Looking for DC>NES Control pad guide

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Looking for DC>NES Control pad guide

Post by Nico0020 »

One of the coolest things I wanted to do was the control mod from a DC control pad to a NES pad. I remember there was a DChardware site that I can no longer find the link to that had full instructions plus pictures. I had started this project then never finished it, and I would like to finally get it done. Does anyone have a link to the guide, or any information on it at all? Thanks!
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Stryfe
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Been thanked: 0

Re: Looking for DC>NES Control pad guide

Post by Stryfe »

Maybe this one? - http://devcast.dcemulation.org/mods/nes/nes.php

I think I've seen a couple different ones...
ImageImageImageImage
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

thats it, and the site. thanks a ton
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Someone should scan through those pages and change the com to org. Despite the whole site being there all the in-page links are to the old site.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

now I remember why i stopped on this project. I have the NES side of things done, its just soldering the points onto the DC controller that are a pain. :(
FamilyGuy
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by FamilyGuy »

Nico0020 wrote:One of the coolest things I wanted to do was the control mod from a DC control pad to a NES pad. I remember there was a DChardware site that I can no longer find the link to that had full instructions plus pictures. I had started this project then never finished it, and I would like to finally get it done. Does anyone have a link to the guide, or any information on it at all? Thanks!
Use these solder points and wire routing:

(Use this if you wanna do a 2de vmu port nes controller, don't forget to desloder the vmu pins fromt he main controller board)

Here's the topic with my own controller and infos that could be helpful:
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?t=18901

FG
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

thanks for the pictures! I love the idea of plugging in the controller through the VMU slot. those are the solder points I am using, I am just having real issues getting it to stick for some reason. Every other solder project I did was a snap, but this board is a pain for some reason. I was thinking of using a dremel to make a tiny pin hole to work with on the points. Anyways if I get too frustrated I might take you up on your 40 dollar offer sometime after christmas. lol.
FamilyGuy
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by FamilyGuy »

Don't forget to scratch the green layer to expose the copper of the board also, it won't stick without it. I'd suggest to lay your wire flat on the board, so it touches the solder point without moving, then apply the solder over it, while blowing on it, so it'll cool off rapidly and will stick there for good. I could also do it for you like you said if you still can't manage to make it stick there :P

Also, 40$ was for my already-made DCcontroller+NEScontroller, if you send me the controllers and a rumble pack, I'd ask for less+shipping :wink:

PS: I'm sad I sold my old one :(

I hope it helped, good luck !

FG