anyone else have pso PC slow start up?

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

1RandomGamer
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

anyone else have pso PC slow start up?

Post by 1RandomGamer »

OK, when I select online or offline from the autorun, it takes about 15 minutes to start the game,
anyone know whats going on and how I can fix it?

I can start the game just fine and can play on the server, I just want it to boot faster.

thanks.

EDIT:

Also, I seem to have to keep repeating the process from the autorun after selecting Online Game, the PSO server usage agreement.

Any ideas?
Hello, I'm your signature, and I love you.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Re: anyone else have pso PC slow start up?

Post by BlueCrab »

The license agreement will show up every time if you use autorun. There are various loaders out there that bypass the autorun. As long as you've been on the server at least once with the autorun, you should be fine to bypass it (unless I were to release some kind of patch, but that's not all that likely beyond what's already there).

With regard to loaders that'll bypass autorun, I dunno if it'll fix the odd problem you're having with it taking that long to start up (as I've never seen that behavior myself). Its worth a shot though. The only loader I've used in any recent memory is the one here. Basically, take the PSOPC_Loader.exe file that comes from that zip file, and put it in the same directory as the pso.exe and autorun.exe. Use that instead of autorun, and it'll let you pick online or offline mode and all that jazz.
1RandomGamer
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by 1RandomGamer »

OMG THANK YOU!!! This fixed both problems along with a third that happened to me today. The game glitched when I died and I couldn't go back and pick up my weapons or money(I lost 2 really good weapons. sad face)

The game starts like a snap, and the PSO server usage agreement isn't appearing anymore, plus it has the NO WEAPON DROP BUILT IN!! OH YESSSS!!!!!!!

(In a less excited tone) Thank you so much, all of the problems were solved and everything works great. ^_^
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

If you die, both your weapon and meseta drop (only your equiped weapon drops, don't know how you lost 2 in the process), simply return to pionner and go back to the area, i never had an issue where i was unable to return to pionner, if you die and you don't have any scapes, a menu should pop up asking you if you want to return.

No weapon drop is a patch to avoid that, not to be picky but on certain ships that may not be alowed in legit marked games
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

K_I_R_E_E_K wrote:No weapon drop is a patch to avoid that, not to be picky but on certain ships that may not be alowed in legit marked games
Agreed. That is technically not legit, and using it in a legit game would be against the rules.
1RandomGamer
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by 1RandomGamer »

I am familiar with battle mode where your item drops when you die, I would not use the no weapon patch in there, just give me a list of where it would be considered not legit and I will avoid those areas when playing.

and I died twice, the first time I died and my weapon dropped, the second time was when I went to recover my item so I equipped my second weapon to go get it, when I found my item it would not let me pick it up, then I went to explore thinking it would ware off so I could pick up my weapon, I was then hit by 3 traps and died a second time causing my second weapon to fall, now I went to recover that one at least, but it wouldn't let me pick up that one either.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

1RandomGamer wrote:I am familiar with battle mode where your item drops when you die, I would not use the no weapon patch in there, just give me a list of where it would be considered not legit and I will avoid those areas when playing.
Any games that are in legit mode. You can find out what mode a game is in by looking at the second page of its info. The second line of that page should say one of the following: "Mode: Normal" or "Mode: Legit". It would be against the rules to have such a patch enabled if the mode is legit (the mode change is triggered by the team leader using the command "/legit" in game).
and I died twice, the first time I died and my weapon dropped, the second time was when I went to recover my item so I equipped my second weapon to go get it, when I found my item it would not let me pick it up, then I went to explore thinking it would ware off so I could pick up my weapon, I was then hit by 3 traps and died a second time causing my second weapon to fall, now I went to recover that one at least, but it wouldn't let me pick up that one either.
Not being able to pick up the weapon sounds like a bug somewhere... Unfortunately, without a full packet dump its impossible to debug it. :? I apologize that you lost your weapons, and if you would like I could recover them for you.
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

Altimira is the ship of pso palace and most pso palace forum users play there, since most of those players use that patch along side with other patches and mods, legit games may alow the "no weapon drop" patch, afterall they have different rules to suit some players.
But as i can see, in iselia and in vega the legit command is an enforced rule that must be obeyed (like having a minimun level to enter or a password protected game) so having any patches that affect gameplay are not alowed (independant if you get in or not).

Like bluecrab said, either join/make normal games (wich are the majority i guess) or make a legit game in altimira.

As for restoring, bluecrab, me and some ther players know how to restore an item, simply pm a user that is capable or contact someone ingame and give the details necessary about the item.

Hope you enjoy the server, have fun dude.
1RandomGamer
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by 1RandomGamer »

^_^ thanks for the info and the welcome, I am enjoying the server quite a lot.
Not being able to pick up the weapon sounds like a bug somewhere... Unfortunately, without a full packet dump its impossible to debug it. :?
that's what I was thinking, also I think I encountered 2 bugs at once, My bro made an account at the time so I asked him to log onto the game I was playing so he could pick up my weapons so I could get them later, but when he tried to join, it said a player was bursting. My guess is that when I died, I got stuck in a loop of bursting, kinda like the burst code froze in mid game, but at the same time, let me play the game, if that makes sense. That's what I think caused me to be unable to pick up my weapons, plus there was no items in the boxes at all, everything froze except the game.
I apologize that you lost your weapons, and if you would like I could recover them for you.
That's OK, I was in the mines and got surrounded and didn't get time to use my monomate, mainly my fault, lol. I will PM the info about the weapons.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

1RandomGamer wrote:^_^ thanks for the info and the welcome, I am enjoying the server quite a lot.
Not being able to pick up the weapon sounds like a bug somewhere... Unfortunately, without a full packet dump its impossible to debug it. :?
that's what I was thinking, also I think I encountered 2 bugs at once, My bro made an account at the time so I asked him to log onto the game I was playing so he could pick up my weapons so I could get them later, but when he tried to join, it said a player was bursting. My guess is that when I died, I got stuck in a loop of bursting, kinda like the burst code froze in mid game, but at the same time, let me play the game, if that makes sense. That's what I think caused me to be unable to pick up my weapons, plus there was no items in the boxes at all, everything froze except the game.
I think I might have some idea of why things were broken then... It sounds like someone tried to join your game and for whatever reason got disconnected while bursting. Thus, the game still thought someone was bursting, and wouldn't let anyone in. That also explains why you wouldn't be able to pick up your weapon, as those packets get delayed by the server until the bursting condition is cleared.

Well, at least that explanation makes sense to me, even if to nobody else... It gives me an idea to investigate, if nothing else.

I'm glad your enjoying the server... I've spent a lot of time on it, so its good to have it be appreciated. 8-)
1RandomGamer
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by 1RandomGamer »

that makes perfect sense, because that is exactly what happened, I remember someone joining or trying to join and then they left 2 seconds after their name popped up. didn't even have time to say hi to him.

I wish you good luck in finding that bug.

No problem, it's a great server, I can't wait for it's community to grow.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

1RandomGamer wrote:that makes perfect sense, because that is exactly what happened, I remember someone joining or trying to join and then they left 2 seconds after their name popped up. didn't even have time to say hi to him.

I wish you good luck in finding that bug.
And... that is exactly what the bug was, I'm pretty sure. It should be fixed the next time I restart the server software, as its already fixed in the code (hopefully), as of r425 (so a few minutes ago).
No problem, it's a great server, I can't wait for it's community to grow.
I certainly hope it will, but its hard to hold out that much hope for a game from so long ago... :|
1RandomGamer
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by 1RandomGamer »

that is true, it's a sad fate for such a great game. :cry:
but :grin: with the reveal of PSO2, I'm assuming new players will want to check out where it all began.
Moopthehedgehog
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Moopthehedgehog »

K_I_R_E_E_K wrote:Altimira is the ship of pso palace and most pso palace forum users play there, since most of those players use that patch along side with other patches and mods, legit games may alow the "no weapon drop" patch, afterall they have different rules to suit some players.
Like bluecrab said, either join/make normal games (wich are the majority i guess) or make a legit game in altimira.
I know this is going to be off topic, but DON'T make assertive inferences based on something you haven't experienced. The only documented difference about Altimra's legit checker is that it is configured for the Enhancement Pack's parameters. I understand where you are coming from on this topic, but, still, don't bash what you aren't sure about. Any trainer (except for if you count the EP as a trainer) is unlegit even by Altimira's standards, since you seem to think of us so lowly. Whatever, I'm not trying to instigate an argument, I'm just saying that this assumption about Altimira is technically false. I don't think the legit checker can even check trainers in the first place, anyways (but this is something I'm not sure about, so I could very easily be wrong here).

Now,
@1RandomGamer
If you want a loader without the 'no weapon drop' trainer, get it from this link, all the way down at the very bottom (it's called the "Secondary Online.Offline Patch"): http://psopalace.sylverant.net/downloads_pc.html
I'm sure Aleron Ives feels weird with his postcount back to <10668
:D
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

since most of those players use that patch along side with other patches and mods, legit games may alow the "no weapon drop" patch,
I make no mention to trainers and even if i did, it would be up to the altimira moderation to tell if they are alowed or not as it isn't my responsibility to make assumptions on something that i don't even care.

Stop beeing paranoid, just because the word "legit" is mentioned in a topic, it doesn't mean i'm bashing anything.
1RandomGamer
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by 1RandomGamer »

First off, No fighting about this. OK? I'm just happy to enjoy the server, plus it's a stupid thing to fight about, just contact the mod for the PSO palace ship and ask.

Thanks for the offer, but I'll pass, I like the option to turn it on and off on startup. Plus I like being able to choose offline, online, windowed, full screen, and choosing the size of my window.
don't bash what you aren't sure about
Not arguing, just adding my POV
I don't think he was trying to bash you or the server for that matter, he was pointing out that PSO palace offers that loader (among more extras) from their website which means they might allow their players to use them on their server. If they don't allow it, then I don't find the point in hosting them on their website. All I know it that the loader I have starts up PSO in under 5 seconds as opposed to 20 minutes, and that's all I care about.

I also don't find the big deal about using the no weapon drop as long as it's not used in battle mode,
because with the no weapon drop, the game acts like PSOBB.
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

First off, No fighting about this. OK?
Ok, fine by me.

He just doesn't like me and he tought i was bashing something, eventually he will re read my post and see that he was going the wrong way.
Your post sums what i was saying pretty well.

Glad we could help.
1RandomGamer
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by 1RandomGamer »

Ok, fine by me.
I hope my words weren't taken the wrong way, I just don't want flaming. :oops:

I also hope I wasn't repeating the already spoken. :?

indeed, I am glad as well. :grin:
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

1RandomGamer wrote:because with the no weapon drop, the game acts like PSOBB.
A lot of people, myself included, would refute that one. There are MANY differences between v1/v2 and later versions. But this is all-in-all beside the point.
1RandomGamer
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by 1RandomGamer »

I have read about the differences between the multiple versions of the game, I'm just going from a general perspective, because in PSOBB, when you die, you don't lose your weapon or money, and with the no weapon drop patch, it acts like it would in BB.

I wasn't trying to say the games are the same after the patch, I know quite a few differences right off hand between the 2 games. It's my fault though, I was pretty vague in my explanation. To make it more specific, with the no weapon drop patch, it takes away dropping your weapon in PSO. In PSOBB this feature was implemented into the game itself, along with lots of other features and changes from V2.

I was saying that with the no weapon drop patch, that feature of PSO acts like how it does in PSOBB.