repairing games

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
supersega
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

repairing games

Post by supersega »

When ever I try to play my copy of street fighter alpha 3, it will load up to the sega screen (after the swirl) and then reset. This is a problem with the game, it does it on all of my friends DCs as well. I have tried cleaning it with rubbing alchahol, but it still does the same thing. what should I do? should I buy a cleaning kit? The disk doesn't appear to be extremely scratched.

Oh, I also had two games that had dirt on the bottom but worked fine. After I cleaned them with rubbing alchahol, the dremcast resets the game to the DC menu screen.

I two have a healthy dreamcasts and these problems occor on bothof them.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.
LiL Tommy000
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by LiL Tommy000 »

i'm not sure but i dont think you are supposed to use rubbing alcohol, you can try buying a game doctor those usually work with scrathes.
supersega
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by supersega »

Maybe I cleaned the disks too hard. I looked on the web and found that you shouldn't scrub your disks when cleaning them... oh shoot. well if my disks are scratched fron scrubbing them, do you think something like the Disc Dr would fix them?
( ABACABB )
Sanchez
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Sanchez »

It depends on how deep the scratches are and how long you're willing to spin the disc doctor....
"This is worse than when the Raccoon got in the copier!"
DCemuN00B
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Answer

Post by DCemuN00B »

Put dish cleaning soap on the disc, rub it in gently. Run the disc under warm water and rub the soap off. Should work fine
supersega
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by supersega »

Thanks for all of your help, I bought the games from EB a couple of days ago and they gladly replaced my games without a receipt. :D
( ABACABB )