Pokeymans

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Specially Cork
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Pokeymans

Post by Specially Cork »

Just got my copy of Pokemon White. Chose water starter. I thought I'd burnt out but I'm completely hooked again. They've streamlined a lot of stuff. Nothing but new Pokemon makes it even sweeter. Am I the only fan left on here? :wink:
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Pokeymans

Post by mrandyk »

I have no intentions of picking it up, I dont feel compelled at all to play it. I feel like the series lost its magic long ago, but the Diamond/Pearl installments were a huge step up from Ruby/Saphire. Many of the pokemon felt very familiar and there are far too many legendary pokemon. Is there any thing new or is it just new scenery and pokemon?
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

mrandyk wrote:I have no intentions of picking it up, I dont feel compelled at all to play it. I feel like the series lost its magic long ago, but the Diamond/Pearl installments were a huge step up from Ruby/Saphire. Many of the pokemon felt very familiar and there are far too many legendary pokemon. Is there any thing new or is it just new scenery and pokemon?
Nothing new of note beyond that. Graphics are a bit better, but it's the same formula. I don't want to like it, and I didn't think I would, but there's something about the repetition and nostalgia that's kinda addicting and relaxing.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

I might get it at some point, but I don't foresee getting it any time soon. Too many other games on my stack of games that need to be played first (Ar tonelico III is due out next week in the US, after all).
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

If I get a 3DS, I might get a copy. The last Pokémon game I played (Diamond?), I got bored. So I grabbed a hex editor and formed an army of mutated lvl. 99 Squirtles of various types. Unfortunately, I was too lazy to give them all sunglasses, although they were my personal Squirtle Squad to me.
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

pixel wrote:If I get a 3DS, I might get a copy. The last Pokémon game I played (Diamond?), I got bored. So I grabbed a hex editor and formed an army of mutated lvl. 99 Squirtles of various types. Unfortunately, I was too lazy to give them all sunglasses, although they were my personal Squirtle Squad to me.
I too mutated my pokemon last time I played. Battled one of my friends and brought out my special weapon, a magikarp that knows explosion. When you use an exploding magikarp on someone who has no idea you can edit pokemon saves its pretty funny.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

The last and only Pokemon game I've ever played is Red for the Gameboy. I just cannot get into any monster collection game.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

melancholy wrote:The last and only Pokemon game I've ever played is Red for the Gameboy. I just cannot get into any monster collection game.

Same here, although I had the Blue version. I loved it, as it was my very first turn-based RPG, but it just made me aware of things like Final Fantasy and I never went back.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

I was into Red and Blue back in the late 90s. Yellow is the farthest I've ever gone, though. I also used to watch the show until around 2000.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

i frigging hate anything pokemon with a passion. chrono trigger and earthbound still pwn all other turn based rpgs.
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

I hadn't gone further than gold/silver (never beat them got bored amongst over things), but I've started playing black. I honestly don't know if I'm going to finish it. Some of the pokemon seem cool, but others are just like jesus fucking christ what are you? I mean, in the old games I could at least tell what the type was pretty soon off the bat. I do love how they kept the same old sounds for a lot of stuff and even make a joke about "Someone's PC". I just got my second badge tonight and one thing I will say is that the game requires a lot less grinding. If you just have the right type of pokemon you can defeat the gym leaders no fucking problem.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God