DanteJay
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
https://www.houzz.com/pro/kuchnie/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Canadians...

Post by DanteJay »

A bit of snow hits the ground, and your friend's friend decides the local Tim Hortons could use a second drive through.

Due to this newly created hole in the wall, only the original drive through will remain open until repairs are made. So now the drive through line is twice as long.

Last edited by Jeeba Jabba on Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Because I bloody well can.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Re: Canadians...

Post by BlueCrab »

So... Canadians are worse at driving in the snow than the idiots in Maryland.

Amazing!
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

Wow, that is fucking fail. I own that exact same car (Mazdaspeed 6), which happens to be AWD. If you can't drive AWD in the winter, you shouldn't be driving period.
DanteJay
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DanteJay »

Code-Red wrote:Wow, that is fucking fail. I own that exact same car (Mazdaspeed 6), which happens to be AWD. If you can't drive AWD in the winter, you shouldn't be driving period.
Yep. In case you're wondering, it's the Schomberg Tim Horton's at the corner of Hwy 9 and Hwy 27.
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

Don't know Schomberg too well... my father grew up there but I've never been there to check it out.

Did you grab that pic right after it happened?
DanteJay
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DanteJay »

Code-Red wrote:Don't know Schomberg too well... my father grew up there but I've never been there to check it out.

He didn't happen to grow up in the Lloydtown part of it by any chance? That's the area where some of my friends live. Everyone knows everyone there.
You're not missing much not experiencing Schomberg. Small town, with small town feel, where everyone acts like its the greatest place on earth. One thing about it that makes me mad is that the main street in Schomberg (which is very narrow) has parking on both sides, and makes it very difficult for two vehicles to pass through the parked cars. If you've ever seen Tommy Boy, there's a brief scene that was filmed there, where their car is driving through main street (either right before or after the car door is ripped off at the gas station). Oh, and there's this coffee shop on the main street that's named after a bird, which i highly suspect is a front for something. My initial suspicions were drugs, but now I'm not sure. Good coffee though.
Code-Red wrote: Did you grab that pic right after it happened?
The pic was taken right after it happened by one of the girls that works at the Tim's. My friend who also works there, got it from her.
Kinarivex

Post by Kinarivex »

Um buddy? That's extremely Offensive considering Most Canadians can Actually Drive. Winters in Canada can get really terrible especially if the guy was drunk...Unlike Americans, Canadians actually Have Winters. Canadians are no worse at Driving then Americans are, They just have harder conditions. I've lived in Canada for a few years and Their winters are actually worse Then UK and US. No, Way worse then in US. Mind you I've only been to Quebec so as to the other parts I can't vouch for but Quebec is said to have the worst drivers anyway. I've never been in an accident in Quebec in all me 5 years living there so.
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

We're both Canadian (Dante and I), and neither of us are offended. We both know it was a joke. We all know Americans are the worst drivers on the roads.

Come at me bro.
DanteJay
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DanteJay »

Kinarivex wrote:Um buddy? That's extremely Offensive considering Most Canadians can Actually Drive. Winters in Canada can get really terrible especially if the guy was drunk...Unlike Americans, Canadians actually Have Winters. Canadians are no worse at Driving then Americans are, They just have harder conditions. I've lived in Canada for a few years and Their winters are actually worse Then UK and US. No, Way worse then in US. Mind you I've only been to Quebec so as to the other parts I can't vouch for but Quebec is said to have the worst drivers anyway. I've never been in an accident in Quebec in all me 5 years living there so.
Update: The guy driving the car that hit the Tims was doing donuts in the parking lot. He was trying to impress his girlfriend who was in the passenger seat, and he got way too close to the building. The damage to the Tims is $30,000. His car (which actually belongs to his dad) was written off, because both airbags deployed.

And for the record, while I am Canadian, I completely disagree with your statement that most Canadians can actually drive. Two words: Brampton & Markham. The worst drivers on the face of this planet live in these two cities. In fact, last January while in Markham, I was rear-ended in my Altima at a red light simply because the idiot driver of the Lexus IS-350 who hit me was driving way too fast and couldn't stop in time, causing $10,000 worth of damage to my car. Several times a year, I narrowly escape being hit by someone. Just a couple of weeks ago I pulled onto the shoulder on our hwy 409 because the guy in the TL behind me wasn't paying attention to the stopping traffic. He noticed last second and pulled onto the shoulder again putting me in danger of being hit by him, so I quickly pulled back on the lane, while he manged to stop beside me.

In 2005, my mother was struck in a head on collision in Brampton, which broke her leg. Her Crown Victoria was completely written off. Brampton currently has the highest auto insurance rates in all of Ontario. There is far too much corruption that allows thousands upon thousands of immigrants in the greater Toronto area to "purchase" a license without being properly educated and tested. In fact, I used to work with a guy who immigrated from Trinidad to Brampton. Once he immigrated, his friends hooked him up with a crooked test instructor at one of our ministry of transportation centers. $100 later, he was fully licensed to drive. He didn't know such basics things such as what yield signs meant, or to treat an intersection as a 4 way stop if the lights are not functioning properly. I found out that a couple years later, he caused an accident and wrote off his car. And this is so common place in the GTA. Contrast to the couple times a year I drive through the states, where people know what the passing lane is for. I've never come close to being hit by anyone, ever in the USA.

And since you mentioned QC, I now work with a company whose headquarters are located in Montreal. I drive there a couple times a year. I'm not sure where you lived, but people in Montreal drive like freaking maniacs.
DanteJay
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DanteJay »

I took this picture yesterday on Trethewey Dr.

It took me 15-20 minutes to pass through this intersection, because the asshats coming from Yore Rd kept turning onto Trethewey Dr and jamming the intersection. It was un-freaking-believable.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Kinarivex wrote:Um buddy? That's extremely Offensive considering Most Canadians can Actually Drive.
Quoted for fail. Canadians are terrible drivers. Probably because we rode horse and carriage until just a few short years ago.
Kinarivex wrote:Winters in Canada can get really terrible especially if the guy was drunk...
Lawl. Yes, especially if he was drunk. Any conditions are worse when you're drunk.
Kinarivex wrote:Unlike Americans, Canadians actually Have Winters. Canadians are no worse at Driving then Americans are, They just have harder conditions.
Ever been to Chicago? Michigan? New York? Pretty much the same as Ontario winters. Now, the Praries and Maritimes are a different story. As is Nunavut. And Yukon. And NWT. But Ontario is for pansies, as far as winter is concerned. And as far as I'm concerned. Most parts of Quebec too. Montreal, I'm looking at you.
Kinarivex wrote:I've lived in Canada for a few years and Their winters are actually worse Then UK and US. No, Way worse then in US. Mind you I've only been to Quebec...
edit 1: Read DanteJay's post. 'Nuff said.

edit 2: announced the original topic for importance.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Of course winters are worse in Canada. Winters are a thing.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

rackist.
neogeofan
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by neogeofan »

Kinarivex wrote:Um buddy? That's extremely Offensive considering Most Canadians can Actually Drive. Winters in Canada can get really terrible especially if the guy was drunk...Unlike Americans, Canadians actually Have Winters. Canadians are no worse at Driving then Americans are, They just have harder conditions. I've lived in Canada for a few years and Their winters are actually worse Then UK and US. No, Way worse then in US. Mind you I've only been to Quebec so as to the other parts I can't vouch for but Quebec is said to have the worst drivers anyway. I've never been in an accident in Quebec in all me 5 years living there so.
Please learn how to type.
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

I like you Canadians, sometimes you wander across Lake Erie to Pennsylvania and tell me to come up there.

I'd blame the car crash on those square wheels that seem to be a Canadian standard (unless South Park is wrong)
Smurph
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Smurph »

Kinarivex wrote:Um buddy? That's extremely Offensive considering Most Canadians can Actually Drive. Winters in Canada can get really terrible especially if the guy was drunk...Unlike Americans, Canadians actually Have Winters.
You've never been to the northeast, have you buddy? Also I hope most Canadians can actually grammar. Additionally it's true, Quebecians do suck at driving from what I've seen. You can usually pick 'em out by who's going 35MPH slower than traffic.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Why do you Americans moan about Canada so much? Is it really the worst state?
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

BoneyCork: It's a very large hat that we must wear at all times. Sure, it makes our scalp a little irritated once in awhile, but we can't even fathom life without it. Without Canada, the US would have a pretty nasty baldspot.
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

Specially Cork wrote:Why do you Americans moan about Canada so much? Is it really the worst state?
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Hands up if your country's head of state is from your country and lives there.