Tv-loution

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Re: Tv-loution

Post by cube_b3 »

Alright you won't believe this I just went to Sony Center, Samsung and LG Showrooms.

Sony did not have any Plasma's in stock and the floor manager told me that Plasma's are a thing of the past and Sony doesn't carry them anymore.

EDIT: I couldn't find Plasma's at Sony Website they were at Amazon, so are Plasma's dead.

I thought you guys said it was better, I don't trust the Sony guy cause Sony American website still has plasma models but tell me doesn't an led-LCD exceed a plasma in image quality.

Then I went to Samsung but due to licensing issues all Samsung stores are closed as Samsung are involved in a court battle in regards to cheating their soul distributor (apparently Samsung CE was supplying products to others in the country and the distributor sued Samsung for going against the dealership agreement and closed all his showrooms until the court battle ends), so I went to LG even though I always preferred Samsung, they had Plasma's in stock and the floor manager told me Sony is fucked in the head and they are only bad mouthing it cause they don't have it.

While listening to his techno babble I forgot to ask him if Led-LCD exceeds plasma.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Lartrak »

Go to a regular electronics store, and you'll still see tons of new plasma sets. And new ones are still being developed. From what I can gather, the black levels on LCDs are finally getting to plasma levels, but in color reproduction the best plasmas are still the best.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

I have a 50" Plasma Samsung and I love it. The colors are fucking unmatched compared to all of my friends' DLPs and LCDs. Especially in a dark room.

Sucks that they only last 7-9 years, but I'll have something better by then anyway.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe