Requesting a lost download if anyone has it....

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
MethodGit
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Been thanked: 0

Requesting a lost download if anyone has it....

Post by MethodGit »

Does anyone have the "binary only" (NOT source or CDI) release of OpenTyrian? Preferably v0.2, but if you have v0.1 as well, then cool.

This is the original thread on the Tyrian Fan Forums that gives you an idea of the filenames at least. Googling "openTyrian02bin.zip" literally brings me zilch results.

I've been going through all my backup DVDs all day and night and can't find it at all, when I could've sworn I had this backed up back then.
Stryfe
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Has thanked: 0

Re: Requesting a lost download if anyone has it....

Post by Stryfe »

It took me about two minutes to find out it was ported by Inkidet, and had this article here.

Per the articles instructions, I went to 'Descargas --> IberDC Team', and found this page here.
ImageImageImageImage
MethodGit
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by MethodGit »

They only have the CDI version though. I'm specifically after the "binary only" release. I could ask the Dreamcast.es folks but it looks as if they don't have any direct e-mail addys or even a simple contact form, and attempting to register to the purely spanish forum looks like a chore.
Stryfe
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Stryfe »

They actually have an English speaking sub-forum, and are quite friendly to non native speakers. :wink:

I'd be to embarrassed to try talking in Spanish as I would end up sounding like a first-grader.

But in the meantime, check your pms.
ImageImageImageImage
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

There was no "binary only" release as far as I can see here
Indiket
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Indiket »

Hey MethodGit, you can ask me directly here ;D (don't worry man, I can understand English quite well... or at least I think so!).

As far I remember, I think I only released CDI + source code. You can obtain the binary from the CDI, or also compiling by yourself.

Here are the links:
http://www.dreamcast.es/descargas/iberd ... n02src.zip
http://www.dreamcast.es/descargas/iberd ... -dummy.zip

About the port, well what I saw is that emulation of music + sound was not enough fast for the Dreamcast CPU (of course, using SDL and without any hard optimization). That's why 0.2 was released: using WAV files directly. Game RAM usage was only 7-8 MB, so there was space to load WAV music on RAM and play it. I don't remember well, but I think that in some point the game crashes because of RAM shortage :-P

I have some ideas to do a 0.3 release, mainly an initial menu (like DCDoom) to select cheats and so on, and also try to use CDDA to minimize RAM usage. However, I never have time to do that heh.

Regards,

Indiket