"Security" firm in Iraq used child prostitutes.

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
U-said-it
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

"Security" firm in Iraq used child prostitutes.

Post by U-said-it »

New disturbing charges have emerged against XE, the infamous private security firm formerly known as Blackwater Worldwide, whose operations came under spotlight after its 2007 carnage in Baghdad.

According to a report by MSNBC and based on alleged sworn declarations by two Blackwater employees in federal court, the firm used child prostitutes at its compound in Baghdad's fortified Green Zone.

The declarations added Iraqi minors got involve in sexual acts with Blackwater members in exchange for one dollar and Erik Prince, the firm's owner, "failed to stop the ongoing use of prostitutes, including child prostitutes, by his men."

Based on other statements, the firm was involved in another sex scandal; "Prince's North Carolina operations had an ongoing wife-swapping and sex ring, which was participated in by many of Mr. Prince's top executives."
But what I find most disturbing about these one dolla hollas, other than the Obama administration renewing it's contract for 20 million, is this.
The two employees also alleged that Prince "views himself as a Christian crusader tasked with eliminating Muslims and the Islamic faith from the globe," The Nation reported.
Way to diffuse the tensions in a region that views us as Christian invaders, trying to destroy Islam.

--Full Article--

The owner of the mercenary group Xe, oops I mean "contractor", Eric Prince's wiki article: Wikipedia
ImageImage
bloodite
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Re: "Security" firm in Iraq used child prostitutes.

Post by bloodite »

The use of mercenaries by government should be illegal IMHO. Just another way to skirt the oversight that occurs under the proper military. Seriously, if you cant fight a war without fighting dirty, why bother justifying the war itself at all? I mean its not like anyone actually believed there was a legitimate reason for it in the first place.

Frankly Im surprised there still an ounce of honour or credibility left for America.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

bloodite wrote:Frankly Im surprised there still an ounce of honour or credibility left for America.

It's all been stolen by Canada.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

bloodite wrote:The use of mercenaries by government should be illegal IMHO. Just another way to skirt the oversight that occurs under the proper military. Seriously, if you cant fight a war without fighting dirty, why bother justifying the war itself at all? I mean its not like anyone actually believed there was a legitimate reason for it in the first place.

Frankly Im surprised there still an ounce of honour or credibility left for America.
The use of mercenaries actually generally is illegal. But they get around that by hiring them as private security to guard/patrol areas, rather than actually doing "army" stuff. That's why you didn't see the mercs (honestly, that's exactly what they are) doing stuff like clearing cities in the initial invasion.

There's actually some good cited info on the wiki entry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercenary
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
bloodite
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by bloodite »

Jeeba Jabba wrote:
bloodite wrote:Frankly Im surprised there still an ounce of honour or credibility left for America.

It's all been stolen by Canada.
If its been stolen by my country I sure as hell dont see it, my country is guilty of using these "Private Security" forces as well. Don't think because I question your country that I have any love for my own. its just as guilty. I am not a blind patriot, but a realist who seeks transparency and accountability from my country, and so should all americans, as your forefathers intended. The use of these forces are an obvious use of passive plausible deniability. The fact they have to find a loophole shows no honor in these tactics.

The only people fighting in this war should be accountable, but that would stymie the entire idea for this war wouldnt it? Beyond Afghanistan there was no real purpose. Even Afghanistan is mired in grey, retribution for an attack that was retribution in itself. Retarded world pissing contests with the soldiers actually believing they are making a diffrerence the ultimate victims.

Neither Canada nor the U.S. have much in the way of moral high ground but staying out of the iraq war was a good step. its a shame most people in the western world have forgotten what made these countries great to begin with: independance and control of the government through the people.

But since the gov. is only as good as the people who control them, the true blame is laid at our own feet.