Win7 RC1

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Win7 RC1

Post by |darc| »

Anyone fucked with this yet? Just installed it on some spare space on my MacBook. I might move my desktop PC (which I only use for storage, viewing media, and some other simple shit shit) from XP to 7RC1.
It's thinking...
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer
Has thanked: 0

Re: Win7 RC1

Post by BlackAura »

I've played with the beta a bit - I have it on my main machine (which usually runs Linux) instead of Windows XP.

Not bad. It's basically a fixed-up version of Vista. Windows Explorer is still nearly as annoying as it was in Vista, but at least it doesn't have eye-bleedingly bright colours all over it anymore. The window decorations are just as ugly as ever, but that horrible green plasma effect they used almost everywhere is gone, and a lot of the over-the-top colours are toned down.

The dock-like taskbar isn't too bad. It's kind of annoying if you have a single application with multiple windows open, since it considerably more difficult to switch between them than it was in Windows XP. Same problem that Mac OS X has, and slightly mitigated by the thumbnails in Windows 7 or Expose in OS X.

One really good feature - you have full control over what's in the notification area on the taskbar. Everything defaults to only show notifications, and switching them to always showing requires user intervention. They can even be hidden entirely. Someone'll probably find a way around the thing, but until then, it's a good improvement.

I'll have to install the RC, and see if they've fixed anything notably from the beta.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800
Been thanked: 0

Post by Skynet »

I grabbed this today and will give it a go tomorrow. Is there any noticeable difference from the beta?
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

I downloaded it Tuesday, but I plan to install it this weekend. I have to backup everything before I drop it on my laptop. I'm probably going to use it as my primary OS, assuming my laptop works with it as well as my old laptop.
cactusjoe3
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
Been thanked: 0

Post by cactusjoe3 »

I tried it out i Like it better than vista sp1. Only thing i foudn buggy in it was Win XP mode as the virtual machine seems choppy and buggy