RSG's Solar Struggle Discussion

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

RSG's Solar Struggle Discussion

Post by cube_b3 »

Something big is going down at RedSpotGames and we aren't exactly sure what it is, it is fairly obvious though it is a new game in development.

"According to statements, the project will test wide-ranging possibilities for both the industry and the title’s chosen platform, which has never before featured a project of such quality and scope, and is sure to be closely watched by other developers and publishers."

They sure are creating the right amount of hype for it, the project is set to be revealed sometime next month with clues to be revealed as we get closer and closer to the revealation.

Our First clue so far has been this screenshot:
Heavily Photoshopped

Except "O" all the letters are obsecured but we can assume the games title will include 2 words a 5 letter one and an eight letter one.

From the looks of the space theme of the screenshot, it may very well be another shooter however extensive voice work is being recorded for the game and veteran voice actor David Micheal Williamson is one of the actors revealed to be lending his voice to the game.

Furthermore RSG is giving the community a chance to participate in the game:
"The voice recordings for our upcoming videogame have started. As a special service for our fans we are inviting them to a recording session on July 25th 2010 to the “BARBEQ-Sound” studio in the south of Munich (Germany) where they can speak non-player characters and get credited in the game! If you are nearby or want to join the spreakers anyway (native US American English speaker, male or female, we can arrange something even if you can not come to Munich), write us an email to following address:

jobs at red spot games dot com "

Given that Germany is several hours ahead of America, those intrested to send in their voices better rush.

Lastly and most importantly RSG have not annouced the platform this game is going to be on nonetheless all previous games from the publisher have been on the Dreamcast, let's hope nothing changes.

We have sent RedSpotGames an email to confirm whether the game is on route for Dreamcast or another unannounced platoform.

Source: RedSpotGames

Update 24th July

Due to Non Disclosure Agreements RSG can not reveal the platform.

read the email response under the comments.

Update 29th July

As predicted RSG have revealed the genre of the game to be another shooter specifically a "3D Arcade Space Shooter".

They also hnted that the game has employed motion capture work, they haven't revealed the platform just yet however they will by the end of the week.
30th August

15 days ago on 16th July, RedSpotGames made an announcement for make an announcement in 2 weeks which as every one guessed had to be an announcement concerning a new game, six days later on 23rd July they revealed that they were indeed developing a new game, in addition to publishing they would be more proactively involved in the development and production.

They also discussed their ambitious plans to push the limits of their games choosen platform with their quality and scope, and to back up their claims revealed noteable voice actors involved in the game, simultaneously offering the community a chance to be a part of their game by voicing NPC's (non playable characters).

Over the next few days they revealed the genre; "Arcade style space shooter", experenced PC game designers Z-Software) as the developers, ingame space ship model.

Yesterday they reveal the name of the game; Solar Struggle as well as a trailer and a website which has a countdown time (to reveal the platform and then most likely the website):

While the teaser does show beautiful CGI, it isn't enough to determine if it is pushing the quality of the system as Dreamcast has several gorgeous shooters, that play as good as they look (but their is a chance it may not be on DC).

Hiding the platform till the last second feels strange but even Sega used it with Sonic The Hedgehog 4 (the iPhonelogo was release was censored on the site for a while). DCEmu tryed probing RSG to confirm a Dreamcast release but were denied due to non disclosure agreements, nonetheless we're confident it has to be on Dreamcast otherwise RSG will have to face off with several angry DC fan boys.

Cryptic Allusion'sf forums were bombarded with DC fanboys begging them to continue developing for DC, when they revealed to Sega Nerds that Donk was their last game for DC

To see screenshots, and concept art click the comments or wait till we update the news post after the website launches.
Update 3rd/August

Solar Struggle has been announced for PC/XBLA.

We don't know if RSG has decided to move on, while R4 was a success, RSG admitted that it has been hard to get Dreamcast owners to make friends with Wind & Water. We have sent RSG an email for comment, nonetheless if they indeed moved on we would like to thank RSG for the games they distributed and published.

We wish RSG the very best with future endeavors and hope they accomplish their goals with Solar Struggle.

We will not be reporting any further updates on Solar Struggle, unless it is related to Dreamcast.
Last edited by cube_b3 on Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:02 am, edited 6 times in total.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Re: RedSpotGames New Game

Post by cube_b3 »

So yeah RSG will be making an announcment in 2 weeks :P

Feel free to make the required changes.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Re: RedSpotGames New Game | Updated 24th/July

Post by cube_b3 »

Does that give anybody else a bad feeling in there tummy.

On one hand they are talking about pushing the limits of a platform and on the other they are not revealing said platform. It has to be the Dreamcast right? I don't see them pushing the limits of GP32, iPhones, 360, PS3, Pii etc?
Basil
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Been thanked: 0

Post by Basil »

Does that give anybody else a bad feeling in there tummy.
I can see no reason to hide the release platform .That`s strange for me .
DCDayDreamer
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected
Has thanked: 0

Post by DCDayDreamer »

If this is a Dreamcast announcement, it better be waaaaay beyond what Rand Linden did many years ago.

"sure to be closely watched by other developers and publishers"

That statement of course depends on the platform, if it is the Dreamcast - then that narrows it down to every homebrew/independent enthusiast and the GOAT store.

Although I really love to be surprised by Dreamcast independent releases, the call for voice actors from the community to contribute to a project has already been done with Alice Dreams. If RedSpotGames can come up with something different I'll be a happy man, if not, I'll be playing Feet of Fury for another year.
Across the Universe
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Solar something
Neoblast
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Neoblast »

Humm Solar Skirmish?
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

COCKS SUDDENLY?
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

SONIC: ASTROHOG

Checkmate bitches.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

DCDayDreamer wrote:If this is a Dreamcast announcement, it better be waaaaay beyond what Rand Linden did many years ago.

"sure to be closely watched by other developers and publishers"

That statement of course depends on the platform, if it is the Dreamcast - then that narrows it down to every homebrew/independent enthusiast and the GOAT store.

Although I really love to be surprised by Dreamcast independent releases, the call for voice actors from the community to contribute to a project has already been done with Alice Dreams. If RedSpotGames can come up with something different I'll be a happy man, if not, I'll be playing Feet of Fury for another year.
If a game is pushing the limits of Dreamcast, then it will make it to other video game sites and motivate others to acknowledge it, basically 2 games were announced on 9/9/9 but only R4 made it to Game Trailers and Kotaku, so if this game adds something new to the scene it will be watched closer than a puzzler or shooter.

As for Alice Dreams out yet?
From what I gathered from the dated website it is been in demo stages from almost a decade.

If this is indeed a Dreamcast game, than it will most certainly come out before the end of the year and my money would be around September to cash in Dreamcast Nostalgia.
Mekanaizer
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Mekanaizer »

Solar ________.
[center]Image[/center]
[center] Don't dream, play DreamCast!!![/center]
Stryfe
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Stryfe »

Great...!

A professionally programmed Dreamcast game that actually utilizes more than it's 2D ability?

Probably more of a move to the next (already) retro system, the Sony PSP............maybe.
ImageImageImageImage
patbier
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by patbier »

BILAL_XIA wrote: As for Alice Dreams out yet?
From what I gathered from the dated website it is been in demo stages from almost a decade.
Please don't laugh at Alice Dreams...
ImageAlice Dreams Tournament Dreamcast fans : http://www.facebook.com/alicedreamst
In August 2015, we had to change "Dynamite Dreams" name to "Alice Dreams Tournament"
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

Alice Dreams is awesome. Easily one of the best Dreamcast homebrew games ever.

- Looking soooo forward to Dynamite Dreams!
Insane homebrew collector.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

I am not laughing at it, I just said it's been in development forever just like DONK.

Now Duke Nukem Forever employed a lot of things other games didn't but the game never came out so the records that DNF should've set were all accomplished by other studios because they were able to bring it to consumers before 3DRealms.

So for community based NPC voice over award would go to RSG unless the game doesn't come out on Dreamcast or Alice Dreams is released before their new game.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

Z-Software develops the still unknown game which redspotgames has already announced last week, the Munich-based company disclosed today.

The Dortmund-based Z-Software GmbH already made their mark with the 3D spaceshooter “Doxan” and the internationally well-known “Handball Simulator 2010: European Tournament”. It is the first true simulation of the popular ball game on the PC. The company was founded back in 2008, comprises a team of 5 employees and also offers further services such as motion capturing. A couple of freelancers have been involved to the secret project as well.

redspotgames supports the title as a cooperation partner and involves themselves with voice recordings et al. Due to today’s website update it was also made public that the first part of the project name contains the word “Solar”.

Additionally it has been revealed that it’s a “3D Arcade Space Shooter”. The game offers 11 diversified and action loaded missions and a “Skirmish” mode, that contains a battle area in which the player has to compete against a wave of enemies. You’ll find 3D models of the ships attached.

The complete name and target platform will be revealed until end of this week.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Stripped Off

Post by cube_b3 »

I've stripped off all the content from here to the other one
Attachments
barbeq_sound_01.jpg
barbeq_sound_01.jpg (75.56 KiB) Viewed 9900 times
3D_model_destroyer-250x250.jpg
3D_model_destroyer-250x250.jpg (11.9 KiB) Viewed 9894 times
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (56.36 KiB) Viewed 9896 times
Last edited by cube_b3 on Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:58 pm, edited 9 times in total.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Re: RSG Announces "Solar Struggle"

Post by cube_b3 »

Christ feel free to make the necessary edits, I won't attach the rest of the pictures yet I want to do alittle photoshopping will upload the ones with with backgrounds that compliment are sites white background.

EDIT: I won't be editing any pictures now and it is good that I didn't waste my time more than I already did.

Here is what I would like to say to RSG:
Last edited by cube_b3 on Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DCDayDreamer
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DCDayDreamer »

That is a nice teaser, if this game is destined for the Dreamcast console - I sincerely wish RedSpotGames the best of luck with it.

The downside for me though, is the title of the game, I'm really not sure about it (it's already a bit of an anti-climax after the initial hype). Having Solar in there is cool but Struggle seems to dampen the impact of the name for me.

Off topic here for a minute, but as soon as I heard the first few seconds of the soundtrack for the teaser video I immediately thought of Dino Crisis for some reason, this of course means one of two things, I have either got a distant memory about a particular theme from the Dino Crisis game or I'm actually going senile (it's probably the latter).
Across the Universe
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

I can't remember any memorable theme for the orignal but the sequel which was suppose to come out for Dreamcast, had probably something that may qualify as similar to this in the 1st CGI movie (in other words the clip that plays when you started the game and confronted Trex).

Ofcourse I am also doing this from memory haven't played DC1 or 2 for like 6 years.