Law56kers Nxdoom Collection Released!

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Re: Law56kers Nxdoom Collection Released!

Post by law56ker »

Superstrider wrote:I've managed to obtain the DOOM2.WAD and add it to the Doom Folder, but I'm having problems with the burning process... I assemble the Discjuggler Image in Bootdreams, but when I burn it within Bootdreams, I get a non-bootable disc. I stick it in the disc drive of my computer to check if the files are still there, but all I get is a music cd with one track on it... No data what-so-ever... I tried this at least 4 times, on multiple computers... Please tell me what I'm doing wrong...
How old is your dreamcast? Some newer models won't read cdrs. How fast did you burn the disc? I recommended 2x. Make sure your not using cdrws, the dreamcast can't read those.

What version of disc juggler did you burn the disc with? Other than that I'm not sure what the problem could be.
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

linlinlol wrote:how the hell did it make it on slashdot
http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?si ... 20/2220234
Because it's big news to the Mid-core Gamer. I hope I see a seanbajuice review soon.
Superstrider
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
Been thanked: 0

Post by Superstrider »

law56ker wrote: How old is your dreamcast? Some newer models won't read cdrs. How fast did you burn the disc? I recommended 2x. Make sure your not using cdrws, the dreamcast can't read those.

What version of disc juggler did you burn the disc with? Other than that I'm not sure what the problem could be.
1. Mine is the 1999 model. I know it can play burned games since a majority of my collection is burned, as well as homebrewed. (I'm quite adept with Bootdreams and modding games, so I don't think that this is the problem.)

2. I used Bootdreams at 8x to burn the disc, since the trial version of Discjuggler doesn't burn more than 700 MB to a disc. Considering that adding only DOOM2.WAD and assembling the disc image creates an 750 MB image, I opted to use Bootdreams.

I'll attempt to burn the disc again. I'll let you know of the result.
Sonic RPG Demo #3 Complete!
Click to Download!

Progress of Sonic RPG: First 15 Chapters Complete!
Chapter 16: The Martial Art Tournament 0% Completed

My Deviantart
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

Try burning via CDRecord GUI if you're not already.
Superstrider
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Superstrider »

I have, and still, the game will not boot up. I think that there may be a flaw in either the 1ST_READ.BIN or IP.BIN. I say this since the system resets in an indefinite loop. I know that it's not the system itself, since I have no problems with any of my other homebrewed games.
Sonic RPG Demo #3 Complete!
Click to Download!

Progress of Sonic RPG: First 15 Chapters Complete!
Chapter 16: The Martial Art Tournament 0% Completed

My Deviantart
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Superstrider wrote: I used Bootdreams at 8x to burn the disc, since the trial version of Discjuggler doesn't burn more than 700 MB to a disc. Considering that adding only DOOM2.WAD and assembling the disc image creates an 750 MB image, I opted to use Bootdreams.
A 750MB CDI file doesn't mean it's burning >700MB to disc. Try burning the image with DiscJuggler.
It's thinking...
Basil
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Basil »

I know link will be deleted but there are SelfBoot Images !
removed
m/b someone reupload it .
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

linlinlol wrote:how the hell did it make it on slashdot
http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?si ... 20/2220234
Well, this collection (and nxDOOM) deserved it.
Insane homebrew collector.
Stryfe
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Stryfe »

Hey thanks for this hidden gem...! 8-) I just realized this was here.

I've been enjoying this for the last couple hours, but I have a question.

Is there a program that will let me load up these wads to play on my PC as well?
ImageImageImageImage
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

I'm not sure, it would be nice though wouldn't it.
spinksy
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by spinksy »

Right, after seeing all them games I really want to play this. I've just downloaded it and am now going to try and find & download the 2 parts I need (doo2.wad and doomu.wad) - or do they have to be from the retial version? (rather than off the internet)
Dreamcast, it's still thinking.

Over-clocked : Dreamcast currently running at 240Mhz (switchable)

Internal VGA, extra cooling fans, disc activity LED, SD card reader done :-)

Dreamcast HD wanted
spinksy
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by spinksy »

Anybody got a link to a doom2.wad v1.9 download?

and a doomu.wad download?

EDITED-

I managed to download a doom2.wad (aint sure if its v1.9 though tbh) and got the game to boot up - but most of the games on the disc 1 dont work. When I select a game to play it starts loading then comes up with an error message after a few seconds saying-

nxDoom Beta 2 - Fatal Error

R. InitSprites: No patches found for POSS frame D

-that was what come up when I tryed to load the aliens one. With other games its the same error message just slightly different at the end (after 'No patches found for-)

The only game I've got to work so far is Doom2 extreme.

Anyone any ideas?

Dreamcast HD wanted
Chilly Willy
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Chilly Willy »

You could always try it on my port: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=99396

I'm also interested in how my port runs in high res at 240 MHz. It can be a little slow on a stock DC, averaging 15 to 20 FPS depending on the scene and bad guys present.

Anywho, it's VERY easy to use patches with my port: in the GUI, you can select the IWAD file, up to four PWAD files, and up to four DEH files. For PWADs that replace a specific level, my pot also lets you set the entry level via the GUI.
spinksy
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by spinksy »

ok thanks - now downloading.

I just tryed the snes4all emulater with my Dreamcast set on 240Mhz and it ran sweet.

I really want to try the Aliens vs Predator vs Terminator Doom mod, the goldeneye one and the N64 graphics mod.

Dreamcast HD wanted
spinksy
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by spinksy »

right - I just downloaded your version - to get AvPvT mod to work on yours I just transfer the files for that game right?

As in there's 2 files (thats all I can see anyway) for AvPvT - theres a HTML Document and a WAD file.

Do I put the WAD file in the IWAD folder and the HTML document I aint sure about? Or do I put both in 1 of the pwad folders (namely D2)

....and then I need a wad file from a previous PC Doom game in too right?

Sorry for all the questions - just can't keep wasting cd-rs.........and I'm trying to learn :wink:

Dreamcast HD wanted
Chilly Willy
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Chilly Willy »

spinksy wrote:right - I just downloaded your version - to get AvPvT mod to work on yours I just transfer the files for that game right?

As in there's 2 files (thats all I can see anyway) for AvPvT - theres a HTML Document and a WAD file.

Do I put the WAD file in the IWAD folder and the HTML document I aint sure about? Or do I put both in 1 of the pwad folders (namely D2)

....and then I need a wad file from a previous PC Doom game in too right?

Sorry for all the questions - just can't keep wasting cd-rs.........and I'm trying to learn :wink:
IWAD files go in the iwad directory, PWAD files in the pwad directory, and DEH files in the deh directory. You can actually put them anywhere, but the file requester I wrote defaults to starting in those directories for those files, so you might as well use them that way.

Read the HTML file - it probably explains about the wad file. If it's a PWAD, put it in the pwad directory. The HTML file will tell you which version of Doom to use with it - Doom or Doom2. For example, if it says it's a Doom 2 patch, select doom2.wad as the IWAD, and that wad file as the first patch wad in the GUI.

If that file is a complete replacement for the IWAD, I'd make a subdirectory in the iwad directory and put that wad file in it. Name it according to which Doom IWAD it replaces - if it's a Doom 2 replacement IWAD, name the file doom2.wad. My port of Doom expects the IWAD file to have a particular name: doomu.wad for ult Doom, doom2.wad for Doom 2, tnt.wad for TNT, etc. This is mentioned in the readme for the port.
spinksy
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by spinksy »

Right, got it to work!! :grin: :grin: :grin:

Turns out the Doom2.wad file I downloaded was an old version (not 1.9 version), so I tracked down the iwad patcher v1.1 and patched it from v1.666 to 1.9 - put the wad file in the folder, burned etc and works a treat!!!

Thanks for the help!!

going to try it at 240mhz in a minute :wink:

Dreamcast HD wanted
Chilly Willy
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Chilly Willy »

There's a FPS setting in the video menu of the GUI. That's where you also set the resolution as well. Don't set the vertical blank sync option - that limits the video to a max of 30 FPS, but since the game runs at 35 Hz, it spends much of the game below 25 Hz due to the offset. If you REALLY want to see the FULL speed of Doom, go to the game options in the GUI and enable Force Demo, set Play Demo to 1 (or 2 or 3... it's the demo # to play), and enable Time Demo. That will make Doom play the demo at full speed, then quit. In low res, the FPS will vary from 40 to 60 FPS. You'll get the average FPS at the end after dying.
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

Hey chilly willy, I assume your the same guy who has done all the great work for the PSP? I haven't played your doom port, does it have a mod load menu similar to doomxm where you put add txt entrys that allows you pick and choose which one you want to load? It's a handy feature.

Do you have any other projects in the works for the Dreamcast or PSP.
Chilly Willy
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Chilly Willy »

Yeah, same chilly. :)

My Doom has a GUI that allows you to set most of the settings, as well as pick an iwad, up to four pwads, and up to four deh files. You can save the settings under different names you can load later from the GUI.

I'm working on OpenAL for the DC right now so I can then look into AvP on the DC. I'll probably get back on the PSP sometime later this fall.