Fallout 3

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
TyBO
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Fallout 3

Post by TyBO »

I've been playing Fallout 3 for ~35 hours now, and I'm completely addicted. I really love how open-ended it is, and how I can forge my own path through the game. Also, the voice acting is a notch or two above most games I've played.

I still have a few complaints though. The "dungeons" all start to look the same after a while - too many dark hallways, reused textures, etc. Also, the general lack of music is disappointing. I decided to rip some CDs to my 360 hard drive and use the custom soundtrack feature cause I was sick of the ambient noises.

Still, the game's flaws are all forgivable. Bethesda did an admirable job continuing the Fallout series; much better, I'm sure, than Interplay could do in it's current state.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Have you tried listening to the radio? Quite a bit of good stuff on it...
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

This game is amazing. And terribly addictive. Yet I was still much more enchanted by Oblivion.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

After 97 hours, I finally beat Fallout 3. I would wager that I only explored about 2/3 of the map and participated in 3/4 of the main sidequests. The ending was kinda abrupt, but the events leading to it was awesome. Though I still think Oblivion was more fun, Fallout 3 was by far more immersive and intricate in it's design, both with the world and the quests.
TyBO
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by TyBO »

Lartrak wrote:Have you tried listening to the radio? Quite a bit of good stuff on it...
Yeah, the main radio station with all the music (forget the name ATM) is good stuff. I think it suffers from having too few songs though. It's no GTA when it comes to the radio stations.

Also, a patch was released today, for those who missed the news: http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/downloa ... es-US.html
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

I'm also loving this game, but I'm really disappointed that there are no Mad Max style vehicles or motorcycles. I mean, they are laying all over the wasteland. It's a big surprise that none of them are in working condition.

One thing I like is how the people really react to your decisions. In Fable 2 it didn't seem real. I was an evil womanizing ass and villagers people would cower in the town and suck up to me by giving me gifts, but that's about it. I really feel like my choices have a greater impact in the fallout world.