Dreamcast Emulation issues

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

icsy7867
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Dreamcast Emulation issues

Post by icsy7867 »

I think I might be doing somethin wrong, but I cannot seem to get character saves working.

I am using the IVES Pack ISOs. I entered the serial/activation I found. Everything is in Japanese, but I have found once I enter the serial/activation I can go to options, and change the language to english.

I can hit "New Game", create a character and play offline. However once i quit and try to save I am greeted with a screen that says:

"Save is not possible. The file created at the start of this game is not available..."

If I choose the "online" option, I go through some prompts, but it takes me back to the homescreen. I am assuming this is because of the save issue as well. is there some step I am missing?
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
Has thanked: 0

Re: Dreamcast Emulation issues

Post by Aleron Ives »

You should be using the serial number and access key from your GD-ROM of PSO, as serials are region locked on DC. If you're using Flycast you should ask the emulator team for support, as we only officially support real Dreamcast hardware. Emulator bugs are beyond our control.
"Fear the HUnewearl."