America!

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: America!

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

uhhh how old are you ?
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

There is someone younger than I on here?
RyoDC
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by RyoDC »

Well it's not so clearly here... Yes Osama probably had killed. But does he really responds for the 9/11? And would this really stop the terrorist attacks all over the world?
How do I try to build a Dreamcast toolchain:
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

I doubt it will stop terrorist attacks. By most accounts, bin Laden had become a figurehead and was no longer responsible for actual planning and coordination of operations. Probably, the best we can hope for is that some al Qaeda members will be demoralized by his death.

And, of course, not all (or even most) terrorist groups are aligned with al Qaeda. Just as al Qaeda despises western "infidels", they also despise Muslim "heretics" (i.e. anyone who doesn't subscribe to al Qaeda's preferred version of Islamic doctrine).
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

melancholy wrote:When I heard the news this morning, I said 'that's cool' and went on with my day. I mean, it's been nearly 10 years now. If you want to really shock me, tell me they actually started building something at the Trade Center site.
Get ready to be shocked.
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

Jeeba Jabba wrote:uhhh how old are you ?
17, haha
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

Eviltaco64X wrote:
Jeeba Jabba wrote:uhhh how old are you ?
17, haha
I joined here when I was 16. Nine years ago. :cry: I watched 9/11 live from high school math class.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

Dumping the body is irritating, mind you I can't think of something better the US could have politically done with the body. But there are too many skeptics/elitist conspiracy theory speakers that will forever claim it was a hoax due to dumping the body so soon.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

Nico0020 wrote:Dumping the body is irritating, mind you I can't think of something better the US could have politically done with the body. But there are too many skeptics/elitist conspiracy theory speakers that will forever claim it was a hoax due to dumping the body so soon.
There are supposedly pictures of the body and a video of the burial, I doubt they ever release them though so its like they dont even exist. Obama watched the whole operation from D.C. so there may even be videos of Bin Laden being killed, but again they likely wont see the light of day so it is like they dont even exist. You wont ever see Bin Laden putting out another statement, but he had pretty much stopped in the last 5 years I guess. Its nice to hear what little justice is served, but nothing has changed. Its just the death of an icon and nothing else.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Maybe it's the video games talking, but surely dumping the body at sea just leaves the door open for his return with tentacles, terrorizing the world from some underwater base, with seahorse henchman that shoot acidic ink and whatnot?
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

pixel wrote:
melancholy wrote:When I heard the news this morning, I said 'that's cool' and went on with my day. I mean, it's been nearly 10 years now. If you want to really shock me, tell me they actually started building something at the Trade Center site.
Get ready to be shocked.
Huh...yeah, I am admittedly shocked. I had no idea they finally started working on something. It still took way too long, though.
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

melancholy wrote:
pixel wrote:
Get ready to be shocked.
Huh...yeah, I am admittedly shocked. I had no idea they finally started working on something. It still took way too long, though.
I remember being in the 6th grade just a year after it had happened and our teacher told us about the many different ideas being tossed around, its been almost 9 years since then.