Wikipedia Nuke Patrol Returns

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Wikipedia Nuke Patrol Returns

Post by cube_b3 »

Wikipedia Administration is back on Nuke Patrol and are deleting several articles, we need votes to preserve these articles.

All you need to do is click the links and vote: KEEP with a brief reason.

RedSpotGames German Publisher of Independent Dreamcast Games
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia: ... dSpotGames

Creator of Rush Rush Rally Racing
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia: ... enile_Team

Upcoming Dreamcast game
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... &section=1

I felt best somebody else make a news post about this, as these are essentially articles written by me.
Specially Cork

Re: Wikipedia Nuke Patrol Returns

Post by Specially Cork »

I certainly support the redspotgames one, but you're not supposed to go hunting for votes to keep an article - and they've warned you about doing it on Wikipedia. This won't help the cause.
DanteJay
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by DanteJay »

Who is the troll trying to have the article about RedSpotGames deleted?

What harm is there in leaving the article on wikipedia?
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

BoneyCork wrote:I certainly support the redspotgames one, but you're not supposed to go hunting for votes to keep an article - and they've warned you about doing it on Wikipedia. This won't help the cause.
And it's pointless, because AfDs are not a vote in the first place. Any "votes" to keep an article that don't address the WP policy issues are just noise.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

DanteJay wrote:Who is the troll trying to have the article about RedSpotGames deleted?

What harm is there in leaving the article on wikipedia?
It may not sound like much when you apply that logic to one article, but justify one thing that way and you can potentially justify thousands more - leaving Wikipedia a huge crock of shit.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

BoneyCork wrote:I certainly support the redspotgames one, but you're not supposed to go hunting for votes to keep an article - and they've warned you about doing it on Wikipedia. This won't help the cause.
Yeah, I spoke to him.
DanteJay
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DanteJay »

BoneyCork wrote: It may not sound like much when you apply that logic to one article, but justify one thing that way and you can potentially justify thousands more - leaving Wikipedia a huge crock of shit.
Wikipedia isn't even a credible source (ie. they don't let you use it in school). This point aside, what's wrong with the article about RedSpotGames? I could appreciate the situation if the redspot article was false.
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

DanteJay wrote:Wikipedia isn't even a credible source (ie. they don't let you use it in school).
Generally, you're not supposed to cite any encyclopedia (unless encyclopedias are the topic).
This point aside, what's wrong with the article about RedSpotGames? I could appreciate the situation if the redspot article was false.
It's not a question of whether it's false. There are all kinds of entirely true things that don't belong in Wikipedia. For example, Wikipedia clearly doesn't need an article about the hilariously large order of nachos that my brother got at a Mexican restaurant last night. There are policies on this, and articles that don't satisfy the policies are supposed to be deleted.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Wikipedia isn't even a credible source (ie. they don't let you use it in school)
It's perfectly credible - it just isn't a source. Vegetables come from farms - not Walmart.
DanteJay
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DanteJay »

I'm not arguing semantics, my point was that in school we were allowed to use various encyclopedias for our projects, with wikipedia being the only exception. The teachers wouldn't allow use of it, cited or not.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

DanteJay wrote:I'm not arguing semantics, my point was that in school we were allowed to use various encyclopedias for our projects, with wikipedia being the only exception. The teachers wouldn't allow use of it, cited or not.
That's ridiculous.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

Yeah, schools hate it.

I just copy pasted the entire reference from the wiki page and got away with it ;).

Wikipedia isn't a reference but it has references, given that Jimmy Wales takes little responsibility on the sites content, it can not be deemed reliable, now look at our articles being deleted they aren't reliable cause all our references quote to either this very forum or redspotgames/senileteam/ngdevteam's official website.

Original Research has no place on wikipedia therefore it is not a reference for any kind, it is really that simple.
Stormwatch
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Stormwatch »

Well, I quoted Wikipedia heavily for my graduation thesis. :roll:
Lines join in faint discord and the Stormwatch brews
. . a concert of Kings as the white sea snaps
. . at the heels of a soft prayer
. . whispered
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

[QUOTE]That's ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

The thing that's ridiculous is that they allow quoting from published encyclopedias. As is though, wikipedia is still an excellent reference for school writing - just read the citations pages and use them instead of the main article.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Yeah that's exactly what I did.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

Okay update time:

Age of the Beast and Beats of Rage pages (not articles) have been restored, Senile Team's article has had almost all primary references substituted with nice secondary references.
Admins have been informed atleast Senile Team will be safe from now on, the war against rsg hasn't ended though.