pso plus don´t connect

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

shadowrod
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

pso plus don´t connect

Post by shadowrod »

Blue,

I got a copy of psogc plus and tried to connect.Well it does not connect...long time loading then error 101. However it can connect to my fuzziquer server.
shadowrod
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Re: pso plus don´t connect

Post by shadowrod »

Hey, using dr.dns I could finally connect with pso plus. Anyway only in Vega ship I could make a game.In others ships I only see a top view of Pioneer 2...forever.Even the server don´t count me "online" on sylverant server status page... :grin:
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Well, if it worked with Dr.DNS, then its probably just something that needed to be updated in the DNS Server for everyone else (or something screwy Sega did, possibly). I've never looked into PSO+, so I really don't know. If you get a chance, maybe you could look and see what the Dr.DNS log says that PSO is looking up when you connect. If its something that I don't have in my DNS, then I could add it pretty easily (once I know what it is).

Also, if you just end up with a top-down view of the lobby, then its probably that there is too much lag between your connection and the ship you picked. Iselia and Altimira are both hosted on the same machine, whereas Vega is not. So that explains why it wouldn't work with those two, but did with Vega.
shadowrod
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by shadowrod »

BlueCrab wrote:Well, if it worked with Dr.DNS, then its probably just something that needed to be updated in the DNS Server for everyone else (or something screwy Sega did, possibly). I've never looked into PSO+, so I really don't know. If you get a chance, maybe you could look and see what the Dr.DNS log says that PSO is looking up when you connect. If its something that I don't have in my DNS, then I could add it pretty easily (once I know what it is).

Also, if you just end up with a top-down view of the lobby, then its probably that there is too much lag between your connection and the ship you picked. Iselia and Altimira are both hosted on the same machine, whereas Vega is not. So that explains why it wouldn't work with those two, but did with Vega.
Blue,
The dns used by pso plus, which is showed in dr.dns screen is pso-gc01.sonic.isao.net (218.42.128.17) at port 9103 , which I believe it´s the same for japanese pso ep3. For solution, dr.dns gives dctalk.ath.cx , which redirects promptly to 67.222.144.120.Does it helps?
For the solution regarding top view pioneer 2 in pso plus, if you get a pc player to make a game, compatible with v1 and make all that stuff codes to allow gc players, then you can acess any ship and make a game with no panoramic pioneer 2 views :roll:
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Well, I didn't have that pso-gc01 address in the DNS for Sylverant, but its added now. As for it connecting on port 9103. I know that I don't open that port up at all in any of the server software. If I'm not mistaken though, the 9100 port numbers are the US versions of the game (9100 is US PSO Episodes I & II, 9000 or 9001 is Japanese). I'm not entirely sure how you would've connected at all if it was trying to use port 9103 unless Dr.DNS actually redirects it to a different port or something.
shadowrod
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by shadowrod »

I`m sorry BlueCrab...I posted the wrong port...it´s the 9003 one.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Even 9003 doesn't make much sense, since that port is never opened by the server. The only ports that are opened for game connections in login server are:
  • 9000 - JP PSO Eps I & II (1.0)
  • 9001 - JP PSO Eps I & II (1.1)
  • 9100 - US PSO Eps I & II + PSO for Windows (I think its this one... not that it matters too much, but it might be 9000)
  • 9200 - Dreamcast PSO (v1 and v2 -- all regions) (60 hz) + EU PSO Eps I & II (60 hz)
  • 9201 - Dreamcast PSO (v1 and v2 -- all regions) (50 hz) + EU PSO Eps I & II (50 hz)
  • 9300 - PSO for Windows
I guess something must be acting as some sort of proxy (possibly in Dr.DNS?).
shadowrod
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by shadowrod »

Well I got these redirect files to use in dr.dns from dctalk...which should work for pc...but works for pso plus...I have no clues. I´ll try again as soon as I get home.I´ll check those logs.Or perhaps it´s another crazy thing from the sega weirdos as you mentioned before.Anyway I believe the 9003 should be the port. I got the info below from fuzziqer network file:

Japanese_1.0_Port_GC 9000
Japanese_1.1_Port_GC 9001
Japanese_Ep3_Port_GC 9003
American_1.0/1.1_Port_GC 9100
American_Ep3_Port_GC 9103
European_1.0_Port_GC 9200
European_1.1_Port_GC 9201
European_Ep3_Port_GC 9203
Auth_Server_Port_GC 9115
Login_Server_Port_GC 9125
Last edited by shadowrod on Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
shadowrod
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by shadowrod »

Ok thats what dr.dns shows:

The Doctor's Office is now open.
Patient 189.4.xxx.xx:2043 has come to the Doctor for help.
The Patient is asking for pso-gc01.sonic.isao.net
The Doc uses "dctalk.ath.cx"!
The Doc has treated the patient with 67.222.144.120

that´s what is listed in redirect.txt:
dctalk.ath.cx dctalk.ath.cx
pso-dc.ath.cx dctalk.ath.cx
gsproduc.ath.cx dctalk.ath.cx
schthack.ath.cx dctalk.ath.cx
game01.st-pso.games.sega.net dctalk.ath.cx
pso.dream-key.com dctalk.ath.cx
pso01.dricas.ne.jp dctalk.ath.cx
game04.st-pso.games.sega.net dctalk.ath.cx
master.pso.dream-key.com dctalk.ath.cx
gc01.st-pso.games.sega.net dctalk.ath.cx

nothing else
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Well, if its just the dns issue for pso-gc01.sonic.isao.net, then you should be able to connect just by going at my normal DNS now. However, if there are other issues that somehow Dr.DNS deals with, then it won't work. Its as simple as that.
shadowrod
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by shadowrod »

Well it didn´t work...only with the help of dr.dns. Anyway you can say now that sylverant supports this version somehow :lol:

For the peopple who wants to connect to sylverant using pso plus for gc, use this guide:

1-Get dr.dns with its respective redirects from dreamcast talk page (don´t change anything);
2-use use your pc dns on gamecube side;
3-start dr.dns.
4-get online and have fun.

P.s.-Don´t try to download quests...the loading will freeze. Maybe because pso plus already has these quests in its offline mode.
- Only Vega ship is totally compatible...Iselia is also compatible, but needs a pc player to stablish connection, or else, you´ll get stuck in panoramic pioneer 2 top view. The same as for Altimira, but there are no gc quests whatsoever there ( Yeah Dc/pc only returned ).After stablishing a game, pc player may abandon game without any problems for gc.
Plus, transport beetween ships don´t work and the connection fails.

You may close this post if you want to BlueCrab and thanks for your patience and cooperation.
Last edited by shadowrod on Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

shadowrod wrote:- Only Vega ship is totally compatible...Iselia is also compatible, but needs a pc player to stablish connection, or else, you´ll get stuck in panoramic pioneer 2 top view. The same as for Altimira, but there are no gc quests whatsoever there ( Yeah Dc/pc only returned ).After stablishing a game, pc player may abandon game without any problems for gc.
I still think this is solely related to the location you are playing from. Vega, Altimira, and Iselia are all running the exact same version of the server software. Its just that Vega is located somewhere different in the world than the other two. There's no reason at all that one should work but the others not (other than some odd hop-count or something of the like on packets). Also, the pioneer 2 top view is usually due to lag that the game deems unacceptable (so once again, the location of the server matters).
shadowrod
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by shadowrod »

I´m a bit of a noob on that questions regarding programing Blue, I´m just informing what i´ve observed when I connect in those ships. So please, I´m sorry If I have been disturbing you about that...you know i´m just curious. :oops: Anyway, please explain me if the lag problem is the case here, why a pc connection stablish a pso plus game, I mean, not show that funny top view pioneer 2?
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Perhaps PSO+ has a lot more stringent rules for actually hosting a game than just joining one. I don't know for sure, as I've never come in contact with the game to start with... PSO in general has had many different wacky problems related to lag in all of its incarnations.