iPhone Recommendations

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Specially Cork
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Re: iPhone Recommendations

Post by Specially Cork »

melancholy wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:Replacing my computer with an iPad is looking pretty nice right about now.
I recently bought an iPad for my wife to replace her broken E-Reader. And let me tell you, despite the limited things you can do on an iPad, it has one gigantic benefit; if I want to look something up, I press a button and I'm online. When I first thought of the idea of the iPad, I thought it was dumb when you could just boot up a computer and do so much more. But that minute of booting has almost completely stopped me from ever turning on a computer.
Just picked up an iPad, bye bye computer.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Skynet »

BoneyCork wrote:
melancholy wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:Replacing my computer with an iPad is looking pretty nice right about now.
I recently bought an iPad for my wife to replace her broken E-Reader. And let me tell you, despite the limited things you can do on an iPad, it has one gigantic benefit; if I want to look something up, I press a button and I'm online. When I first thought of the idea of the iPad, I thought it was dumb when you could just boot up a computer and do so much more. But that minute of booting has almost completely stopped me from ever turning on a computer.
I've had my iPad for 3 months but can't quite make that switch yet. I think it's to do with touch screen typing. :? I prefer feedback of a keyboard. Maybe I should just buy a keyboard for it.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

It's not "replacing" my computer, especially when it comes to work, but it's already replaced most of my recreational use. Perhaps it's because I use my computer for work - I just can't relax at a desk. Being able to lie on the sofa/bed and entertain myself without lugging a laptop and power cable around is bliss.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Hasney wrote:Yeah, but my phone already does that. I barely ever browse the web on my home PC anymore, just leave it there for gaming and downloads.
I just can't browse the web on my iphone. Everything is far too small. :( It's good for looking stuff up when you're outside but that's about it for me.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

I love my ipad, but the most use it gets is for when I'm outside smoking, taking a shit, Netflix while cooking, or news in bed before I go to sleep. All of my browsing of the internet is still done primarily at my desktop, due to the fact that its still the unbeaten tool for the medium, but mainly because its where I always am.

And yes, sitting at my desktop is the most relaxing and comfortable spot in my life. it is my sanctuary.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

I'm really impressed with the reading, which is one of the main reasons I bought it (another, oops I moved to China problem). Got my first iPad edition of The Times today and realised just how much I miss newspapers. Got some nice .epubs for iBooks too.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Well, FF3 made it out. Almost 10 quid. Was about to not buy it then I checked the price of a new DS version and realised this version is somehow still cheaper - with improvements. Like I said before, I've actually never played it, so for me I could justify the ass-rape, but I guess the rest of you will have to decide for yourselves.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Just got Garageband for iPad. Best 3 quid I ever spent. App of the Gods.
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

BoneyCork wrote:
melancholy wrote:
The thing that really irritated me about my new iPad was the safari web browser. Having a nice big screen like that and not having tabbed browsing was bad. I downloaded atomic web browser and it is pretty good. I can now load up tabs in the background.

Games I like are

Real Racing 2 HD
World of Goo
Battle for Wesnoth HD
We Rule
Contract Killer
Great Little War Game

Reeder for my rss feeds
Friendly for facebook

Netflix
Vlc - which you cannot get anymore, maybe through jailbreaking.
Plex

There is a program out there called iswifter which will allow you to watch videos on hulu.

1Password
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

VLC is available on cydia. Amazing compatibility as expected, but most of my mkv chugs on the iPhone. iPad does much better with it. I'm on the lookout for a new web browser so will check out Atomic.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Order & Chaos Online, Gameloft's World of Warcraft clone is now out. £3.99 and you get 3 months free playtime. It's the standard dumbed-down yet faithful rip-off you can expect from Gameloft. I'm enjoying it on iPad, a bit cluttered on iPhone. Not sure I'd pay beyond 3 months unless they add more content - especially endgame and PvP. Worth a punt though.
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

Jesus christ, I just killed my phone playing Game Dev Story.

Great game.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

OK, Order & Chaos only runs on Wifi. So now I've got a portable watered-down WoW clone that only works at home, or in several locations where I'm not going to play it. There goes my plan for quick burst grinding when I'm out and about. Worthless to me now.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Worked like a champ. Thanks Hasney.

Got further into it now. It's certainly a version 1.0, but I coughed up another £1.60 for access through to January 2012. In-app purchases are limited to vanity items right now. I'm fine if it stays like that.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing is currently available for an introductory price of $1.99. It's better than the DS version and comes with all the features. Well worth the money, it's a great port.