Halloween '13

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

tueidj
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Halloween '13

Post by tueidj »

Just to confirm, is the full event currently active or just the lobby theme?
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Re: Halloween '13

Post by BlueCrab »

On Iselia, both the team and lobby events should be up and running. I don't think I had any special event quests configured for Halloween.
IncognitoMan
DC Respected Artist
DC Respected Artist

Post by IncognitoMan »

I'm guessing this is in regards to the Holiday Rappy drops?

Does there need to be something set other than team and lobby events for those to work? I just thought that if the team event was set the quest would pick that up and use whatever holiday its setup for... ( In this case we'd get hallo rappy / jack o lanterns )

Guess it gives me something to test out. :wink:

On another note... tueidj, what are the chances of having the ability of using USB Gecko to take screenshots of PSO GC? the original GC screenshot tools dont work ( and their online counterparts are down ) and I figure it'd be nice to take screenshots and be able to upload them to the screenshot thread here.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

The lobby event is only a decoration, but GC's holiday Rappies get enabled automatically when the Pioneer 2 event is active. I didn't check to see if Halloween was set in Iselia's automatic event table, so I enabled both its lobby and Pioneer 2 decorations just in case when I updated Altimira. ;)
"Fear the HUnewearl."
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Aleron Ives wrote:The lobby event is only a decoration, but GC's holiday Rappies get enabled automatically when the Pioneer 2 event is active. I didn't check to see if Halloween was set in Iselia's automatic event table, so I enabled both its lobby and Pioneer 2 decorations just in case when I updated Altimira. ;)
It is. :wink:
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

just enter Altimira and I personally find rather strange having to download a patch for the event halloween (pc version)
how so why not an update automatically :?
PsO Brazilian Hunter RAmar
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

It isn't automatic, because it's optional. The patch allows you to hear the Gamecube Halloween music on Pioneer 2, instead of hearing the Valentine's Day music.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
BeBeZiNhA
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by BeBeZiNhA »

Aleron Ives wrote:It isn't automatic, because it's optional. The patch allows you to hear the Gamecube Halloween music on Pioneer 2, instead of hearing the Valentine's Day music.
cool happ
y halloween hunters
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

Aleron Ives wrote:It isn't automatic, because it's optional. The patch allows you to hear the Gamecube Halloween music on Pioneer 2, instead of hearing the Valentine's Day music.
hjummm ok thank you
PsO Brazilian Hunter RAmar
tueidj
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by tueidj »

IncognitoMan wrote:On another note... tueidj, what are the chances of having the ability of using USB Gecko to take screenshots of PSO GC? the original GC screenshot tools dont work ( and their online counterparts are down ) and I figure it'd be nice to take screenshots and be able to upload them to the screenshot thread here.
Got something else planned to handle this, no USB gecko required.
tueidj
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by tueidj »

So I was just idly browsing through sylverant's source code, specifically mapdata.c: bb_load_game_enemies() and v2_load_game_enemies() both have code to modify rappys based on the current lobby event but gc_load_game_enemies() doesn't; is that intentional?
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Good catch... In fact, it shouldn't be in the v2 code at all, since there are no special rappies on v2. I think I just put that piece of code in the wrong place. That's what I get for having several functions that all look the same. :oops: Thanks for pointing it out!

That said, that code is only run when you have server-side drops turned on for a team, and only when playing a quest. That code should never be triggered otherwise. :wink:

EDIT: Fixed in r717.