dreamcast arcade sticks

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

dreamcast arcade sticks

Post by Nico0020 »

I started to think about the DC arcade sticks recently due to another topic on the board. I never picked one up but always wanted one, especially with all the shooters I play on my DC. Anyways is the official one really the only good stick out there, or are any of the 3rd party sticks good for SHMUPS?
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Christuserloeser
Been thanked: 0

Re: dreamcast arcade sticks

Post by Christuserloeser »

The official one by Agetek is pretty good with its microswitches (for the stick but not the buttons, sadly), but the best option probably is to buy a PlayStation controller converter and use a PlayStation arcade stick.
Insane homebrew collector.
nymus
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by nymus »

I've been meaning to buy one of these, but I'm intrigued by the playstation option...

Could you recommend good playstation sticks... that are known to work with Dreamcast?
behold the mind
inspired by Dreamcast
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

I do have a total control 3. does anyone know if the ascii saturn stick works on it, and if that is a pretty decent stick?

I am wanting two sticks. There of course also is the option of this, but it is kinda pricey.
http://www.xgaming.com/two-player.shtml

Comes with a free DC controller converter, anyone use this before with a dreamcast?
Yonke
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Yonke »

Nico0020 wrote:I do have a total control 3. does anyone know if the ascii saturn stick works on it, and if that is a pretty decent stick?

I am wanting two sticks. There of course also is the option of this, but it is kinda pricey.
http://www.xgaming.com/two-player.shtml

Comes with a free DC controller converter, anyone use this before with a dreamcast?
i also have total control 3 its been some time since i have use it..... but i remember feeling a little bit of lag (remember playin SF3 third strike) .... do you feel it to????
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

Has anyone ever used this stick before?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... ory=139969

Is it really like the JP arcade machines, as I love those.

And does anyone know of any place to pick one of these up besides ebay?
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by Eckostyle »

Dont bother with X-Arcade. They look fancy, but the parts and craftsmanship are shoddy, especially for the price.

If you're looking for a stick for casual use, the Agetec one will work just fine, I borrowed one from a friend a while back and it did the job. Never used any of the 3rd party ones, but I still wouldn't expect anything special. Only 3rd party sticks worth buying are Hori sticks, and they never made a DC one as far as I know.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

I have two 'topmax' brand arcade sticks. They're pretty sucky aside from the fact that they have built in rumble in the stick (which was an unexpected surprise).
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man