[GC] Patch Batch

Discuss various gameplay related topics (rare hunts, time-attack records, etc) here. Anything PSO-related goes here, even if it isn't directly related to Sylverant.

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

BlueWorld93
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: [GC] Patch Batch

Post by BlueWorld93 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:59 am

Hey Aleron. Long time no see & good to see you I´d say. ;) How are you doing man??

And Hello to everyone else! My first post here. I am registered on Sylverant for a long time now, but never came in touch with this forum yet. So here I am! (Back after nearly 2 and a half years)

I saw you´ve made a lot of progress and put much effort in patching the game further since we´ve met last time. (2 years?? --> Blue World or MasterChiefC, I am sure you do remember) I am not sure I asked this already. Do you think a 60fps (or even unlocked fps) patch can be made for this game (Dolphin)? As a PC-Player with an 4K 120Hz TV I am used to higher Framerates with good sharpness, it would be a bless for me and possibly many other players to be able to play on 60Hz (--> real 60 fps) +. From what I know, PSOs Framerate is linked to its game speed. There were so many 60fps patches released for other games now... so I am wondering, why this has not happened to PSO yet. What do you and maybe other programmers think about this topic? Is there no chance to get this to work properly?

Looking forward to play with you in near future man!! The patches I´ve installed 2 years ago are still working amazingly good. (They saved my ass many times from losing meseta and items due to EW for instance)

Greetings from Germany,

Blue World :D
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 4 times

Re: [GC] Patch Batch

Post by Aleron Ives » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:05 pm

PSO will never run at 60 FPS. The game uses hardcoded frame timers for tons of things like Mag feeding, so your Mag would get hungry twice as soon if you run the game at 60 FPS. Every quest also assumes that PSO runs at 30 FPS, so you'd break lots of quest timing things, too.
"Fear the HUnewearl."