King of the Hill "Canceled"

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: King of the Hill "Canceled"

Post by Smiley »

Nico0020 wrote:burger king shows?
yeah, I don't recall the actual site name, but they had a funny mario one that was circulating the web a few months ago.
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

most of them are mediocre at best
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

I used to like King of the Hill--I never thought it was tremendous, but it was worth a watch. But for the last few years it just seems like watching a fly-on-the-wall documentary about some very dull and unfunny Texans going about their everyday business.

I've been pleasantly surprised with the episodes of the current season of The Simpsons that I've seen so far, though. After years of very poor episodes they seem to have slightly re-invented the show--Homer's regressed to the loveable character he was in the earlier seasons, they've got a lot more cutaway jokes and random humour (possibly in an attempt to emulate Family Guy), and the average scene length seems to shot right down. It's almost as if they've finally realised that you do actually need 21 minutes of material to fill a 21 minute show, rather than half that amount padded out with inane and often-cringeworthy dialogue.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

One thing I dislike about newer Simpsons episodes is that they jump horses ever 5 minutes. For example, the one on I think last Sunday started out with Homer breaking people up, and at the end was Lisa forgiving Homer for betting on some crossword puzzle contest against her.

It had some funny moments, though, and it seems that they've made Lenny straight again while making Duffman gay.
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

I just recently discovered King of the Hill. Great to hear it might be continued on another channel. Always been a fan of Mike Judge.

Simpsons 'jumping horses' is what they always did. It's something out of the book used in many shows, not just Simpsons. In almost any episode you get two stories running in parallel to keep you occupied. Combine that with an introduction about again something entirely different they use to get the episode rolling, and it might seem a bit much at times.
Insane homebrew collector.
StriderXg2
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Location: http://www.youtube.com/rkotm for my films about gaming and such.

Post by StriderXg2 »

Mike Judge is just doing a new cartoon in 2009 on ABC called "the goode family" about a family in the "new age" people of today--
"The Goode Family is an obsessively “green” family who live a politically correct lifestyle. The reason why their last name is Goode is because they are always trying to do good. For example, they reuse their shopping bags, drive hybrid cars, recycle, etc. They are also Vegans."

..So its good he's moving on from KOTH, had a longer run than beavis and butthead. im not looking forward to this new show but i'll try watching it..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Goode_Family
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

Well, I don't like the looks of that show, but Mike Judge always has pretty funny shows. I mean, it's kinda hard to make a show about a conservative Texan family and run with it for more than a decade.
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

Eviltaco64X wrote:most of them are mediocre at best
This one is just awful, I mean horrible. Somebody please explain to me what is supposed to even be funny about this one. Because honestly, I just don't get it.

[youtube]uwejo7YOhwg&yt[/youtube]

Edit* I thought it couldn't get any worse, but.....

Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

Calavera wrote:This one is just awful, I mean horrible. Somebody please explain to me what is supposed to even be funny about this one. Because honestly, I just don't get it.
I am not sure I really get any possible deeper meaning either, but I had to smile: They work with tension there: The audience can see it coming but it takes forever and you can't do anything, because you're just a passive voyeur. The moment it finally happens is a relief and funny at the same time.

This would work without the audio too: You could just have the cats sitting there doing nothing at all for 1 minute and it would still be funny.

That btw is one kind of joke that I really liked in Family Guy and that's totally missing in e.g. Simpsons.

Calavera wrote:Edit* I thought it couldn't get any worse, but.....
How would the Bee Gee's sound while riding in a rollercoaster... Um, yeah, not funny, really.
Insane homebrew collector.
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

Whats even worse is that the Barry Gibb one only runs for, like, 8 seconds. So more than 80% of the entire video is filler. And what's even worse is that his shitty videos are among the highest-rated videos on Youtube...