Bill Killed

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Bill Killed

Post by DaMadFiddler »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090604/ap_ ... carradine3
BANGKOK – Actor David Carradine, star of the 1970s TV series "Kung Fu" who also had a wide-ranging career in the movies, has been found dead in the Thai capital, Bangkok. A news report said he was found hanged in his hotel room and was believed to have committed suicide.

A spokesman for the U.S. Embassy, Michael Turner, confirmed the death of the 72-year-old actor. He said the embassy was informed by Thai authorities that Carradine died either late Wednesday or early Thursday, but he could not provide further details out of consideration for his family.

The Web site of the Thai newspaper The Nation cited unidentified police sources as saying Carradine was found Thursday hanged in his luxury hotel room.

It said Carradine was in Bangkok to shoot a movie and had been staying at the hotel since Tuesday.

The newspaper said Carradine could not be contacted after he failed to appear for a meal with the rest of the film crew on Wednesday, and that his body was found by a hotel maid at 10 a.m. Thursday morning. The name of the movie was not immediately available.

It said a preliminary police investigation found that he had hanged himself with a cord used with the room's curtains. It cited police as saying he had been dead at least 12 hours and there was no sign that he had been assaulted.

A police officer at Bangkok's Lumpini precinct station would not confirm the identity of the dead man, but said the luxury Swissotel Nai Lert Park hotel had reported that a male guest killed himself there.

Carradine was a leading member of a venerable Hollywood acting family that included his father, character actor John Carradine, and brother Keith.

In all, he appeared in more than 100 feature films with such directors as Martin Scorsese, Ingmar Bergman and Hal Ashby. One of his prominent early film roles was as singer Woody Guthrie in Ashby's 1976 biopic "Bound for Glory."

But he was best known for his role as Kwai Chang Caine, a Shaolin priest traveling the 1800s American frontier West in the TV series "Kung Fu," which aired in 1972-75.

He reprised the role in a mid-1980s TV movie and played Caine's grandson in the 1990s syndicated series "Kung Fu: The Legend Continues."

He returned to the top in recent years as the title character in Quentin Tarantino's two-part saga "Kill Bill."

The character, the worldly father figure of a pack of crack assassins, was a shadowy presence in 2003's "Kill Bill — Vol. 1." In that film, one of Bill's former assassins (Uma Thurman) begins a vengeful rampage against her old associates.

In "Kill Bill — Vol. 2," released in 2004, Thurman's character comes face to face again with Bill himself. The role brought Carradine a Golden Globe nomination as best supporting actor.

Bill was a complete contrast to his TV character Kwai Chang Caine, the soft-spoken refugee from a Shaolin monastery, serenely spreading wisdom and battling bad guys in the Old West. He left after three seasons, saying the show had started to repeat itself.

After "Kung Fu," Carradine starred in the 1975 cult flick "Death Race 2000." He starred with Liv Ullmann in Bergman's "The Serpent's Egg" in 1977 and with his brothers in the 1980 Western "The Long Riders."

But after the early 1980s, he spent two decades doing mostly low-budget films. Tarantino's films changed that.

"All I've ever needed since I more or less retired from studio films a couple of decades ago ... is just to be in one," Carradine told The Associated Press in 2004.

"There isn't anything that Anthony Hopkins or Clint Eastwood or Sean Connery or any of those old guys are doing that I couldn't do," he said. "All that was ever required was somebody with Quentin's courage to take and put me in the spotlight."

One thing remained a constant after "Kung Fu": Carradine's interest in Oriental herbs, exercise and philosophy. He wrote a personal memoir called "Spirit of Shaolin" and continued to make instructional videos on tai chi and other martial arts.

In the 2004 interview, Carradine talked candidly about his past boozing and narcotics use, but said he had put all that behind him and stuck to coffee and cigarettes.

"I didn't like the way I looked, for one thing. You're kind of out of control emotionally when you drink that much. I was quicker to anger."

"You're probably witnessing the last time I will ever answer those questions," Carradine said. "Because this is a regeneration. It is a renaissance. It is the start of a new career for me.

"It's time to do nothing but look forward."
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Re: Bill Killed

Post by gamedudex2 »

i have a feeling that the ghost of Bruce Lee did it out of revenge for loosing the role in kung fu to him.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

He was doing that suffomasturbation thing.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

gamedudex2 wrote:i have a feeling that the ghost of Bruce Lee did it out of revenge for loosing the role in kung fu to him.
A bit late, don't you think?
It's thinking...
U-said-it
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by U-said-it »

Rest in peace Grasshopper.

Although you couldn't be in to much peace if you'd be capable of offing yourself at 72 years of age...
ImageImage
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

U-said-it wrote:Rest in peace Grasshopper.

Although you couldn't be in to much peace if you'd be capable of offing yourself at 72 years of age...
From what I understand, it was an accidental death.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Juan wrote:He was doing that suffomasturbation thing.
Didn't he have his hands tied? I've heard a bunch of different things.
It's thinking...
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

Something smells fishy, and it's not darcs vagina...
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

i heard on some show on tv i think it was access hollywood or one of those shows (it was on after the news and i was in the kitchen). they had an interview with his ex wife. she said he did kinky shit during sex where he would tied himself and hang himself, but she said he never did to hurt him self, so who knows. still more info than i needed to know, but i had to share. lol
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

Come on, who doesn't like duct taping a plastic bag around their head while they stroke it?