DVD blurry/pixelated on HDTV through Blu Ray

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Thomas
Thomas
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DVD blurry/pixelated on HDTV through Blu Ray

Post by Thomas »

souLLY, do you have the WDTV Live, or the Live Plus? This might fit my needs better then the AppleTV, but I don't know the difference, other then the plus has netflix streaming.
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

Just the live, we don't have Netflix in the UK so they haven't even released the plus here
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

Hey souLLy. I read somethings about the wdlxtv firmware. I'm a bit confused on the iso support. From what I read it seems that for sure putting ts_video into a folder with your movie name and pressing play on that will work with menus and all. I'm not 100% about actual .iso files though. But hey better than nothing.

@Thomas. If you wanna PM me for meeting up on aim or irc I could help you pick out which device would suit your needs.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
DanteJay
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DanteJay »

My phone actually does a great job of playing back hd rips through its hdmi out. I was impressed with the image quality. Its nice for if I go to a friends house, but at home im all about the XBMC. Have been since it started on xbox. Now, I got it all networked with my home server. Can't stress enough just how awesome it is.
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Zealous zerotype wrote:Hey souLLy. I read somethings about the wdlxtv firmware. I'm a bit confused on the iso support. From what I read it seems that for sure putting ts_video into a folder with your movie name and pressing play on that will work with menus and all. I'm not 100% about actual .iso files though. But hey better than nothing.

@Thomas. If you wanna PM me for meeting up on aim or irc I could help you pick out which device would suit your needs.
I gave WDLXTV a go and the current release is based on an older version of the official firmware so the video compatibility was a bit lower, seemed to hang on a few of the bigger video files I had, I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it though, it seems to be pretty amazing when configured properly
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

I've been fiddling further with the settings of the TV and I have the quality to an almost acceptable level. Samsung cranked up the sharpness on all the default settings, so every artifact is glaringly obvious. Planet Earth still looks a little pixelated when the camera zooms out and a whole lot of detail is displayed on screen... but it's better. Changing the resolution on the 360 seems to have no affect.
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

It's far from the answer you want, but I really think it's a tragedy to watch Planet Earth in SD, things like that show are the reason why we have blurays
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

I know, I know. I'll be buying the box set with Life as soon as it's available 'round here. Everyone seems to be sold out. Online I guess.

I happened to watch an episode of Life in 720p, and it was jaw dropping. I can only imagine how great it looks in 1080p.
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I've never seen Planet Earth, just small segments of the show. Is it worth the money for the blu-ray set?

I also got an AppleTV with a crystalHD card, and man that was a pain in the ass to get up and running. Windows 7 didn't want to allow SMB to work with XBMC.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

We have Planet Earth on Blu-Ray (gave it to Eva for her birthday a couple years ago). If you can find a deal on it (try Amazon), it's definitely worth having. I prefer the British narration rather than Sigourney Weaver, though.

Also, Ace: I have an Xbox/PS2 component cable, if you're interested. You'll have to wait until I get settled, though, as it's currently somewhere in our many many moving boxes.