Earthcall on NTSC-U system?

Earthcall is a homebrew open source server for Planet Ring. This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Meet other players, report bugs, and have fun!

Moderators: Indiket, Neoblast

namine207
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Earthcall on NTSC-U system?

Post by namine207 »

Hello!

I've been really wanting to try Planet Ring on my American Dreamcast, and I even purchased a copy off of eBay. But I realized soon after that it probably has region protection. Does anyone know if the patcher removes the region lock/if there are codebreaker codes ala pso to connect/if there's a way to connect to the server using a burned copy of Planet Ring?

Thanks! I can't wait to try this out!
-Namine207
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Re: Earthcall on NTSC-U system?

Post by BlueCrab »

The patcher disc will allow you to play it on your American Dreamcast just fine.

The region lockout is handled by the BIOS during bootup, and since the BIOS is booting the patcher disc and not the game, the only region code that matters is that on the patcher disc. The patcher disc is labeled as JUE (for Japan, US, and Europe), so there's no region locking that will ever come into play.
namine207
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by namine207 »

Yes! :D Thank you so much, I can't wait to try this game out!
namine207
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by namine207 »

I got the game today and popped it in using the patcher, but it seems to want to give me a disconnect error every time I try to connect. I checked using the web browser to see if it was my dial up (using the free isp method), but that connects fine. Is the server up at the moment? I can try a few more times if it is. :)