Graduating from college

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
DuffMan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Graduating from college

Post by DuffMan »

Well, I am finally graduating from Arizona State with a degree in Biology. It's a scary feeling since all I have ever known is school, and what classes I need to take to reach the goal line. That's the newest development in my life. Hope everyone else is doing well as well!
OOH! YA! Duffman Says a lot of things.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Re: Graduating from college

Post by pixel »

I'm actually leaving college (i.e. COLLEGE DROPOUT!!1) for a few semesters. I've switched a few times and ended up in journalism/media production. Everything was going well until I was offered a good paying, stable newspaper job in Minnesota. Since I hate school, I decided to go for it. It's been five years since I enrolled into this place and my sanity is wearing thin. Plus, my current roommate is moving to the same town anyway. I managed to find an apartment less than a block away. And, one of our best friends already lives there. All in all, it seemed like destiny.

Worst comes to worst, I'll move in with my parents.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Best comes to best, you'll move in with me.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

pixel wrote:I'm actually leaving college (i.e. COLLEGE DROPOUT!!1) for a few semesters. I've switched a few times and ended up in journalism/media production. Everything was going well until I was offered a good paying, stable newspaper job in Minnesota. Since I hate school, I decided to go for it. It's been five years since I enrolled into this place and my sanity is wearing thin. Plus, my current roommate is moving to the same town anyway. I managed to find an apartment less than a block away. And, one of our best friends already lives there. All in all, it seemed like destiny.

Now really doesn't seem like the best time to be staking everything on a newspaper position, but good luck with that :? Just make sure you have a backup plan for when the paper folds or downsizes.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Newspapers will never die because the internet is just a fad that I doubt will ever really catch on.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

pixel wrote:I'm actually leaving college (i.e. COLLEGE DROPOUT!!1) for a few semesters. I've switched a few times and ended up in journalism/media production. Everything was going well until I was offered a good paying, stable newspaper job in Minnesota. Since I hate school, I decided to go for it. It's been five years since I enrolled into this place and my sanity is wearing thin. Plus, my current roommate is moving to the same town anyway. I managed to find an apartment less than a block away. And, one of our best friends already lives there. All in all, it seemed like destiny.

My life story is pretty similar. I'm living with my mother now since she lets me live here for free as long as I'm still going to school. However, part time jobs are slim to none here unless you like working fast food, so I'm unemployed and not really getting anywhere. I still can't drive, and I can't even begin to start saving for my own place. I'd really like to take a few semesters off so I can get a full time job and afford my own car and apartment. I'm just afraid that I won't want to go back to school, and my family will think I'm a failure. Also, once I drop out, even if it's temporary, I have to start paying off college debt.

And oddly enough you and I have the same major too, though I may switch to Advertising soon.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

I think you should stay in school and suck it up and flip burgers. That's the only reasonable option.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Come work for me in China. I've got 2 positions opening up in mid-July and August.
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

Fine, boney, what do you want me to do?
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

DaMadFiddler wrote:

Now really doesn't seem like the best time to be staking everything on a newspaper position, but good luck with that :? Just make sure you have a backup plan for when the paper folds or downsizes.
Sorry, let me elaborate:
Worst comes to worst, I'll move in with my parents and continue school.

I've worked the new job for a week now. We'll see what I want to do in a year. My guess is something different.