHAT A HACKER!"