Infamous

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Infamous

Post by DaMadFiddler »

I've been hearing very good things about this game: that it's a sandbox superhero/villain game done right, that it's a game that finally takes the "morality" concept seriously in determining gameplay and plot, that the game world is very well designed, taht the story is good, and that it's just an outstanding title overall.

Does anyone here have it? If so, is it worth picking up?
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Re: Infamous

Post by melancholy »

I was going to buy it today. I even picked it up and got halfway to the register with it. But I'm currently playing Oblivion, and I had to be honest with myself; there was no way I was going to even touch this game until after I beat Oblivion. So I'll probably end up either buying it in July or when it goes on sale, whichever comes first.
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

I interviewed with these guys back when inFamous just started production. Man I wanted that job so bad because after hearing about their ideas I knew the game would be awesome. I wish these guys would open up to 360.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Not releasing on the 360 was a huge mistake for them. Oh well, to me it just looks like Star Wars: The Force Unleashed without the Star Wars.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Luriden wrote:Not releasing on the 360 was a huge mistake for them. Oh well, to me it just looks like Star Wars: The Force Unleashed without the Star Wars.
So as a 360 owner, your 2 opinions on this game are:
- It should've come out on 360
- ...but it doesn't matter than it didn't because it looks kinda shit
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

BoneyCork wrote:
Luriden wrote:Not releasing on the 360 was a huge mistake for them. Oh well, to me it just looks like Star Wars: The Force Unleashed without the Star Wars.
Nice observation there.

It was a huge mistake for THEM to not release on 360. Sales will be hurting. Many people will buy a console for this, but it's common knowledge that more people have a 360 than a PS3 and most people aren't going to want to fork over $400 for a new system to play this game.

It was a huge mistake for ME to not like sandbox games featuring people who shoot lightening from their hands.

So really, everybody loses.

Begin the GH/RB criticism plz kthx.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Luriden wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:
Nice observation there.

It was a huge mistake for THEM to not release on 360. Sales will be hurting. Many people will buy a console for this, but it's common knowledge that more people have a 360 than a PS3 and most people aren't going to want to fork over $400 for a new system to play this game.
It wasn't a mistake, they've worked with Sony exclusively for years. And despite sales, I'm sure Sony is paying something to keep the game an exclusive.

Not every stellar game has to be cross platform. Sony needs more awesome exclusives. I don't see how making a system more desirable is a 'mistake.'
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Maybe they developers felt their product was quite good and didn't want to make a shitty Gaybox Gaysixty version lololol.
Kevin Beckman
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Kevin Beckman »

I've been playing the demo for a little over a week now and it's been pretty fun.