PsoGC fix/patch idea

Discuss various gameplay related topics (rare hunts, time-attack records, etc) here. Anything PSO-related goes here, even if it isn't directly related to Sylverant.

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

eleriaqueen
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

PsoGC fix/patch idea

Post by eleriaqueen »

Hi, this post is mostly addressed to Aleron Ives and people with mad hacking skills @_@.

When you turn off music in PSOGC via the main menu option, all music tracks aren't muted, that's something tiny but it can be annoying when I use my own playlist while playing (I like to hear sound effects still). Pioneer 2 and P2 Shop music still plays (seems affected by sound-level not music), there might be others that are unaffected as well.

I'm not sure if it's possible, and it might seem like a really small amount of users would be interested by a change like this, but would you consider doing a fix/patch that would address this issue ?

Thanks either way :)
Otto Baus
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: PsoGC fix/patch idea

Post by Otto Baus »

I would like something that remedied this for other reasons, but I doubt it can be done due to the fact it is hard-coded and not simply a value fix from what Ives tells me.

Anyway, when playing back-ups using either the Xeno or booting via SD card using Swiss, the audio can cause hiccups when the music track changes. Running PSO from DVD-R, this can cause DRE, which is a wonderful addition to the suite of DC, EW, and FSOD already plaguing the medium. When running from SD, the audio is lower quality overall due to the limited bandwidth. It frequently crackles and stutters and can even cause slow-down because the memory card port has an upper limit to how fast it can transfer data. This is not an issue if using a Wiikey or WASP Fusion, but good luck finding one of those...

edit: I forgot to mention that since playing from SD cannot cause DRE when the music has an issue loading, it will often stop playing entirely until changing the area or using a music disc restarts the function. Another fun occurrence is the loss of only one channel. But the remaining audio is still stereo, and you end up only hearing the things coming through the channel not dropped. Yet another is audio skipping which causes the same track to play over itself with a delay so that it echoes. None of this can happen playing from DVD-R, but any loading irregularities presented because of audio could cause a DRE. I have gotten numerous DRE from the p2 music trying and failing to load both as I exit the guild counter area, and it also happens entering the shops/hospital. Strangely, this only seems to occur during the first several minutes, and the longer I play the less I encounter any DREs. Almost as if something needed to 'warm-up'...
HotteLunch - HUcast
Gaijin - RAcast
MintChip - FOnewearl
MAGz - extra bank storage character; RAmarl currently