Mass Effect 3

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Mass Effect 3

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WcQvjTcxY0

Another reason to live another year. Due to an accidental posting of the game on EA's online store for pre-order (it was immediately removed), we've learned a couple of pieces of information, such as that we're looking at a Q4 release... and much like the rallying of mercenaries and wanderers to your cause in ME2, it seems that you'll be doing a tour of the galaxy once again to raise support for the liberation of Earth. Apologies for the Mein Kampf-esque run-on sentence.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Re: Mass Effect 3

Post by mrandyk »

Am I the only one who thinks the games werent that good?
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

I hope so... Ive loved good scifi all my life, especially obsessed with Star Wars. And after playing these games multiple times through, as well as reading all 3 books... This is my favorite scifi universe of all time. The idea of The Reapers even puts the paranoia of The Matrix to shame, imho
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

I don't know why, but I pretty much dislike everything Bioware makes. I couldn't get into Knights of the Old Republic, I thought Jade Empire was meh, I skipped Mass Effect altogether and I absolutely hated Dragon Age.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

I'm through the introductory section of Mass Effect 1 right now. It's starting to pique my interest, although I was having my doubts at the beginning.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

melancholy wrote:I don't know why, but I pretty much dislike everything Bioware makes. I couldn't get into Knights of the Old Republic, I thought Jade Empire was meh, I skipped Mass Effect altogether and I absolutely hated Dragon Age.

Play Mass Effect.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

melancholy wrote:I don't know why, but I pretty much dislike everything Bioware makes. I couldn't get into Knights of the Old Republic, I thought Jade Empire was meh, I skipped Mass Effect altogether and I absolutely hated Dragon Age.
Let's not forget Sonic Chronicles.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

On the contrary... I've never been disappointed by anything from BioWare... I actually hold them in very high regard, and as one of the best studios around. I'm absolutely ecstatic for The Old Republic.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Just started Mass Effect. Already blown away.
DanteJay
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DanteJay »

I thought Jade Empire sucked. I just didn't "feel it". On the other hand I loved KOTOR 1 and 2. The battle system was sketchy, but the story, missions and dialogue choices were awesome. The fact that you could flirt or pick fights with people (or go out of your way to help people if you prefer light-side) was awesome. Mass Effect while more mature, has taken this to a much higher level. Give it a couple of hours before you're completely hooked.
Jeeba Jabba wrote:On the contrary... I've never been disappointed by anything from BioWare... I actually hold them in very high regard, and as one of the best studios around.
Their Wikipedia page states:
* Profit 100 – Canada's Fastest Growing Companies 2005 (Rank 81)
* In October 2008, BioWare was named one of Alberta's Top Employers by Mediacorp Canada Inc., which was announced by the Calgary Herald[18] and the Edmonton Journal.[19][20]

The full list of awards can be found on their web site.[21]

* Spike TV's 2010 Video Game Awards: Studio Of The Year (2010)
* Hall of Fame induction (2010)[22]
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Yeah... I can think of few games in the current generation I've been more satisfied with than Mass Effect. Great action, great choice/dialogue dynamics, great cut scene construction, great voice acting, really good storyline... Just great experiences all around. I couldn't really get into KOTOR because I found the core RPG gameplay boring - as compared to Baldur's Gate or Fallout, two vaguely similar RPGs I quite enjoyed. But stick in some well-handled FPS style gameplay, it's all good.

I only have two significant complaints that I can think of, both in Mass Effect 2. One is that shotguns are too weak unmodded (only people who play as Vanguard are likely to notice, but that's what I played as - if you haven't used them, shotguns only hold like 30 shots and the damage output at point blank range is like half any of the other types). And two, you have to do the resource mining crap FOR HOURS AND HOURS to not have any side characters die at the end.

Luckily, I had the PC version, and mods fixed both issues quite readily. Hurray!

Mass Effect 3 and Deus Ex: Human Revolution are the two games I'm most looking forward to at the moment.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.