Sarah Connor Chronicles

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Sarah Connor Chronicles

Post by JuddWack »

So the second season wrapped up and I must say those last 5 minutes somehow destroyed the final moments of last season, the Johnny Cash montage. My jaw just hit the floor last night. Anybody a fan? Would love to know your thoughts, theories, etc. I can't wait for the movie!
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Re: Sarah Connor Chronicles

Post by gamedudex2 »

i loved the ending, it has opened up so many possibilities for the series if it doesnt get canned. i hope they get a 3rd season. but rumors are fox will cancel this and doll house. why they put this show on a monday night is beyond me they have to comepete with the wwe and nfl (nfl during football season) they should have went with another night other than moving to friday, because friday isnt the highest tv viewing night. the way the show ended makes me wanna see more.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

I gave up on watching mostly everything on fox, too many of my favorites have been canned.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

gamedudex2 wrote:they should have went with another night other than moving to friday, because friday isnt the highest tv viewing night. the way the show ended makes me wanna see more.
It does seem a bit of a stupid time to be showing it.

Basically, they're concerned that it's not higher up in the ratings. However, it's being beaten by shows that wouldn't interest the kind of people watching Sarah Connor Chronicles. From the information I can gather, it's basically competing against Ghost Whisperer, Wife Swap, and something called "Howie Do It".

I can't see the audience of any of those overlapping with TSCC very much.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Still a huge fan of the show, it's the closest thing to a third terminator movie we're ever gonna get. :evil: But unfortunately they took WAAAAAAAY too long to get conclusion they came to and most of season 2 was just bullshit.

I hope a third season comes out as I wanna see more Glaubot wearing skimpy clothing. :naughty:

But yeah, this show has the potential to be awesome, but there's too much crap in there.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Maturion

Post by Maturion »

That's the real Sarah Connor.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

Sarah Connor Chronicles does so much wrong with the franchise that I hope they cancel it. Even if just to ensure that the guy they got to play Kyle Reese stops. Seriously, that guy was horrible and if you think differently, go back and watch Terminator. Micheal Biehn ftw.
No signature.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Hasney wrote:
Skynet wrote:Still a huge fan of the show, it's the closest thing to a third terminator movie we're ever gonna get. :evil: But unfortunately they took WAAAAAAAY too long to get conclusion they came to and most of season 2 was just bullshit.

I hope a third season comes out as I wanna see more Glaubot wearing skimpy clothing. :naughty:

But yeah, this show has the potential to be awesome, but there's too much crap in there.
You mean other than Terminator 3?
There was no Terminator 3 :evil:

Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

toastman wrote:Sarah Connor Chronicles does so much wrong with the franchise that I hope they cancel it. Even if just to ensure that the guy they got to play Kyle Reese stops. Seriously, that guy was horrible and if you think differently, go back and watch Terminator. Micheal Biehn ftw.
I dunno, I thought it's a decent show. But yes Kyle in the show is a fuckhead

curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

Skynet wrote:
Hasney wrote:
Skynet wrote:Still a huge fan of the show, it's the closest thing to a third terminator movie we're ever gonna get. :evil: But unfortunately they took WAAAAAAAY too long to get conclusion they came to and most of season 2 was just bullshit.

You mean other than Terminator 3?
There was no Terminator 3 :evil:
Huh?
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

OK obviously no one could tell that I don't consider that movie a terminator sequel because it's A BIG PILE OF TRASH! It doesn't even follow the past 2 stories right, it just makes up it's own bullshit. Therefore to me, T3 never happened.

I just figured you could figure out I meant that by the constant :evil: usage. Oh well

toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

Skynet wrote:OK obviously no one could tell that I don't consider that movie a terminator sequel because it's A BIG PILE OF TRASH! It doesn't even follow the past 2 stories right, it just makes up it's own bullshit. Therefore to me, T3 never happened.

I just figured you could figure out I meant that by the constant :evil: usage. Oh well
I understood. Just like there is only one Highlander movie. Ever.

But I thought the series started out ok, but managed to generally fuck itself over. I'll try and point out what I feel caused the show to drop like brick learning to fly.

1) They should've stayed in the past. The part in the first episode where they jump to now just fucked the story line. Accept the fact that in reality Skynet was never created and didn't become sentient in 1997. Play the story out from T2.

2) The show was created with an expiration date. Skynet has to go live at some point. Judgment Day is going to happen. John Connor will lead the resistance. By knowing the logical conclusion to the story, most of the story told became just so much dicking around trying to prevent the inevitable.

3) Too many time travelers. Derek and his crew, Jesee and Riley, Weaver, Cromartie, the crew who built the time machine in the bank vault, Cameron, several 8xx models sent to perform varioius tasks (at least 4, maybe even more than 6), and the torturer who fled to the past. That's what I can think of off the top of my head. Out of 31 episodes, we have at least 12 (counting the first episode) instances of time travelling.

4) Disregard for canon. Time travel was not a common thing in the movie. Nor was it something they had easy access to. Plus, Skynet was actually on the verge of loosing the war, the Terminator was a sort of Hail Mary.

5) Also, the first Terminator established pre-destination or a closed time circuit. Skynet fucks itself over, but then again it has no choice. Or, more accurately, it has already made the choice. The resistance is close to defeating Skynet, so Skynet, in desperation, sends back a Terminator to kill John Connor's mother. Upon learning this, the resistance decides to send someone back to protect Sarah. Kyle Reese volunteers and is sent back. Kyle Reese then fathers John Connor. John Connor survives Judgment Day, and eventually leads the resistance in a devastating counter-attack against Skynet. Coincidentally, the technology contained within the Terminator serves as the basis for Cyberdyne systems, which leads to the creation of Skynet. These events are history (watch the current season of Lost for another example, everything the survivors do in the "past" unwittingly sets everything up for the "present").
However, TSCC decides that all of a sudden, it's a many worlds interpretation. (Granted, Terminator 2 suggested that history was drastically altered and Terminator 3 kind of pulls things back into line with predestination with malleability.) Every time someone does something in the past, it alters the future.
No signature.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

I guess really we're always gonna have issues because of 2 main problems: James Cameron isn't involved and it involves time travel. Time travel is always gonna fuck shit over in movies/tv shows. :lol: