[GC] Lost Weapon EP2 Series

Discuss various gameplay related topics (rare hunts, time-attack records, etc) here. Anything PSO-related goes here, even if it isn't directly related to Sylverant.

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

Kayak
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

[GC] Lost Weapon EP2 Series

Post by Kayak »

Thanks to GuardianGirth to making these quests and providing them for us.

4 Episode 2 Hopkins Quests were put up on Iselia last night, they are as follows.

Lost SHOCK GUNGNIR (Temple)
Lost RIOT RAYGUN (Spaceship)
Lost DEVIL'S SCEPTER (CCA)
Lost CHAOS CALIBUR (Seabed)

For those wondering about, hey where's tower?
I told BlueCrab to wait on that quest because it has some bugs and is also kinda a mess for now, although a new version is being worked on by Girth, hopefully I can get him to post here about it.

Features: All of these quests feature a Time Attack option, the console to use this is located right next to the guild counter, in that side room that usually goes unused. For those of you who played the first 3 on schtserv, you will recognize some changes to the enemy spawns or layouts, but not too much. Additionally, there are still some megid traps in the original 3 quests, perhaps I can convince Girth to remove them for us, as I don't want to do that myself. (Which should be very easy) All the NPCs have been fixed so that they will not crash you. These quests provide us monster counts that we otherwise would have never have had.

A side note to Lost RIOT RAYGUN. The drop glitch does happen in Spaceship Beta, about mid way through the area. I noticed the drops stopping right after the Healing Ring. Unfortunately there isn't much I can do about this, as the quest would most likely have to get reworked. AleronIves can provide more information on the drop glitch and what map(s) are good to use to avoid this glitch for future quests.

As far as Lost CHAOS CALIBUR goes, there are some small things in it that will get fixed, such as warping out of the correct portal out of Pioneer 2, and any spelling mistakes by NPCs that I may have missed. This quest has a higher level difficulty then PW3, so please keep that in mind when playing it. It has quite a few healing rings, so this was intended to have at the very least 1 droid type character. Doc_Oran and I 2p'd it last night and were able to complete it. There were a fair amount of deaths between us, but as expected since its of a harder difficulty. Girth has said to me that he is working on an alternate version of this that is a bit easier, but I think keeping up the original is something to be desired. (Just minor bug fixes will do)

The intention of these quests was to provide more variety to Episode 2. I still look forward to Ives' Ep2 Hopkins creations when he gets around to them.

If anybody has any additional questions and concerns about these quests, please ask here. Otherwise, enjoy them on Iselia under the Homebrew section!
Characters:
Kayak L200
Kat L200
Kate L200
Submarine L200
Magic Boat L200
Banan@ Boat
Jarrett
Katey
Tow Boat
Kayak
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Re: [GC] Lost Weapon EP2 Series

Post by Kayak »

Quick update, I just got an updated version of Tower. Once I convert and test it, theres a strong chance it will go up. Probably won't happen this weekend since I'm busy.
Characters:
Kayak L200
Kat L200
Kate L200
Submarine L200
Magic Boat L200
Banan@ Boat
Jarrett
Katey
Tow Boat
Kayak
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Kayak »

Just to update this again, I will start working on the conversion for Lost Heart Breaker (Tower) the updated version I got last year. However I will wait until mid week to start working on it in case there is another version I should work on instead.

EDIT: I got a newer version today. I will convert it and test it. I also got 5 Episode 2 Extermination Quests. (1 for each area). With BlueCrab's permission, I will eventually convert/test and have them added.
Characters:
Kayak L200
Kat L200
Kate L200
Submarine L200
Magic Boat L200
Banan@ Boat
Jarrett
Katey
Tow Boat
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Kayak wrote:With BlueCrab's permission, I will eventually convert/test and have them added.
Have at it. :wink:
Otto Baus
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Otto Baus »

Kayak wrote:I also got 5 Episode 2 Extermination Quests. (1 for each area). With BlueCrab's permission, I will eventually convert/test and have them added.
Whoa! That was unexpected, but pretty sweet!

Heh, pretty timely, too, because I decided to stop playing the government quests after accidentally locking myself out of CCA and Beds... Anyway, the VR Temple and SS will undoubtedly be getting a bit of love from me!
HotteLunch - HUcast
Gaijin - RAcast
MintChip - FOnewearl
MAGz - extra bank storage character; RAmarl currently
Kayak
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Kayak »

BlueCrab wrote:
Kayak wrote:With BlueCrab's permission, I will eventually convert/test and have them added.
Have at it. :wink:
The Tower Quest is just waiting to get finished testing, the NPC's are all fixed for GC, just need to do a complete playthrough of the quest to make sure there are no problems.

Malicious Uprising 1-5 shouldn't take long at all (since there is only 1 area per quest) but I may decide to upload them more slowly, like maybe 1 per week or so, just to make people want to play each one multiple times and not get overwhelmed with 6 quests.
Characters:
Kayak L200
Kat L200
Kate L200
Submarine L200
Magic Boat L200
Banan@ Boat
Jarrett
Katey
Tow Boat
doctor_oran
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by doctor_oran »

I'll try these out next time I'm on, and could help test it too if need be
Miss Mattie - RAcaseal 200 (1/3/15)
Korneleus - HUcast 199
Violette - RAmarl 196
Chester - HUmar 167
Berri - FOmarl 167
Juggernut - RAcast 167
Gerard - FOnewm 167
Cosine - HUcaseal 151
Peony - FOnewearl 132
Itai - HUnewearl low
John Rplca
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by John Rplca »

Not bad. I'm quite familiar with these quests from Blue Burst and would like to give them a shot on GC soon.

Afair the latest Tower edit for LMB got botched pretty bad with respect to spawns, but whatever ~~

Sorry I wasn't available the other day - assuming you were playing with Cody @Kayak
Kayak
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Kayak »

John Rplca wrote:Not bad. I'm quite familiar with these quests from Blue Burst and would like to give them a shot on GC soon.

Afair the latest Tower edit for LMB got botched pretty bad with respect to spawns, but whatever ~~

Sorry I wasn't available the other day - assuming you were playing with Cody @Kayak
No worries, and yea. Cody and I did the first 8 floors and we managed, but then my server became unstable and had problems, so we couldn't continue. Ill end up finishing the test later today or later in the week
Characters:
Kayak L200
Kat L200
Kate L200
Submarine L200
Magic Boat L200
Banan@ Boat
Jarrett
Katey
Tow Boat
Kayak
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Kayak »

Lost Heart Breaker is ready for upload and will be put on the server very soon. As far as the difficulty goes, it is higher than PW4. There are a lot of healing rings throughout the quest, so your traps and TP will be invaluable. Some of the rings however are traps, but there are more safe rings than dangerous rings. I will say there are no megid traps in the entire quest. Somewhere in the quest is a hidden warp to access some extra enemies at CCA in between the 2 towers. Other than that, good luck and have fun with the quest!
Characters:
Kayak L200
Kat L200
Kate L200
Submarine L200
Magic Boat L200
Banan@ Boat
Jarrett
Katey
Tow Boat
Kayak
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Kayak »

Lost Heart Breaker is on Iselia, enjoy it!
Characters:
Kayak L200
Kat L200
Kate L200
Submarine L200
Magic Boat L200
Banan@ Boat
Jarrett
Katey
Tow Boat
Otto Baus
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Otto Baus »

Dat shit cray... :oops:

EDIT: Avoiding a double-post... :oops: So we did a 4p run of LHB with Gaijin, Anguish, Katey, and Violette. It is actually pretty fun provided you have a rough sense of what to expect and that you have 3 or 4 players. Also FS and traps; both--not one or the other. Demons helps a lot too, of course. I brought 10 dolls expecting a bloodbath after my earlier 2p endeavor, and only ended up needing 2. I died more than twice, but I'm not sure if it was 5 or 6 times (some were avoidable though and I am a klutz).
HotteLunch - HUcast
Gaijin - RAcast
MintChip - FOnewearl
MAGz - extra bank storage character; RAmarl currently