[GC] The Ends of Desire

Discuss various gameplay related topics (rare hunts, time-attack records, etc) here. Anything PSO-related goes here, even if it isn't directly related to Sylverant.

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

[GC] The Ends of Desire

Post by Aleron Ives »

Download Quest

Required memory card blocks: 11

The Lab has a
confidential
assignment
available.

Client: Natasha Milarose
Quest:
The Lab is looking for
hunters to participate
in a highly classified
mission. All applicants
must pass an examination
in order to qualify.
Reward: ??? Meseta

I have finished my first Episode II quest project by creating an Episode II Government quest compilation similar to the one I created for Episode I. As with Episode I, Episode II has many Government quests on BB (18 in all), and again as with Episode I, most of these quests are simply clones of the freeplay maps. Rather than port a bunch of freeplay map clones to GC, I have instead compiled the unique maps from the various Government quests into a single mission that spans every area and boss. Most floors contain a single "regular" room, and then you warp into a darkened room with lots of enemies before moving on to the next floor.

If anyone cares, these are where the maps came from:

Temple Alpha: 5-1
Temple Beta: 5-2
Spaceship Alpha: 6-1
Spaceship Beta: 6-2
Control Center: 7-4
Jungle North: 7-1
Jungle East: 7-1
Mountain: 7-2
Seaside: 7-3
Upper Seabed: 8-1
Lower Seabed: 8-2

Unlike Episode I, these maps required more modifications to make them suitable for this quest, so many of them have been stripped down to match the "one normal room, one big dark room" pattern used in Episode I.

Also note that unlike the direct Government quest ports, this quest will not harm your save data, because it uses a protection method similar to the one found in "Seat of the Heart". In order to play it, you must beat Olga Flow offline in the difficulty that you want to use for playing the quest. If you haven't beaten Olga Flow yet, the quest will kick you out until you do. This prevents the problems associated with other quests that contain bosses which can prevent you from unlocking areas and difficulty levels. Furthermore, this quest will not cause the teleporter doors in the Lab to become locked in freeplay, as is often the case with the vanilla Government quests.

As is the case with most of my quests, there is also a hidden side quest, but you must meet very specific requirements in order to access it, so it is likely that you won't be able to find it on all of your characters. Even so, it does exist. :)

Enjoy!
"Fear the HUnewearl."
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Re: [GC] The Ends of Desire

Post by Aleron Ives »

I have fixed a few minor bugs in this quest. Remember that you must delete the old quest files from your memory card before you download the updated version, as PSO will not display multiple copies of the same quest in the menu at the guild counter.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
Sir Rappington
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
Been thanked: 0

Post by Sir Rappington »

Sounds interesting. I've definitely been hurting for a good Temple and Spaceship grinding quest. What are the enemy counts like? Also, just making sure of this, are there any rooms in SS that suffer from the "no drops" setting?
Old GC player from ~05-08, casually playing a new set of chars on Dolphin. Messages over Discord will find me fastest :)

Capt.Durple (RAmar, high ult lvl)
LaserLemon (HUnewearl, high ult)
Winterleaf (FOmarl, mid ult)
Pocket Tank (HUcaseal, mid ult)
Tin Can Dan (RAcast, mid ult)
Dr. NOPE (FOnewm, mid ult)
OliverLeo (HUmar, low ult)
Firebolt (RAmarl, low ult)
DivineArbor (FOmar, VH)
Moonbow (FOnewearl, VH)
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

I have actually just started trying to document the VR Spaceship drop bug, but my tests are ongoing. :P

*edit*

If my theory is correct, it's affected. Oh, Segac. :lol:
"Fear the HUnewearl."