RGB Color conversion issue?

If you have any questions on programming, this is the place to ask them, whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer. Discussion on programming in general is also welcome. We will help you with programming homework, but we will not do your work for you! Any porting requests must be made in Developmental Ideas.
Neoblast
DC Developer
DC Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

RGB Color conversion issue?

Post by Neoblast »

I'm finishing a game port, only a few pieces left to get it working nicely.

In order to get more performance I had to tune down the colors to 16 bit mode, it was in 32 before.
It's a sdl port, the problem is some tiles and pixels color suddenly changed, probably with some conflict with the colorkey for transparencies.

I managed to fix most of them by changing one of the parameters of the surfaces to hardware mode

( from SWSURFACE to HWSURFACE )

Thing is there's still one thing whose color has changed, the function that handles string drawing, where it should be white ( 255, 255, 255 ) it prints what appear to be cyan ( rgb 0, 255 , 255 I think.. ).

Could anyone help me with these?
PH3NOM
DC Developer
DC Developer
Has thanked: 0

Re: RGB Color conversion issue?

Post by PH3NOM »

Can you post a screen-shot so we can see what its doing wrong?
Neoblast
DC Developer
DC Developer

Re: RGB Color conversion issue?

Post by Neoblast »

It's fixed now but thank you Ph3N0M

One of the issues was fixed by using SDL_HWSURFACE ( it had to do with the alpha and changin from 32 to 16 bit mode )

and the other one, related to the strings the game I just released prints, they appeared cyan instead of white, Indiket helped me out with this ;)

This is how it was:
SDL_Color color = { c >> 16, c >> 8, c }; For 32 Bit mode
And how it gets fixed:
SDL_Color color = { c >> 8, c >> 4, c }; For 16 bit mode