Trivia Game For Dreamcast

This is a forum for discussing the feasibility of getting emulators, games, or other applications that have had their source released ported to the Dreamcast. Please read the Porting FAQ before starting a topic in this forum!
IiLuSiv
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Trivia Game For Dreamcast

Post by IiLuSiv »

I think it would be interesting to create a game engine and interface that could allow a 4 player trivia game ala You Don't Know Jack for Dreamcast.

I'd like people to be able to update the body of questions via the DC keyboard, categorize them, and perhaps input voice either from VMU, burn or possible with VMU Microphone.

That is essentially the limited idea and easily achieved idea.

The expanded and more complex idea would be to link that interface with a first person engine, halflife, doom, quake or other. Be able to create a full 3d environment, with mini games as well as Trivia for multiple players.

The environment and theme would be horror, and thriller. It would akin to a hauned house, perhaps taking place in hell and purgatory. I think it is a pretty cool idea, what do you all think?
Last edited by IiLuSiv on Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have a secret...
you
got
punkd
lo

ser
DCDayDreamer
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Trivia Game For Dreamcast

Post by DCDayDreamer »

Trivia games really appeal to me, it certainly means using more brain power than your average 'off the shelf' game (move cursor/character, walk, run, jump, crouch, dodge, punch, kick, shoot etc., etc., etc. - mankind has trained apes to do better than that!).

An often forgotten (and not yet used, abused, and expanded by DCEvo) game of similar nature would be:

Pop A Cap

It's not exactly what you are asking about, but it's a step in the right direction.
Across the Universe