HDMI Cables

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

HDMI Cables

Post by Nico0020 »

Okay, so I'm quite irritated and confused by something. I bought my parents a bluray player for Christmas. I opened the box after bringing it home the other day, to see what connections it came with and to figure a few other things out. And of course, upon opening the box, no HDMI cable.

How can a Bluray player, something designed specifically for high definition playback, only come with composite cables?

I remember a few years back, when xbox and ps3 stopped including HDMI cables, or even component cables with their console. Obviously a cost cutting measure, but I was willing to accept it, as in the end, it's just a video game console.

Did bluray players ever include HDMI or component cables? Or has it always been composite? I'm irritated, not because HDMI is expensive, those things are like 5 bucks or less. I'm irritated because there is no reason I SHOULD have to buy an HDMI cable when I just spent good money on a high definition video player.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Zealous zerotype
zerotype
Been thanked: 0

Re: HDMI Cables

Post by Zealous zerotype »

The higher end one typically include an HDMI cable and sometimes a component cable comes along with that. When they first started coming out they were all high-end and iirc it was component mostly because that is what existed at the time, but HDMI was included too as it was starting to catch on.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
DanteJay
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
Been thanked: 0

Post by DanteJay »

Yeah, unfortunately that's the norm. It could be worse, like when you purchase a printer and get no cable at all.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

oh wow, ive never had that happen. My father just ordered a new network printer not too long ago, I help him set it up and such over the wireless, but you have to use a USB cable to start with. Thankfully it did come with the cable. Printers are probably the most frustrating piece of PC hardware there is, and hearing that some lack essentail cables like that just makes em worse. No matter if it was school, or work, or some random place I'd always rather doing my printing somewhere else than at home. My home printers are for emergency use only lol
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

Happens all the time. I had to be driven to an outside facility at work to "install" a Samsung MFP. They didn't have an USB A-B cable and the pos just came with a telephone cord for the fax.