PSO 1&2 Plus quick No-Music hack/patch for Dolphin

Discuss various gameplay related topics (rare hunts, time-attack records, etc) here. Anything PSO-related goes here, even if it isn't directly related to Sylverant.

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

LutheeMajestic
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

PSO 1&2 Plus quick No-Music hack/patch for Dolphin

Post by LutheeMajestic »

Hi, this is barely even worthy of an upload, but I figured someone out there might see some use besides me so why not.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzcF8C ... sp=sharing

What's in the tar archive are 0-byte files that must be pasted in the root of your extracted PSO EP1&2 Plus gamecube ISO (I made my ISO using a modded Wii for instance) (when I say extracted, I mean with GCRebuilder 's Export function) replacing (most) music (adx) files with you-guessed-it no music at all, I took care of not zeroing sound effects or death effects.
There is definitely a more graceful way of doing what I set out to do (probably by modifying the game code) but that was all I could do with my "skills"

Why ? Because when turning music to the minimum in the game some music still play, and I like grinding to the sound of my own playlist/soundtrack (which includes my own rip of PS Music Collection 2000-2007 containing PSO1&2 music in higher quality).
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Re: PSO 1&2 Plus quick No-Music hack/patch for Dolphin

Post by Aleron Ives »

Does the rebuilt ISO work with Nintendont? I've read a lot of posts in the Nintendont thread where people say that only 1:1 clean ISOs work properly, but I don't know if that's because Nintendont requires the original ISO alignment or because they're trying to weed out stupid people who broke their ISOs by modding them incorrectly. :lol:
"Fear the HUnewearl."
LutheeMajestic
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
Been thanked: 0

Re: PSO 1&2 Plus quick No-Music hack/patch for Dolphin

Post by LutheeMajestic »

Oh, well I don't have Nintendont I don't think, I have the other one that checks your original copy on first boot (is it Devolution ?) but my previous modded ISO worked fine with it (mainly modified enemy stats), even though GCRebuilder said it would need to edit the ToC to apply my modifications, so idk... XD