I think I'm getting old

Be careful where you tread in here...
Specially Cork
https://www.houzz.com/pro/kuchnie/

I think I'm getting old

Post by Specially Cork »

Just been reading a book, listening to Erik Satie while sipping a glass of wine.

Whatever happened to playing Goldeneye, listening to Limp Bizkit while chugging a beer?
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: I think I'm getting old

Post by Smiley »

Im getting old as well. I can remember when the first time i played a atari2600.
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

I find myself checking the weather forecast almost daily, I hope its just a phase and not a sign of aging.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

I'm getting hair on my chest. Just a few curls for now, but still, I don't like it.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Smiley wrote:Im getting old as well. I can remember when the first time i played a atari2600.
To paraphrase Dr. Zoidberg: your sentence is bad and you should feel bad.
Last edited by DaMadFiddler on Mon May 02, 2011 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

I just gave a pledge to NPR.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

I just turned 28, and spent the day alternately listening to records, fucking, and playing NES. I don't know what you people's problem is; you don't have to "get old" just because you're getting old. And for those of you who would say it's just a sign of immaturity, I also did this today:

*AND* dressed up in a suit to go out to a fancy dinner. Which I drove to in the car that I own. On a paid vacation day from work. After negotiating a business deal, and reading another chapter in the 800-page novel I'm reading (which is book 10 of 15).

Damn; I guess I *AM* getting old.
DanteJay
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DanteJay »

DaMadFiddler wrote:I just turned 28, and spent the day alternately listening to records, fucking, and playing NES. I don't know what you people's problem is; you don't have to "get old" just because you're getting old. And for those of you who would say it's just a sign of immaturity, I also did this today:

*AND* dressed up in a suit to go out to a fancy dinner. Which I drove to in the car that I own. On a paid vacation day from work. After negotiating a business deal, and reading another chapter in the 800-page novel I'm reading (which is book 10 of 15).

Damn; I guess I *AM* getting old.
I can honestly say I haven't done any of those things today. Since I went to bed around 3am, I slept until around noon which was nice. But that's where I lost control over my day. Once I woke up I showered and had a plate of butter chicken and rice for lunch. I then in bed watched 4 episodes of Malcolm in the middle, while ignoring a few phone calls from friends who probably wanted to do stuff. I then went back to sleep, and slept until 7pm. I then woke again with a slight headache, and now had another helping of butter chicken for dinner along with 4 cups of coffee. I also managed to watch a few more episodes of Malcolm in the middle. It's now 9:15pm and I am just finishing up on the can. I am going to have another shower and find where the rest of my day takes me. So far it's been quite the relaxing day off.

I may be sad, but I'm not getting old.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

I'm not saying I don't do young people's stuff. I'm just amazed at how many "boring adult" things I now take pleasure in.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

DaMadFiddler wrote:I just turned 28, and spent the day alternately listening to records, fucking, and playing NES.
Sure.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

bizzle wrote:
DaMadFiddler wrote:I just turned 28, and spent the day alternately listening to records, fucking, and playing NES.
Sure.
:lol:
DanteJay
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DanteJay »

bizzle wrote:
Sure.
Rumors of your demise have been greatly exaggerated.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

bizzle wrote:
Sure.
Of course you have lots of sex, in between hanging around a forum where nobody likes you and pretending you are dead to seek attention.
DanteJay
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DanteJay »

BoneyCork wrote: Of course you have lots of sex, in between hanging around a forum where nobody likes you and pretending you are dead to seek attention.
So what you're saying is the only people attracted to bizzle are Necrophiliacs?
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

BoneyCork wrote:
bizzle wrote:
Sure.
Of course you have lots of sex, in between hanging around a forum where nobody likes you and pretending you are dead to seek attention.
I am fairly sure zerotype posted it and came up with the whole idea.. which was actually backed by |darc|, who participated in propagating the story. So if you want to make comments about it be sure to include them.

It's so much funnier when you know the whole story. LOL!

If anything, you should be thanking us because it increased forum traffic by 43%.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

bizzle wrote:
DaMadFiddler wrote:I just turned 28, and spent the day alternately listening to records, fucking a bowl of porridge, and playing NES.
Sure.

Fixed.
DanteJay
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DanteJay »

LOL
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

Tonight, I ate a PB&J sandwich, some pretzels and a small dollop of applesauce … and seven beers. I played some Call of Duty multiplayer with some friends and am now going to bed. At age 24, I haven't grown up yet and am enjoying it.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Did you all realize that The Matrix came out in not the previous decade, but the decade before that?
It's thinking...
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

|darc| wrote:Did you all realize that The Matrix came out in not the previous decade, but the decade before that?
Bricks have been shat.

On a more personal level, I'm now teaching students born AFTER I came to China. While not that amazing (considering how young they are), I still find it hard picturing a time when I was teaching at this school and they didn't exist. Doing placement tests and reading 2007/08 birthdates on the forms blows my mind. It may as well read "yesterday".