Sony: LBP-like Kart Game, PSP Go, FF7 & 14, Wand, Ico

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Sony: LBP-like Kart Game, PSP Go, FF7 & 14, Wand, Ico

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Kinda got cut off in the subject there.

Sony's big announcements:

The PSP Go & Digital Downloads:
Sleek, overpriced, UMD-less PSP with 16GB flash memory. Also, from now on, *all* PSP releases will be available digitally in addition to UMD releases. Also, LittleBigPlanet is coming to PSP next year, as is a new Metal Gear Solid game which serves as a story bridge between MGS3 and MGS1. And, an exclusive new Resident Evil title.

Final Fantasy:
Final Fantasy 7 is now available for purchase and download.
Final Fantasy 14 is a new MMO (to replace 11), and is PS3-exclusive. Launches next year.

Motion Wand:
Next Spring, Sony is launching a new wand controller (which includes analog buttons) which works in conjunction with the camera to give 1:1 motion tracking. There was an extensive tech demo showing RTS, detailed accurate swordplay, tablet-like painting, FPS, etc.

God of War 3:
March.

ModNation Racers:
Is to MarioKart as LittleBigPlanet is to Super Mario Bros. Highly customizable, heavy physics-engine emphasis, all about user generated content.

New Team Ico Game:
The Last Guardian.
Kevin Beckman
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Re: Sony: LBP-like Kart Game, PSP Go, FF7 & 14, Wand, Ico

Post by Kevin Beckman »

For the record FFVII is not available yet. Also Agent seemed like it sounds fun.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

@KB: Sorry; the announcement said "available today," so I worded my post inaccurately. Should be available sometime this evening, though.

The Last Guardian trailer

and:

video of the Sony Motion Controller demo
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

I typically don't care about Sony, but they had some good stuff again this year.

The Go is, in my opinion, completely awesome and makes the old PSP look like crap. But $250? GTFO.

The yearly GT announcement was a nice gesture. It can go back to being vaporware again.

The wand is a great collaboration of projects and ideas from other companies to create what I feel would be the best solution to the future of motion detection. It takes the concept the Wiimote started, combined with the awesome ideas of Natal, and creates a device that both interacts similar to Natal but also provides a tangible object to interact with. It's just a shame though that this thing is doomed to fail. I seriously doubt their current customer base will buy into the device.

ModNation was neat too. And The Last Guardian is an instant purchase.
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

well it may not be vaporware much longer, sony announced gt for psp comes out in october same time as psp go.

i hope gt 5 comes out soon damn .

forza 3 will hold me off for the time being though :)
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

melancholy wrote:I typically don't care about Sony, but they had some good stuff again this year.

The Go is, in my opinion, completely awesome and makes the old PSP look like crap. But $250? GTFO.

The yearly GT announcement was a nice gesture. It can go back to being vaporware again.

The wand is a great collaboration of projects and ideas from other companies to create what I feel would be the best solution to the future of motion detection. It takes the concept the Wiimote started, combined with the awesome ideas of Natal, and creates a device that both interacts similar to Natal but also provides a tangible object to interact with. It's just a shame though that this thing is doomed to fail. I seriously doubt their current customer base will buy into the device.

ModNation was neat too. And The Last Guardian is an instant purchase.
Frankly, of all the games I know are coming down the pipe, The Last Guardian is possibly my top pick. I never managed to make it all the way through Ico, but Shadow of the Colossus was bloody amazing on so many levels.

There's a lot of good stuff coming, though, regardless of platform. The press events this week were pretty dull, but many of the games themselves look really worthwhile. The two big disappointments were (1) I was sort of expecting a new console Castlevania, and (2) I was *really* expecting Nintendo to say something about a new Pikmin. Ah, well.