Minecraft

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Minecraft

Post by pixel »

If you value your free time, loved ones and sleep, do not play this.
Specially Cork

Re: Minecraft

Post by Specially Cork »

I'm not too old to play with Lego, but Little Big Planet is a much better Lego set than this. I got bored quite quickly :(
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

Maybe so, but the more I think about Minecraft, the more I want to play it. Plus, it's 50% off right now, which includes free updates for life. The servers seem to be back up, so maybe I can finally try some multiplayer.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

I just realised whatever I was playing was Minecraft Classic. :oops:

I'm interested in the new one, but I can't use Paypal from China.

EDIT: I put in my Chinese credit card for a laugh and the payment went through. :mrgreen:
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by mrandyk »

Just started playing last week, weve been building 8 bit nes characters and a stairway to heaven where there is a massive fortress at the top.
Stryfe
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Stryfe »

Have any pics? What is 'Minecraft'?
ImageImageImageImage
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Fuck I'm hooked.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

BoneyCork wrote:Fuck I'm hooked.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

I started making a shelter, that basically started with a stairwell into a cave, then I figured out how to make proper stairs, so I redid all that, then I needed a fancy torchlit entrance, then I decided to get some flowers so I can find the place again, then I looked at my mountain and thought it looked pretty shit, so I'm now in the process of making it a ocd-pyramid type shape and it keeps going on and on...lookout towers next I think.

After that, I need to start working on some heavy duty path building to the nearest mine, along with lighting for night exploration, and I want to start tunnelling through to find some better materials. And glass...I definitely need some glass.

*goes back to play*
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

This is exactly the reason I have yet to play this game. I just don't trust my self not to lose my life to it...
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

It reminds me a lot of when I downloaded a sanbox map and infite money trainer for the original Rollercoaster Tycoon. I just spent hours making this ridiculously awesome theme park that was never quite right.
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

Nothing is ever good enough, you will just quit playing before you finish your place.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Last week I had never even heard of Minecraft. This week it's all anyone talks about. How in the world this this game become so popular in such a short period of time?
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

melancholy wrote:Last week I had never even heard of Minecraft. This week it's all anyone talks about. How in the world this this game become so popular in such a short period of time?
The big question is what about next week? While I am enjoying it now, I can already see the point where I quit and never bother playing again. The guy seems to be getting a nice little company together now and hiring staff - so hopefully some major content updates will start appearing in the coming months.
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

BoneyCork wrote:
melancholy wrote:Last week I had never even heard of Minecraft. This week it's all anyone talks about. How in the world this this game become so popular in such a short period of time?
The big question is what about next week? While I am enjoying it now, I can already see the point where I quit and never bother playing again. The guy seems to be getting a nice little company together now and hiring staff - so hopefully some major content updates will start appearing in the coming months.
Well in the game's defense it isnt finished yet. I have grown tired of playing this game unless I have someone playing with me. And this game really exploded in popularity, I hadnt heard of it when I started playing but within a day or two it started popping up everywhere.
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

Hy boneycork and all interested thought you might want to read this community interview with the creator http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comme ... _questions
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

BoneyCork wrote:
I'm really hoping for more content. I'd like to host a multiplayer survival server because the free play mode seems really boring to me. It sounds like Notch will work to add more facets to the game, which is good.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

I must say, I'm getting pretty tired of the monsters. Their shit AI, lame attacks and random spawning are making them an inconvenience rather than a fun threatening challenge. I'm pinning it down on the game being in alpha. I hope there's more point to them in the future - like some sort of first-person tower defense thing. Build by day, defend by night.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

BoneyCork wrote:I must say, I'm getting pretty tired of the monsters. Their shit AI, lame attacks and random spawning are making them an inconvenience rather than a fun threatening challenge. I'm pinning it down on the game being in alpha. I hope there's more point to them in the future - like some sort of first-person tower defense thing. Build by day, defend by night.
Whatever they do, I hope they provide options. The greatest reason I appreciate the game is how open it feels. There are no objectives, per se, and the person playing has to create all the items they need to play. Any new additions should either avoid asinine rules and limitations or allow the user to change the options. In Reddit's Minecraft subcategory, someone brought up a good point. What if there were different biomes within a standard map? Instead of hitting the bedrock and mining all the minerals withing the 10 block width, what if iron was found in only specific regions? I think more variety in scenery and mobs would help the gameplay.

I agree, the mobs are pretty aimless and lame. I wish it wasn't so hard to find feathers, because than I'd make more arrows and explore more during the night.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Like all games like this, I'd find it neat for probably a few hours than get bored from a lack of real goals. Most total sandbox games have a funny effect on me - they make me want to do stuff in real life and stop playing the game.

Multiplayer and maybe some tough survival missions with it would help though.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.