X-Busted

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

X-Busted

Post by cube_b3 »

It hasn't even been a couple of months since I bought my Limited Edition Resident Evil 5 X-Box and it has already started to malfunction, it started a week back that the Red Resident Evil Controller would automatically act as if the analog stick has been tilted to the left, and I would have Chris just strafing left (while everyother key worked fine) initially I thought it must be a bizzare sign of low battrey, so I changed the battrey and all was well.

Yesterday the problem restarted and has become increasingly annoying, It doesn't happen 24/7 if I give my 360 some rest and try again it will work fine, but it does return.

I will be going back to America in June (although not the city I bought it from), should I return it to BestBuy or what?

It is just a controller problem and the RE5X360 Unit has sold out.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
Has thanked: 0

Re: X-Busted

Post by Nico0020 »

A friend of mine had a problem with that, and they would just spin the control stick around once and it would reset the stick to work fine again. Though I'm not sure if they had as serious of a problem as you.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Wagh
Wagh
Been thanked: 0

Post by Wagh »

If you are pressing on the stick in a direction while it boots you will be stuck with it going in the direction until you reboot.

Solution: Don't hold the sticks while it's turning on.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Also why return the console for a controller issue. Just buy a new controller. If the controller colour is a special one (I haven't seen the RE version) Just swap the casing over to the new one. They use Torx screws, pretty easy to get apart.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Skynet wrote:Also why return the console for a controller issue. Just buy a new controller. If the controller colour is a special one (I haven't seen the RE version) Just swap the casing over to the new one. They use Torx screws, pretty easy to get apart.
Yeah, it has a red controller to match the red 360.

But I agree, you might as well get a new controller. I believe you can even get red as a standalone. If nothing else, at least you have an extra controller.
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

My right analog stick just died in Fallout 3 after I read this. Thankfully it's a game glitch.
Polymira
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Polymira »

The controllers usually outlive the console, they are pretty much top notch.

I've had two RRoD's and am on my 3rd 360 (2nd time I sent it to MS modded, got it back modded ... but with a new serial)

But i've only had one controller go out, the analog stick was starting to feel grindy when i played any fps. Bought a pink one, good to go.
--pSyCo
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Yeah, my launch system still works. I pray it continues to do so.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

Well I am just puzzled towards the quality, I didn't do anything such as tilting the trigger while it is booting, it happens durring gameplay. What will happen if I take it in gurantee will they replace it with another REConsole, just replace the controller or give me a simple refund?
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

BILAL_XIA wrote:Well I am just puzzled towards the quality, I didn't do anything such as tilting the trigger while it is booting, it happens durring gameplay. What will happen if I take it in gurantee will they replace it with another REConsole, just replace the controller or give me a simple refund?
The Resident Evil console is discontinued. If you take it back, they won't have another one to give you. Instead, they will switch it with a standard Elite. The new Elites come with Halo 3 and Fable 2, so depending on how attached you are to the red color, it might not be a bad trade. But the Resident Evil bundle would be considered a collectors item nowadays, so you might not want to get rid of it.

Essentially, you are left with three options:

1. Take the console back and get an Elite.
2. Buy a new controller.
3. Attempt to argue with Best Buy and see if you can just get the controller replaced. They might just swap out controllers with one from the shelf. But you'll have to haggle with them.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Just buy a controller :P
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

Given that I lack experience in dealing with Best Buy would it be enough to just take the reciept and the controller for the battle?

I am going to also show it to a technician here, to see if it can be repaired cheap.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Honestly, I would take the whole package. That way you can say, "hey, this is a collector's edition and the console's irreplacable". That might provide some leverage for them to make the trade. And if they tell you that you have to replace the whole system, you'll be completely out because you didn't bring the console with you.
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

I wouldn't trade the package back in. I'll bet any money they'll stick you with a Falcon model Xbox. The RE bundle Elite is a Jasper which runs 45nm for both GPU and CPU, so you're less likely to get RRoD.

Don't do it.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Code-Red wrote:I wouldn't trade the package back in. I'll bet any money they'll stick you with a Falcon model Xbox. The RE bundle Elite is a Jasper which runs 45nm for both GPU and CPU, so you're less likely to get RRoD.

Don't do it.
I would say don't do it just because it's a collector's piece. But that's a good reason too.
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

Wagh wrote:If you are pressing on the stick in a direction while it boots you will be stuck with it going in the direction until you reboot.

Solution: Don't hold the sticks while it's turning on.
What I assumed was going on too.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

Weirdly enough, my regular 360 controller does this too. However, it's fairly minor and rarely interferes with whatever I'm doing.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

It is far from minor in my case, I can't seem to use the controller for over 5 minutes.
What game can you play when your character constantly starts moving to the left, even navigating the menu is impossible.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

BILAL_XIA wrote:It is far from minor in my case, I can't seem to use the controller for over 5 minutes.
What game can you play when your character constantly starts moving to the left, even navigating the menu is impossible.
Ouch. That sounds worse than my issue. Wish I could help.
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

Sell your 360 and buy a few Dreamcasts.