Adding splitscreen to Makaqu?

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
DARKHALO2K
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Adding splitscreen to Makaqu?

Post by DARKHALO2K »

I know this has been discussed somewhat before, but how much time and effort would it take to get two player splitscreen working in Makaqu?

The engine is amazing, and not only would splitscreen make the engine pretty much feature complete, but I think it'd kick start interest in both the Dreamcast and Quake mapping.

Now, I know that only Manoel would really be able to do this, and that he has said before that he wont be doing it, but we know this is ultimately possible what with the stereo rendering and second controller tests, and I was wondering if anybody else desired this feature enough that we could perhaps offer Manoel some Paypal donations if he'd be willing to work on this?

That, or perhaps we could amass a small team of talent modders to work on something for the GOAT Store?

I'd love to see the feature, as I believe there's no replay value like that of a multiplayer experience. And I think the novelty of being able to create a map, load it up on a home console, and chase a buddy about on it would grab the attention of a lot of people.
Christuserloeser
Been thanked: 0

Re: Adding splitscreen to Makaqu?

Post by Christuserloeser »

Splitscreen would be killer !
Insane homebrew collector.
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod
Has thanked: 0

Post by mankrip »

Christuserloeser wrote:Splitscreen would be killer !
Framerate killer. The Stereo 3D option already brings the DC version to a crawl.

What this engine really needs is hardware acceleration.

Also, there's no need for donations. I'm in the last semester of college and have some other priorities keeping me busy. A better bet would be to ask someone like Chui to fix and port Makaqu's hardware renderer; maybe then a donation can help.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
dreammatrix
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
Has thanked: 0

Post by dreammatrix »

Just more one question is possible add halflife.bsp and color ligths suport on maquaku ?
Last edited by dreammatrix on Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DARKHALO2K
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DARKHALO2K »

Thanks for the reply, Manoel. And thanks again for giving us Makaqu in the first place. It's a fantastic port that i'll never grow tired of playing with!

Best of luck with your finals at college.