[GC] Patch Batch

Discuss various gameplay related topics (rare hunts, time-attack records, etc) here. Anything PSO-related goes here, even if it isn't directly related to Sylverant.

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

BlueWorld93
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: [GC] Patch Batch

Post by BlueWorld93 »

Hey Aleron. Long time no see & good to see you I´d say. ;) How are you doing man??

And Hello to everyone else! My first post here. I am registered on Sylverant for a long time now, but never came in touch with this forum yet. So here I am! (Back after nearly 2 and a half years)

I saw you´ve made a lot of progress and put much effort in patching the game further since we´ve met last time. (2 years?? --> Blue World or MasterChiefC, I am sure you do remember) I am not sure I asked this already. Do you think a 60fps (or even unlocked fps) patch can be made for this game (Dolphin)? As a PC-Player with an 4K 120Hz TV I am used to higher Framerates with good sharpness, it would be a bless for me and possibly many other players to be able to play on 60Hz (--> real 60 fps) +. From what I know, PSOs Framerate is linked to its game speed. There were so many 60fps patches released for other games now... so I am wondering, why this has not happened to PSO yet. What do you and maybe other programmers think about this topic? Is there no chance to get this to work properly?

Looking forward to play with you in near future man!! The patches I´ve installed 2 years ago are still working amazingly good. (They saved my ass many times from losing meseta and items due to EW for instance)

Greetings from Germany,

Blue World :D
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

PSO will never run at 60 FPS. The game uses hardcoded frame timers for tons of things like Mag feeding, so your Mag would get hungry twice as soon if you run the game at 60 FPS. Every quest also assumes that PSO runs at 30 FPS, so you'd break lots of quest timing things, too.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

The Connection Patch is now available. This is a simple patch that allows you to connect directly to Sylverant if your ISP no longer allows DNS redirection. If you can't connect by setting our IP address as DNS 1 in your network settings, this patch may be useful to you.
Phantasy Star Online GC
Connection Patch
Patcher by: Aleron Ives
Patch by: Aleron Ives
http://psopalace.funurl.com

----------------
Introduction:
----------------

Welcome to the Connection Patch for PSO GC. The purpose of this patch is to let you connect directly to Sylverant, as some ISPs no longer allow DNS redirection for security reasons. If you can't connect to Sylverant by changing DNS 1 in your network settings, then this patch will allow you to connect with your ISP's default DNS settings.

--------------
Installation:
--------------

After downloading and unzipping the PSO_GC_Connection_Patch.zip archive, you should have this README.txt file, as well as eight different patching programs. Each patching program is meant for one of the eight possible PSO GC releases that you might have:

NTSC-J 1.02 (JP regular disc)
NTSC-J 1.03 (JP regular disc)
NTSC-J 1.04 (JP Plus disc)
NTSC-J 1.05 (JP Plus disc)
NTSC-U 1.00 (US regular disc)
NTSC-U 1.01 (US regular disc)
NTSC-U 1.02 (US Plus disc)
PAL 1.00 (EU regular disc)

If you're not sure which version of the game you have, look at the inner ring on the bottom of your disc, and you should see one of these product numbers:

DOL-GPOJ-0-02 (JP 1.02)
DOL-GPOJ-0-03 (JP 1.03)
DOL-GPOJ-0-04 (JP 1.04 Plus)
DOL-GPOJ-0-05 (JP 1.05 Plus)
DOL-GPOE-0-00 (US 1.00)
DOL-GPOE-0-01 (US 1.01)
DOL-GPOE-0-02 (US 1.02 Plus)
DOL-GPOP-0-00 (EU 1.00)

You only need to use the patching program that matches the ISO dump of the disc you have.

Always be sure to keep a clean backup copy of your ISO, so that you don't have to dump your game again if you make a mistake!

In order to patch your ISO, you will need to use GCRebuilder to extract the game's main exectuable file, "PsoV3.dol". If you don't have GCRebuilder, you can find it in the GC downloads section of the main site. If you want a tutorial with pictures, you can find one in the GC guides section of the main site; otherwise, follow these steps:

1) Open GCRebuilder, select the "Image" option at the top, then select "Open". GCRebuilder will ask you to select an image to open. Navigate to the location of your PSO ISO file, select it, then click the "Open" button.

2) You will now see information about your PSO disc on the left side of the main GCRebuilder window, as well as a list of all the files on the disc on the right side of the main GCRebuilder window. The files are shown in alphabetical order by default, so use the scrollbar to scroll down until you find the file "PsoV3.dol".

Right click on the filename, and you'll get a small popup with the options "Import..." and "Export...". Click the "Export..." option, and then GCRebuilder will ask where you want to export this file. For simplicity, I suggest exporting it to C:\. Click the "Save" button to export PsoV3.dol to the folder you selected. We're done with GCRebuilder for the moment, but don't close it yet.

3) Now that we have extracted PsoV3.dol from the ISO, it's time to patch it. Run the patching program that matches the PSO disc you have, and then click the "..." button. A window will open asking you to select the "PsoV3.dol" file you want to patch. Navigate to C:\, and you should see the "PsoV3.dol" file you just extracted from your ISO. Select it, then click the "Open" button. I recommend unchecking the "Make a backup when possible" option, as you don't need a backup copy of "PsoV3.dol". Now press the "Start" button, and you should get confirmation that the file was successfully patched. When you close this message, the patching program will automatically close, too. You have now applied the patch, so it's time for the final step.

Before you begin the final step, you may want to apply other patches to your "PsoV3.dol" file. Once you've applied all of the patches you want to use, it's time to put the modified "PsoV3.dol" back into your ISO.

4) You should still have GCRebuilder open at this point, so this step is easy. Right click on "PsoV3.dol" in the GCRebuilder file list again, but this time, select the "Import..." option. A window will open asking you to select the file you want to import. Navigate to C:\ and select the "PsoV3.dol" file you patched in step 3. Click the "Open" button, and then you should get a confirmation window to indicate that the file import was successful.

That's it! You can now close GCRebuilder and use your patched PSO ISO file to play with Wii or Dolphin (or GC, if you have the necessary homebrew).

--------------------
Troubleshooting:
--------------------

If the patching program gives an error that says:

"PsoV3.dol - File size/version missmatch!"

then that means you tried to use a patching program that doesn't match your PSO disc. Double check which version of PSO GC you have and then select the patching program that matches your disc.

---------
Credits:
---------

That's the end of this README; I hope everyone is able to connect to Sylverant now. Don't forget to visit PSO Palace, the home of this patch.

http://psopalace.funurl.com
"Fear the HUnewearl."